How many rockets?

Mjsechrest

How many rockets?

How many rockets does it take from an ascendant launcher (250+ dmg) to enrage a 100% imprinted giga? We shot a 100% giga with over 15 rockets from ascendant launchers within 60 seconds , did not rage , did not get bloody, and did nothing to stop the giga whatsoever. There was no lag, there was low ping, and the rockets hit every time with red hit marker directly in the face every time. There is no counter to a 100% imprint giga , they shredded one of our 60k health Asc saddle Brontos in under 20 seconds. Shredded our perfect tame gigas 2 on 1 within a matter of seconds. (3 more 100% imprints right behind it waiting to help out just in case it wasn't easy enough to kill 2 270+ gigas with 1 giga in seconds. I guess this is the end anyways. It was fun ark, unfortunately it's time to give it up. 130 days played 1000's of dinosaurs tamed countless bases lost and defended but I can't continue until the balance of the game is much more even because as it is now, it's a complete waste of time and energy. And server 976, we had a fun time actually I'll give you guys credit on having a legitimate battle with us for this last run through ark.  GG mates , good luck surviving out there !

Depends on the saddle of the Giga, could of been a 200+ armour saddle with the boosted rider on it. A tip is to flame arrow the giga aswell as use rockets as if it was 1 after another in quick succession the rage meter drops pretty quickly if the fires on it though it won't drop. Depending on the saddle it could be anywhere from 2-15 rockets in quick succession, but 15 is an ungodly saddle 290+ armour another tip is if you expect something to have an OP saddle on it hit it with compound arrows aswell. Personal opinion I don't believe guns should go over 400% dmg and armor over 500 for riot and 400 for flack, aswell as saddles shouldn't scale over 100 armour as it then makes powered tek saddles 150 armor the strongest :). But Personal opinion aside bad luck

Minigun turret.  Why does no one ever use the minigun turret.  One took my 20k hp quetz with a 72 armor saddle in less than 30 seconds.  Imagine it would do the same to a giga.

Once it aggros to anything, the turret will do damage.  If it's being ridden, it doesn't even need to be aggro'd.  Shoot it with a longneck then unload on it if it's not being ridden and not aggro'd.

6 hours ago, Brayn said:

Minigun turret.  Why does no one ever use the minigun turret.  One took my 20k hp quetz with a 72 armor saddle in less than 30 seconds.  Imagine it would do the same to a giga.

Once it aggros to anything, the turret will do damage.  If it's being ridden, it doesn't even need to be aggro'd.  Shoot it with a longneck then unload on it if it's not being ridden and not aggro'd.

it's great against the giga and against popular belief the giga doesn't even need a rider for the damage to be applied, although the giga doesn't have a headshot box & the quetzal does. Even still it's great DPS on a giga provided you've got enough bullets and enough miniguns

19 hours ago, Mjsechrest said:

How many rockets?

How many rockets does it take from an ascendant launcher (250+ dmg) to enrage a 100% imprinted giga? We shot a 100% giga with over 15 rockets from ascendant launchers within 60 seconds , did not rage , did not get bloody, and did nothing to stop the giga whatsoever. There was no lag, there was low ping, and the rockets hit every time with red hit marker directly in the face every time. There is no counter to a 100% imprint giga , they shredded one of our 60k health Asc saddle Brontos in under 20 seconds. Shredded our perfect tame gigas 2 on 1 within a matter of seconds. (3 more 100% imprints right behind it waiting to help out just in case it wasn't easy enough to kill 2 270+ gigas with 1 giga in seconds. I guess this is the end anyways. It was fun ark, unfortunately it's time to give it up. 130 days played 1000's of dinosaurs tamed countless bases lost and defended but I can't continue until the balance of the game is much more even because as it is now, it's a complete waste of time and energy. And server 976, we had a fun time actually I'll give you guys credit on having a legitimate battle with us for this last run through ark.  GG mates , good luck surviving out there !

I guess you guys weren't that good after all ? I don't see how, I mean you guys did say you were "that good"

16 hours ago, Morloa said:

Depends on the saddle of the Giga, could of been a 200+ armour saddle with the boosted rider on it. A tip is to flame arrow the giga aswell as use rockets as if it was 1 after another in quick succession the rage meter drops pretty quickly if the fires on it though it won't drop. Depending on the saddle it could be anywhere from 2-15 rockets in quick succession, but 15 is an ungodly saddle 290+ armour another tip is if you expect something to have an OP saddle on it hit it with compound arrows aswell. Personal opinion I don't believe guns should go over 400% dmg and armor over 500 for riot and 400 for flack, aswell as saddles shouldn't scale over 100 armour as it then makes powered tek saddles 150 armor the strongest :). But Personal opinion aside bad luck

Yeah flame arrows are a must for gigas, not just rocket launchers alone

I could forgive the rockets maybe but I unloaded 5000+ rounds of ammo From an ascendant assault rifle with 290 damage , we shot the giga well over 200 times with longnecks (mc and Asc) , hundreds of flame arrows etc. not even bloody at all. So you tell me how to kill them then. When something has that high of a saddle armor and is 100% imprinted it's like throwing stones at the giga. I'm not sure if some of the stuff we used even did any damage. 12 c4 at the same time didn't even phase it , and in fact the gigas tanked more of our bullets than their Brontos and turtles so who knows. But volcano I'm glad you think you know how to kill one even though you've never tamed one or bred one. You can have 813 , every tribe on the server from Da mob to wildcards was insided , alliances broken because of infiltrators from the enemy server who were apparently planted for almost 2 months watching and waiting. No tamings is where it's at, lot more action and you don't have to worry about making 10000 gasoline every 2 days or feeding 400 dinosaurs. Been alpha on many servers and beta just the same , 336 , 425 , 664 , 1009 , and of course 813 but nothing beats a good old gunfight from Windows on a boat. Enjoy 813 volcano but chances are they will run you out like we did. Nobody likes scrubs 

15 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

Get your troll self out of my thread you heathen. No one should be expected to stay up 2 weeks of their lives every 4 hours to imprint. End of story 

Okay. Even though you do not deserve an explanation, I'm nice and do it anyway.

1. It's less than 2 weeks. 11 days are not 2 weeks. And you don't need to imprint whole 11 days. If you get bad rolls of 4 hours everytime, you need to imprint for a maximum of 10 days. But you will get better rolls and end up with maybe 8 to 9 days. A week. Not 2. It's your opinion on whether one should imprint a dino or not. Don't make it sound as a fact. And "staying up 2 week" is a lie. You don't need to stay up. You can get your 7-9 hours of sleep every night if you're at home besides that. Don't exaggregate things because you think they will make your argument better.

2. If you choose not to do it, don't cry if people chose to do it and became better than you are. This is only logical. People who dedicated themself to something more than others were always more successful. Ever heard the tale of the 3 little piglets? One dedicated himself to building a stone house. While the other 2 were lazy and didn't want to do it. The Wolf blwe their houses away. Like the Giga who blew your dinos away.

3. Learn what balance means. Not using the best given by free will is your failure, not the failure of the game.

You don't claim "imbalance" if you decide to raid with slingshots and Parasaurs against people on Carnos with firearms. You CAN get the same Giga as theirs, right? Imbalance would be if you couldn't.

3. Stop crying troll just because I don't agree with your opinion and say: "Poor man, those evil guys totally shouldn't have raided you with their Giga on PvP and they should use something that does not ensure their win. It is imbalance and they shouldn't be able to be better than you!"

It's PvP. Gid gud or don't play PvP. Like I'm doing.

Just now, TheLastNerb said:

Weren't you the one going on and on about how imprinting is optional, and now say you have to imprint?

No you don't have to imprint. But he is crying because someone optionally imprinted to get better. If he wishes to ignore optional mechanics, then he shouldn't cry about someone else who does not ignore it.

2 hours ago, Mjsechrest said:

I could forgive the rockets maybe but I unloaded 5000+ rounds of ammo From an ascendant assault rifle with 290 damage , we shot the giga well over 200 times with longnecks (mc and Asc) , hundreds of flame arrows etc. not even bloody at all. So you tell me how to kill them then. When something has that high of a saddle armor and is 100% imprinted it's like throwing stones at the giga. I'm not sure if some of the stuff we used even did any damage. 12 c4 at the same time didn't even phase it , and in fact the gigas tanked more of our bullets than their Brontos and turtles so who knows. But volcano I'm glad you think you know how to kill one even though you've never tamed one or bred one. You can have 813 , every tribe on the server from Da mob to wildcards was insided , alliances broken because of infiltrators from the enemy server who were apparently planted for almost 2 months watching and waiting. No tamings is where it's at, lot more action and you don't have to worry about making 10000 gasoline every 2 days or feeding 400 dinosaurs. Been alpha on many servers and beta just the same , 336 , 425 , 664 , 1009 , and of course 813 but nothing beats a good old gunfight from Windows on a boat. Enjoy 813 volcano but chances are they will run you out like we did. Nobody likes scrubs 

Lol, ohhhhh.... So NOW you remembered you shot 5000 plus rounds from an ascendant assault rifle and 200 times with Longnecks, but not in the OP. 

It sounds like you weren't prepared to take on this tribe, by your own admission they gave you a legitimate battle. What more do you want?!? You play pvp, you got a good, probably exciting fight, that sounds like it was a fun time! Be happy, that's why this game exists. 

We did have a good fight Nebraska honestly was fun. Only problem is the inability to make a giga rage with lots of rockets from ascendant launcher and other methods. The fight was fair and square even though the odds were heavily in their favor as they simply had more players (think 6-7 tribes) but overall was still fun. And I also wanted to make the point that unloading thousands of bullets from an ascendant assault rifle basically does nothing to a giga with imprint and high armor. Never claimed the fight was unfair itself only the giga aspect 

1 hour ago, NebraskARK said:

Lol, ohhhhh.... So NOW you remembered you shot 5000 plus rounds from an ascendant assault rifle and 200 times with Longnecks, but not in the OP. 

It sounds like you weren't prepared to take on this tribe, by your own admission they gave you a legitimate battle. What more do you want?!? You play pvp, you got a good, probably exciting fight, that sounds like it was a fun time! Be happy, that's why this game exists. 

5000 shots with a 290% Assault rifle equals 426300 damage. Unless they had a godlike ~200 armor saddle, a giga couldn't survive that. And in no way a Giga with a godlike OP saddle could survive that + the Longneck damage + Fire Arrows which still deal a hell of a DoT and not being bloody.

He just makes stuff up on the run.

Edit: I wanted to check if saddle affects flame arrow. It does not. The DoT still does full damage. If Imprinting reduces it, he still gets ~550 damage oer flame arrow. 50 arrows alone would bring a super high health Giga to atleast 50%.

19 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

5000 shots with a 290% Assault rifle equals 426300 damage. Unless they had a godlike ~200 armor saddle, a giga couldn't survive that. And in no way a Giga with a godlike OP saddle could survive that + the Longneck damage + Fire Arrows which still deal a hell of a DoT and not being bloody.

Gotta factor in damage reduction from being a non-human, presumed 100% imprint, and the saddle. Still not likely, and it's pretty obvious hyperbole on the OP's part.

1 minute ago, Vita said:

We just got wiped by 100% imprint gigas on primitive. They had them from the Vday event. Literally nothing you can do against it on primitive

Could have had 100% imprinted gigas yourself, could have had 1000 plant X turrets, could have shot the riders with tranqs and then lead the gigas into the water.

The standard defensive methods would actually be more effective on primitive, because they can't break the wall from a distance.

2 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Edit: I wanted to check if saddle affects flame arrow. It does not. The DoT still does full damage. If Imprinting reduces it, he still gets ~550 damage oer flame arrow. 50 arrows alone would bring a super high health Giga to atleast 50%.

Your rudeness is getting quite old. You can make a point without being an ass about it

1 hour ago, TheLastNerb said:

Your rudeness is getting quite old. You can make a point without being an ass about it

If you think it's rude that I am stating the fact that he makes stuff up, then you simply don't know what actual rudeness is and you think that anything not overly nice but realistic is rude. Even the topic is about rockets only. But then it becomes all the rockets + thousands of bullets and hundreds flame arrows. The amount he lists in both posts would not only enrage, but kill anything in ARK. Rockets, Assault ammo, Longneck ammo and hundreds of flame arrows. The arrows alone would kill the Giga. 100 Flame arrows equal 70K damage on a Giga. No saddle or imprint bonus reduces it. So he either did not count it and it was way less and he exaggregates it, or it is simply made it up.

10 hours ago, vanyelxp5 said:

Gotta factor in damage reduction from being a non-human, presumed 100% imprint, and the saddle. Still not likely, and it's pretty obvious hyperbole on the OP's part.

Could have had 100% imprinted gigas yourself, could have had 1000 plant X turrets, could have shot the riders with tranqs and then lead the gigas into the water.

The standard defensive methods would actually be more effective on primitive, because they can't break the wall from a distance.

Lol I raised 20 100% imprinted brontos and rexs each during the v day event while I put up 2k spikes and 1.5k crop plots around the base. Also tranqing a rider does nothing when there are 15 other ppl in their tribe standing right behind them to whistle the giga. We had plants on players only killing riders off the mounts but like I said the teammates would whistle the gigas back. These guys we went against own 9 servers. We had 4 100% imprinted gigas but that was nothing vs their 8 of them plus 10 rexs 3 brontos a few spinos and a quetz

11 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Archived