Problems with sloped stone roofs?

skeeta

Problems with sloped stone roofs?

Hey guys. Playing Prim+ on official PvE server.

I decided to build a dino trap away from base. Something I can either kite critters into or, preferably, they trap themselves in while I'm not there. All doors will be unlocked so anyone on the server can use it.

One part of the design relies on snapping a sloped wall to a fence foundation on the ground then a sloped roof to the wall. I tested it in thatch before I made the stone structures and it worked fine. Fence foundation in ground, sloped wall to that and sloped roof to that.

However, when I tried it in stone on the site I'd chosen it didn't work. I laid all the fence foundations fine (nice flat ground) and the sloped walls snapped in perfectly but the sloped roofs just wouldn't take. They snapped ok but stayed red. There's nothing even remotely close enough to cause clipping issues (that's one reason I chose the site). In fact, my thatch test back at base worked even though a lot of the roof was clipped into the ground if I placed it on one side of the wall.

Are there currently issues with sloped stone bits or foundations? I'm left with a 3x4 rectangle of fence foundations with sloped roofs in each corner now out in the wilds and nothing I can do with them. I just thank god I didn't drop the dino gate in first lol.

4 hours ago, wildbill said:

Hmm, are you talking about the cement sloped roofs in primitive or the standard ARK sloped stone roof. The standard sloped stone roof only seems to snap to those sloped wall things. They do not snap to a foundation of any sort.

Yeah, the same stone roof as in standard ark. 

The sloped stone roofs do snap green to thatch sloped walls but not stone ones. So the issue could be with the walls instead. I'll experiment and see what I can find. 

Ok, update to this. 

I've just tried it back at base. Exact same setup with the same materials (stone) and it worked fine. I put two fence foundations down in an L shape. Put a sloped stone wall on one (thin end at the intersection of the foundations) and a sloped stone roof on that. It went on absolutely fine. No issues at all. 

What's more confusing is my base is on a bit of a slope meaning the foundations and the roof were clipping the ground all over the place but still worked ok. The spot in trying to build the trap is perfectly level but it stays red whichever corner of the rectangle I try to place it.

How confused am I? 

16 hours ago, wildbill said:

There are other things that block building, like loot drops. Possibly one of those things?

The closest drop is about 100m away but it can't be that anyway dude. I've already laid 14 fence foundations and 4 sloped walls. The roofs were to go on top of these.

I have no idea why this works in one place but not the other.

Archived