Performance

ooStuStu

Performance

I am not tech savvy by any stretch of the imagination...But i did have a friend price me out the specs for a good PC rig that could play ARK at optimal settings ....It was well into the the thousands of dollars.. I still may get it as he said i could add stuff later but initial investment would be 1k+ not a big deal ...
But the reason for the topic is this question
Will the consoles be left behind when it comes to structure and dino limit due to performance issues? Or will the new Scorpio and the current PS4 have enough in the tank to make it happen on consoles?
and please if you are tech savvy please break it down to the kindergartner level for me

11 hours ago, ooStuStu said:

Performance

I am not tech savvy by any stretch of the imagination...But i did have a friend price me out the specs for a good PC rig that could play ARK at optimal settings ....It was well into the the thousands of dollars.. I still may get it as he said i could add stuff later but initial investment would be 1k+ not a big deal ...
But the reason for the topic is this question
Will the consoles be left behind when it comes to structure and dino limit due to performance issues? Or will the new Scorpio and the current PS4 have enough in the tank to make it happen on consoles?
and please if you are tech savvy please break it down to the kindergartner level for me

The short and simple of it is NO the consoles will be on the same lvl as PC (as far as vanilla ark goes. Now as far as mods go they could push the limit for some people that are rocking godly setups ) Ark has little to due with the type of machine your using be it PC or console and more to do with how optimized the game is. In simple terms the code for the game is a messy teenagers room and the devs are improving the game by beating this little brat until the room is clean. Now as far as the difference is playing on computer or XB is just a translation so for instance is PC is English and your on XB your playing in french. You are doing the same thing but, in a different dialect. Now there will be some slight difference as far as connection and graphics are concerned being that PC graphics card can crush XB and PS graphics cards to a pulp. so the game can run faster fps on PC and the graphics will look a little sharper. However as far as limits on tames or  structure size I can't see it being any different for pc then console because its more to due with code and also another side note while they could make the game far better on PC in terms of limits Devs don't make games for the highest of the highest PC gaming rigs. Instead they aim more of a mid range so that more people will have assess to it rather then only some one running a 2-5k gaming pc.  P.S. hows everything going for you stu haven't talked to you in a while.

First off man great to hear from you ...You sort of just vanished .. i held you on the roster for a long time thinking you might return.. Things are good got a 40 man tribe been getting more and more organized with "work" groups and things of that nature.. never looked back after the 182 raid... The only guys i have with me that were on 182 are Dain and Zombie...We are posted up on Herb on our new server... You still play?

As for the response to the topic ..great you so answered my questions and i didn't even have to google anything lol

Archived