Long loading time

vanyelxp5

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/19/2019 at 8:57 AM, Blueduck said:

This is not a performance issue, it’s a game issue that’s been going on for a very long time now. I would love to see a fix, 2 years ago would have been nice lol.

Just joined the ARK community with Steam on a macbook. 10-15m from "Play" to playing.

Insane, especially after all this time.

• 1 month later...

I just got a solid state drive, and am installing Ark on it.

Load time on this computer pre-SSD, 17 minutes from clicking "Join last played session" to the map loading in the first time (I say first, because usually at that point it sends me back to the main menu, for another 3 minute load time for the map stuff. Thankfully it remembers the Prim+ things that otherwise take forever)

I'll run a stopwatch on it again once everything is done installing again.

The fact that, 3 years later, this is still a problem, and being talked about in the same thread is... kinda disappointing. There has to be a better way to integrate it into the game so it doesn't take so long.

After a restart, and running as few things as possible in both cases. This is the result of the time test.

Before SSD: Prim+ load time, 14 minutes, 55 seconds, Ragnarok load time, 4 minutes, 15 seconds. Total load time, 19 minutes, 10 seconds.

After SSD: Prim+ load time, 10 minutes, 26 seconds. Ragnarok load time, 3 minutes, 23 seconds. Total load time, 13 minutes, 49 seconds.

Getting an SSD knocked a little over 5 minutes off of the initial load time for everything. But given how much faster an SSD reads and writes vs a normal hard drive, it should be more. This proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the problem here, is bad optimization... not people's computer specs

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have a possible solution. At least for steam users.  I don't really know how to do this myself because I've never made a single mod for Ark. 

Since the original Primitive Plus mod is still on the workshop, somebody should try to get permission from the creator to update that mod to the current game version.  

To hell with this official "total conversion". I'm playing on a PC that was built to play brand new games in 2021.  No mod from 2017 should take 10 minutes or more to load. This mod is less than a year younger than my oldest son, ffs!

Archived