Gigantopithecus lvling?

Ketchum94

Gigantopithecus lvling?

Okay for starters I'd like to mention I'm a fairly new squatch owner so to speak but I plan on getting a little deeper into breeding them. What is a good gigantopithecus build? Are they worth anything at farming? My squatch is a beast I love taking her out but I'm not certain of any real good uses. I mean I really enjoy wrecking through the woods and just having a good time but are there really any other practicalities with a gigantopithecus? Gigantopithecus seem to be a bit of a slow raise not terrible but just hoping to get some thoughts on this before diving in any further. Any comments would be appreciated thanks.

They're a fair berry gatherer.

I'd argue that it's better than a Direbear for gathering fiber, since it passively collects on wander rather than actively collecting on a bear that needs a saddle. Therizino adds a third animal in the fiber race, though I have yet to really try it much.

Squatch can wear helmets. A high quality helmet can provide an awful lot of damage reduction, paired with a high health stat, they can be very resilient. They also hit like a small truck. They can usually carry 'enough' weight, but a few points wouldn't be bad here. They're pretty quick, a few extra levels into movement speed can get them zipping along, but you'll want Stamina to go with it.

It really depends what you want to do with them.

I'm the 'cat lady' of Apes lol.. I breed them and know a lot about their mechanics and what not. The only way I'd use them for farming is if you have a large, safe area for them to roam around to passively collect fiber. 

Pro tip: Put a tracking node on them, they can be hard to find if roaming in wooded areas. 

Personally, I use bears or therizinos. With just a standard max tame bear, nothing special - you can go non-stop with fiber without running out of stam. Therezino, really I'd only use it if I was out farming, needed fiber and forgot the bear.. bear seems to be a better choice still, especially people breeding 290's.

Build wise really depends on what you're wanting to do but it's always a safe bet to work on it's health and damage first as stat priorties. They're actually not bad in caves and I really want to take my ape army into battle against a boss one day.. because you know, they can wear asc helms. ;) 

I like going for 110% movement speed, 2k+ health, 250% melee and 700+ weight but ofc it depends on what you want to do most. They're an amazing thatch collector (thousands within minutes) if you go the swamp and pound the swamp trees that look as if their roots are climbing out of the water, but of course weight and melee is best for that and they can handle all of the snakes and crocs, not too sure about theriz :P 

19 hours ago, Super Fab said:

I'm the 'cat lady' of Apes lol.. I breed them and know a lot about their mechanics and what not. The only way I'd use them for farming is if you have a large, safe area for them to roam around to passively collect fiber. 

Pro tip: Put a tracking node on them, they can be hard to find if roaming in wooded areas. 

Personally, I use bears or therizinos. With just a standard max tame bear, nothing special - you can go non-stop with fiber without running out of stam. Therezino, really I'd only use it if I was out farming, needed fiber and forgot the bear.. bear seems to be a better choice still, especially people breeding 290's.

Build wise really depends on what you're wanting to do but it's always a safe bet to work on it's health and damage first as stat priorties. They're actually not bad in caves and I really want to take my ape army into battle against a boss one day.. because you know, they can wear asc helms. ;) 

I know this probably varies drastically but how many times of breeding did it take to get ape mutations? I'd be very much interested just wondering what I might be looking at 

I've honestly lost count, I want to say about 30 from start to finish to get the pic shown there. I've been at it for months tbh. 

They're kinda annoying to breed tbh. You have to make them mate, then its a really long time until they come out. Then you have to hand feed them constantly for a long time. It's not for the faint hearted.. I think that's why I'm really the only one on officials with these at this lvl of mutation. 

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck! :) 

10 minutes ago, Super Fab said:

You know what I'm getting into thats kinda fun, are bears. They're really easy so you can advance with lvls / mutations a lot faster with them.. they're also very easy to raise and fun to take out... just an idea. 

Bears have been a personal favorite of mine for a while now but haven't experienced color mutations with them yet. To get mutations do you keep breeding the offspring to the same original parents? Because I kept mixing it up I think ruining my chances for a mutation lol

If you get a mutation then you just keep breeding with that mutated bear, then you multiply. 

To get a mutation, you need a lot of females. It's also a good idea once you get a mutation to switch up the male to another one. It might possible help with whatever mechanism they have in place that decides the chances of getting a new mutation. 

When you get a dino with one mutation but another dino has a different mutation at a different spot on its body, then you mate those two and hope for the best. Then once you get it, you mate back with one that has either of the mutations. That way the odds of keeping at least 1 mutation is very high (the one the original source mutation dino has, ie main body color) but the secondary mutation might take time. And basically once you get two mutations where its 100% gurantee, then you do the same for the 3rd mutation. 

Basically just spit out as many babies as possible until you hit gold, multiply that dino, cross breed between said dinos to lock in that mutation, try other dinos for a new mutation, connect those mutations together if it doesn't have the first mutation already on its body. Rinse and repeat. 

3 minutes ago, Super Fab said:

If you get a mutation then you just keep breeding with that mutated bear, then you multiply. 

To get a mutation, you need a lot of females. It's also a good idea once you get a mutation to switch up the male to another one. It might possible help with whatever mechanism they have in place that decides the chances of getting a new mutation. 

When you get a dino with one mutation but another dino has a different mutation at a different spot on its body, then you mate those two and hope for the best. Then once you get it, you mate back with one that has either of the mutations. That way the odds of keeping at least 1 mutation is very high (the one the original source mutation dino has, ie main body color) but the secondary mutation might take time. And basically once you get two mutations where its 100% gurantee, then you do the same for the 3rd mutation. 

Basically just spit out as many babies as possible until you hit gold, multiply that dino, cross breed between said dinos to lock in that mutation, try other dinos for a new mutation, connect those mutations together if it doesn't have the first mutation already on its body. Rinse and repeat. 

Well some of which I was already doing but I'm excited of the possibilities and thanks for all the advice I'm going to give it a try for sure

Archived