Do dinos that get pushed under the map count towards dino limit?

RedneckWolf

Do dinos that get pushed under the map count towards dino limit?

I am wondering if tamed dinos that got pushed under the map still count towards your tamed dino limit? A while back a bunch of our dinos got pushed under by rocks and etc. (Quetz, giga, egg dinos, etc.). Our tribe has hit dino limit numerous times but it seems like we are nowhere near dino limit. Has anyone else thought of this or have experienced this? If so this needs to be fixed.

If your animal didn't die, then yes, they still count toward your tame limit, stuck under the map or not.

The pet in question is "technically" considered in the world...I think. My reasoning is two-fold.

The first is because I play on a non-dedicated server, and I've had pets disappear under the map a few times. With the admin command "ghost" I've been able to go under the map and retrieve my pets.

The second is the "dead nest" phenomenon that happens in the World Scar on Scorched Earth, where a nest has appeared in an alcove, but no egg exists. Normally, if you take an egg, the nest despawns within a minute.

After my fifth dead nest appeared, I decided to check out my theory on the matter...you guessed it, the eggs fell through the world, but I was able to pick them up in ghost mode, and sure enough then the nests despawned.

Because the wyvern nests were still counting an egg as present, even though it was under the map, I can't see any reason the game wouldn't also count your tames as also "technically" present.

Hope that helps.

Archived