What's the point of having a support forums?

MystiCx

What's the point of having a support forums?

Although i did just register yesterday I've seen enough to come up with the conclusion that maybe the ark staff dont even look at what we say? I feel their more focused on adding things to the game than fixing current issues and ones that have been going on for a year now to those who play pc and anyone whos had the game long enough to understand that the game is one hell of a bug show. While going through the forums i see many people bring up the fact they get little to no assistance and just end up getting looked down on when it comes to problems. For example the lag and glitch issues currently on consoles. Ever since the tek teir update many servers have experienced non stop lagging causing players to lose tames and even their characters. Theres so much to be done still on the game and i feel that by having a support forums you should at least be able to respond and give people some sort of relief or a "we're looking into it". I have yet to see any Ark staff respond to the lag issue occuring on console and many players are even beginning to quit because of it. I get they're busy people and all but at least give people some sort of response or reasoning. I'd like to see a change and even this post is less likely to be seen my staff than something thats been on the forums for ages. To all players and reader, have a wonderful day.:P

• Volunteer Moderator

I can tell you, that these forums are read by the developers, all the way to the top.  However, they spend most of their time working on the game, and, generally, only respond if there is a need. 

Ironically, it is because they read the forums and take comments and suggestions from the community, that the scope of this game has expanded so much.   And, there are definite instances where the voice of the community has caused changes, even on newly released content/changes.  Just because everyone does not get their way every time, does not mean they don't listen to the community.

Why is it that the same issues keep coming up? Those people that are pissed at the game need to be shown that the devs actually care for what the players have to say. Theres plenty of players that right now believe what they say is just useless and dont discuss about it because of that. At least have them say something about all the issues going on and it'll clear up a lot of tension i see between the players and the devs. Doesn't have to be a full fledged artcle but a list of complaints in a sentence saying "we're looking into these" would help those of us who dont think we get even the slightest of eyes from the devs.

Archived