Hey Wildcard, do you drug test your staff?

Dragmoor

Hey Wildcard, do you drug test your staff?

If not, what drugs would you guess the coder who made the new therizinosaurus, a giant HERBIVORE with an apparent grudge against no one but homo sapiens, have the hit power of a REX, the HP of a CARNO, and the population of the DILO was on when they came into work before the V-Day update?

I didn't care for them until the wife and I decided to use a V Day chocolate on a tame that'll take a while. We knocked out a 140, crop tamed it in about an hour. With 3x taming, it didn't lose but two bonus levels.

This thing is a beast. It's my go-to for farming meat, fiber, hide, etc. I didn't like or care for them at first, but now I want a few more. 

I don't see them being "as common as dilo's" though. On a dedicated server with only 7 or 8 people playing, our dino spawns are insane. Even than, I only see a handful or two scattered across the entire Center map.

1 hour ago, BigRed1227 said:

The theri though...that thing is a beast!!! Get yourself some better dinos and u don't have to worry about them. 

Playing on NoTamingExperimental atm. On prim lus they aggro other dinos but do no damage to them but only to players. I want to know on what basis they only attack humans or anything given that they are herbivores in the game and actual history. They are literally every 30 meters on the map and are not solo creatures as the dossier claims. This is ludicrous.

They are quite common in certain areas. I think they're a cool challenge and a very useful tame. They're different from a Rex or Carno in that they don't actively hunt you and other dinos, but pack a punch if you get to close.

I also find that how prevalent they are goes up and down. We had them all over near our base for about 2 weeks, but now it's all sarco's and carno's. The weeks before that there were a lot of raptors, including 3 alphas. It seems that sometimes the random generator gives waves of certain animals.

I have screen shots on my Xbox of SIX of them in one place on the river delta in the north east. It makes life even harder. They break iron armor in two hits.

Something this powerful being more common than dodos or dilos is just ridiculous. Who makes these decisions? What pisses me off is that they ONLY attack players, but everything else is FINE? What the hell did humans do?????????

1 hour ago, Irk said:

I didn't care for them until the wife and I decided to use a V Day chocolate on a tame that'll take a while. We knocked out a 140, crop tamed it in about an hour. With 3x taming, it didn't lose but two bonus levels.

This thing is a beast. It's my go-to for farming meat, fiber, hide, etc. I didn't like or care for them at first, but now I want a few more. 

I don't see them being "as common as dilo's" though. On a dedicated server with only 7 or 8 people playing, our dino spawns are insane. Even than, I only see a handful or two scattered across the entire Center map.

exactly this, its my go to.  if i want to tame anything or harvest i take her out.  i can build a temp pen in seconds!  this thing is perfect for making spike walls too

10 minutes ago, Dragmoor said:

I have screen shots on my Xbox of SIX of them in one place on the river delta in the north east. It makes life even harder. They break iron armor in two hits.

Something this powerful being more common than dodos or dilos is just ridiculous. Who makes these decisions? What pisses me off is that they ONLY attack players, but everything else is FINE? What the hell did humans do?????????

Not to try to be argumentative here, but don't you think you're overreacting a bit? You found six in a group, and suddenly they're "more common than dodos or dilos"? 

10 minutes ago, Irk said:

Not to try to be argumentative here, but don't you think you're overreacting a bit? You found six in a group, and suddenly they're "more common than dodos or dilos"? 

Definitely not as common as dilos or dodos, but definitely more common than the dinos they are similar to in abilities in the areas that are common to beginners.  

That said they haven't been that hard to avoid or kill for me.  I just started a new server and there were at least 3 right close by on the beginner beach where I started building.  I don't want em nerfed, but fewer in those areas, say like similar to how often carnos spawn seems like a better spawn rate for those who cannot kill them.  I just kite them to a cliff and get the XP for the kills. :)

Wild ones are pretty nuts. They can hit the rider of small-medium class tames, ignore armor, damage stone (small amounts but still what the hell), and have THE absolute longest memory of any wild dino period. Once you aggravate these things they NEVER go away, I had one get pushed out of my taming raft when I clipped a rock avoiding a alpha raptor, the theri chased my raft to the ocean, killed some guys lowbie spino, then spent twenty minutes ping ponging between my raft, a guys ptera that was trying to help, and the base of the owner of the dead spino. Chased my raft back up the river a good  I dunno sixty meters or so when I went to fetch my argent, chased me back down to ocean, chased the ptera guy back and forth before finally plowing into a guy that was moving all his dinos along the beach and getting murdered.

:Jerbmad: Theriz are serious buiseness yo.

Archived