Can someone explain this?

FeelingLotus

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:34 AM, FeelingLotus said:

I was yelling at my monitor telling you to feed them they are going to die. coworker looked at me like I was crazy.

did a bunch of testing over the weekend found the higher the weight the baby gets the more health is has and can survive a eat glitch or two if they are not one right after the other, The not eating pause will last between 60-120 health on a troodon baby. so the health will drop 60-120 before the baby will eat again, on troodons one instance of this is okay, but if it happens twice in a row baby is dead.

only way to guarantee the babies will live is to sit there and watch them for the 2 hour baby phase and force feed, once they hit juvenile the troodons are fine and can self sustain. found that the going out of render failed and is  not reliable.

Data was collected from hatching 6 eggs 1 of which was twins.

19 hours ago, ClamsJager said:

I was yelling at my monitor telling you to feed them they are going to die. coworker looked at me like I was crazy.

lol. I did more testing as well. Did a baby beaver and had to force feed it constantly the first 5-10 minutes. After that I watched it and noticed every few minutes its food would start plummeting and i had to force feed it every so often. So could I raise a baby or two? Yes. Could I realistically raise 10-15 at a time like I normally do? No way. Needs to be fixed via code, plain and simple. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2017 at 3:56 PM, mleii said:

You're talking about a work around right?  It wasn't that way before in previous versions and so they're saying it's a new bug.  You never had to force feed babies until recent patches and it doesn't seem like all babies require having to be force fed, even the same dinos.

Faced this on ps4 with my wife and I's Therizino babies, all we had to do was force feed them one berry and it fixed itself. Though at this point one of us will sit on them till they have a decent food value just because you don't know when the glitch will hit again. Crappy glitch but on dinos with decent food values when you get to a certain point in growth you can walk away for a while without worry. Definitely something that needs to be fixed

3 hours ago, Velarius said:

Faced this on ps4 with my wife and I's Therizino babies, all we had to do was force feed them one berry and it fixed itself. Though at this point one of us will sit on them till they have a decent food value just because you don't know when the glitch will hit again. Crappy glitch but on dinos with decent food values when you get to a certain point in growth you can walk away for a while without worry. Definitely something that needs to be fixed

This might explain what happened when I tried to raise four sheep. I think I force feed one of them, but not the other three. I left them alone for like five minutes and when I was heading back to them, I get a death message for three of them saying they were killed. One lived and was fine in health and food when I checked it. I was even using the swimming in water method to reduce food consumption and three died, apparently from starvation.

Archived