Can someone explain this?

FeelingLotus

Can someone explain this?

http://xboxclips.com/FeelingLotus/24160d3b-ecbe-4f29-93a0-7af6a9302359/embed

So I go to hatch a few babies. Hatched 2 troodons. Claimed and stuck meat into them. One died within a minute with food on its inventory, the other died moments later. You can type my gamertag (feelinglotus) on xboxclips.com to see a few more. Curious how that happened. Can someone explain this?

It's a known eating bug, randomly a dino will stop eating for a few minutes, despite having food in it's inventory or being near a feeding trough.

You only realy notice it when rearing young or taming, Times when you are concious of it's food stat. Makes breeding a lottery, unless you are prepared to sit in the dino's inventory and force feed it when needed for hours upon end.

25 minutes ago, Critter said:

I Wonder if this same bug is the one that causes some of the Dino's I knock out to not register that there actually is food in its inventory, and therefore the taming bar on the bottom will continue to say "put food in inventory to tame", etc. it goes away after a few minutes but still. 

I encountered this one aswell. Force feeding them once seems to fix it.

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

You have to physically feed the ba ies food. Remote use item

You're talking about a work around right?  It wasn't that way before in previous versions and so they're saying it's a new bug.  You never had to force feed babies until recent patches and it doesn't seem like all babies require having to be force fed, even the same dinos.

force feed til ltehy are out of baby stage, then fill inventory with meat, force feed again till health is full, then get the heck out of dodge and don't return. if you come back to check meat level repeat process.

Make sure you stay away from them if you are not checking on them. for some reason this keeps them alive from my testing. I only went about 10 foundations away and it worked fine.

going to raise another few eggs tonight and test it some more.

3 minutes ago, ClamsJager said:

force feed til ltehy are out of baby stage, then fill inventory with meat, force feed again till health is full, then get the heck out of dodge and don't return. if you come back to check meat level repeat process.

Make sure you stay away from them if you are not checking on them. for some reason this keeps them alive from my testing. I only went about 10 foundations away and it worked fine.

going to raise another few eggs tonight and test it some more.

Wow, what a pain in the butt.  Was a pain enough having to make sure the inventory was full for the lower weight dinos, now we have to do this to make sure that they live.  Really hope this is a bug and gets fixed and isn't how this mechanic now works.

1 hour ago, mleii said:

You're talking about a work around right?  It wasn't that way before in previous versions and so they're saying it's a new bug.  You never had to force feed babies until recent patches and it doesn't seem like all babies require having to be force fed, even the same dinos.

Yep. Telling you how to keep your babies alive. Raised a few troods during vday, gt used to force feeding all dinos ( to heal from stasis bug as well)

24 minutes ago, mleii said:

Sorry it happened to you, but thank you for the video showing exactly what is still happening.

I'm raising one now. Had to force feed it the first few minutes, but every so often I have to force feed it as the food will suddenly start plummeting. And the Dino's will die instantly when food is at zero.

Archived