How much health should my rex's have to go up against the bosses?

cfgonyea90

How much health should my rex's have to go up against the bosses?

Right now im leveling my rex's to max then breeding them to make more about how much health should they have to go up against the bosses successfully? 

Also me and and only tribe mate will be opening fire on them with apprentice assault rifles with 1000s of ammo

21 minutes ago, Ketchum94 said:

Sounds right that has always seemed to be the case when breeding/raising my dire Bears :)

Yer it's definitely the case. The breeding stats are either the post-tame stats or what the dino is born with. The 'domestic' levels don't do anything. I figured he was confused. That's a lot of work to level them all up prior to breeding hehe. Ah well. At least they're max level now.

It depends on what Boss you want to fight. Easy Broodmother can be defeated with 10 rexes which have 15+K and 500% damage. Medium needs 20 rexes with 500-600% damage and 20-25K Health + good saddles. Hard requires really good Rexes and people who actively shoot the boss with high damage Compounds or Assault rifles.

Ape and Dragon are harder. SO you probably know what you need to defeat them. People who shoot them and very good Rexes.

9 hours ago, Harrist14 said:

Mm you're overselling broodmother @Jostabeere. My friends did easy with 10 rexes with 12k health and 450 melee, then went straight into medium without even healing the rexes fully because each took 2k damage or less, and they only lost one Rex doing medium. 

That's what I had when I killed her. You can probably go even lower, but with the random stats you could get a really high health roll and it can get really close to the timer.

2 hours ago, mgnt232 said:

did you have imprinted rex?
we are looking to do brood on medium next weekend. Have 2 rex at 30k / 400&450 melee, rest at 25k / 500%+ melee... so we should be good right? (all imprinted 100%)
also its a 10 rex/ person limit correct? (xbox PvE)

I remember seeing something about only 20 dinos per boss arena but maybe it is per person.. not entirely sure

@Flaminraptors That might be enough. By why limit yourself to only half the allowed number of rexes? Especially if you are not sure about it. Go overkill. It's an ALL IN endeavor. If those rexes and all your gear you will be taking in are not 100% expendable then I take much more. I only too 9 rexes in easy mode (3rd gen breeders - 10k health 400% dmg) with primitive saddles. We did not get slaughtered (took very little damage actually) but we still lost everything because when the time ran out we only had the easy broodmother down to half health. Went in again with 20 rexes ( avg 500% dmg 11k health) and we slaughtered the bug avged only taking 2-3k dmg on the rexes. Went in a second time and killed the boss again but that time lost 3 rexes and avged taking 8k dmg to the rexes. Again all rexes had primitive saddles. Maybe with journey or mastercraft saddles I could be confident about medium.

It can be different every time. And someone here who fought hard only once and got a lucky roll will tell you that you will be fine. But because the broodmother can get varying roll's on stats it is hard to ever say how it will turn out for you.

Good luck.

8 minutes ago, Midnight_ said:

@Flaminraptors That might be enough. By why limit yourself to only half the allowed number of rexes? Especially if you are not sure about it. Go overkill. It's an ALL IN endeavor. If those rexes and all your gear you will be taking in are not 100% expendable then I take much more. I only too 9 rexes in easy mode (3rd gen breeders - 10k health 400% dmg) with primitive saddles. We did not get slaughtered (took very little damage actually) but we still lost everything because when the time ran out we only had the easy broodmother down to half health. Went in again with 20 rexes ( avg 500% dmg 11k health) and we slaughtered the bug avged only taking 2-3k dmg on the rexes. Went in a second time and killed the boss again but that time lost 3 rexes and avged taking 8k dmg to the rexes. Again all rexes had primitive saddles. Maybe with journey or mastercraft saddles I could be confident about medium.

It can be different every time. And someone here who fought hard only once and got a lucky roll will tell you that you will be fine. But because the broodmother can get varying roll's on stats it is hard to ever say how it will turn out for you.

Good luck.

Sorry, I didn't realise the limit was 20, I thought it was 10 survivors and 10 mounts, in that case I can go in with the full allocation, we have no shortage of rexes, at last count we had around 30(I personally have 4, 2 of which are 100% imprint and around lvl 300 with the stats mentioned in the previous post) 

I'm not even too worried about losing them, we breed them to die anyway right? Just want to experience what the game has to offer in as much as end game (haven't done easy yet, will obv do that before trying hard) 

Cheers for the info tho dude 

23 minutes ago, Midnight_ said:

Good luck.

Never done a boss battle, if you don't kill a boss before the time runs out you lose all your dino's?  Also if you are shooting and not riding a rex does it really matter if it's been imprinted?

A lot of useful information for the broodmother but what about the Megapithecus? What are some tips to defeating it? We tried not to long ago with 8 rexes(25k health and asc saddles with about 500% melee) and two turtles(23k and asc saddles). At the time I did not know you could have more then 10 dinos. Our major problems were that we did not realize it could kill you while you are mounted, and we forgot a whip so when we teleported in we were stuck. When we managed to get unstuck the megapithecus was already crossing the bridge. Our dinos took little damage but everyone was killed off the mounts. We are thinking of trying the same thing but with someone on a quick maneuverable dino to get around to prolong the fight. That or whistling some of the dinos onto the megapithecus while we shoot it with flame arrows/ asc guns.

34 minutes ago, Flaminraptors said:

Sorry, I didn't realise the limit was 20, I thought it was 10 survivors and 10 mounts, in that case I can go in with the full allocation, we have no shortage of rexes, at last count we had around 30(I personally have 4, 2 of which are 100% imprint and around lvl 300 with the stats mentioned in the previous post) 

I'm not even too worried about losing them, we breed them to die anyway right? Just want to experience what the game has to offer in as much as end game (haven't done easy yet, will obv do that before trying hard) 

Cheers for the info tho dude 

You should really ...REALLY research before you boss fight. There is MUCH at stake: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Boss_Arenas

22 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Never done a boss battle, if you don't kill a boss before the time runs out you lose all your dino's?  Also if you are shooting and not riding a rex does it really matter if it's been imprinted?

Imprinting gives bonus to the stats. This increases health and damage. Riding it adds the addition damage and damage resistance bonus. So even when not mounted a 100% imprinted rex is far more formidable than a rex not imprinted.

21 minutes ago, CCRogerWilco said:

That link says nothing about losing dinos, or how this timer thing works.

That is why you should do research! lol. I just posted one link with one piece of information. That link supplies the criteria for the boss fights. This included the information about how many dinos and players can go into a boss fight. There are MANY links and LOTS of info. DO YOUR RESEARCH. I am not going to do it for you. LOL

Archived