PvE Griefing

Lumitesi

Hello. First of all this isn't a whine thread, I'm merece trying to bring something to light that seems so incredibly obvious to me yet isn't implemented. Will have a TL, DR at the end.

A little background:

Yesterday on PvE official server 89, a douchebag came in with the intention of griefing, so he picks a fight and of course grabs the nearest Gigas, lvls 110 and 10. Along the way to his target Gigas aggro and tear down a third, innocent player's base.. The lvl 110 dies but lvl 10 survives and he keeps on. Up to this point, Just another day in ARK PVE..

The real issue:

So this douchebag claims he has done this on 4 servers at least, destroyed whole bases just because it is fun. And it seems that when people report him, he just gets banned from the server and even if he does get banned, that happens after about 10 days.. So by then he's had time to destroy all he wants. So what's the point!? How can wildcard allow this? I mean, we all have dark moments, but 4 times going on Fifth!?

By opening cross ark wildcard has enabled this. I can go to another server mess with people there and I will only get banned there, which wouldn't bother me bela use I was really playing in another server.. I'd have nothing to lose. Can we please fix this? Can you perma Ban people on the 2nd or 3rd time?

My suggestions :

Solving Griefing- make it so that Gigas and Titans cannot aggro off-line players if they are also in combat with somente from another tribe. 

Punishing griefers- Server Ban on first strike, 2 week ARK-wide Ban on second strike,  perma Ban on third strike. 

TL, DR : there's no real punishment for griefing in a server you don't play. Wildcard, either solve griefing once and for all or punish griefers severely. 

8 hours ago, Kallor said:

Last year Wildcard removed training wild dinos into people bases as something that breaks the ToS (PvE).  It used to state specifically that this wasn't permitted, but apparently it's ok to do so now since they specifically removed the line about it.

Lol is this real? Wow... 

According to support answers pulling wild dino's/ rock elementals is allowed you need to protect your base better since dinos etc etc wander. This is what i got as answer for my tickets this was for PVE.  Shot said is part of the game even for PVE..... and they wont do anything about it (yet?) since it is stil alpha. 

45 minutes ago, GEonWAR said:

Why dont you guys secure ur base with walls or behmoth or dino gate?

If you know how to tame then must know how to protect ur hard earned things.

Still if you have turrets/plants you can aggro Titans or Gigas and they do clip through gates/walls. Or if you dont have turrets you have to leave dinos on neutral or a Dilo could spawn and wipe your whole base. Point is, what's the point of working hard for months when a douche can log in and mess your poop in 30m? And not even get punished for it? 

1 minute ago, Avaraxius said:

According to support answers pulling wild dino's/ rock elementals is allowed you need to protect your base better since dinos etc etc wander. This is what i got as answer for my tickets this was for PVE.  Shot said is part of the game even for PVE..... and they wont do anything about it (yet?) since it is stil alpha. 

So I can just jump from server to server messing people up and it's ok? Nice going Wildcard. Starting to notice that everything that actually demands support of any kind is just ignored/swept under the rug. 

4 minutes ago, Lumitesi said:

Maybe one Day it'll happen to you, tell me if you still feel the same way afterwards. 

Sir, i m playing this game more than a year, saw many people like you mentioned, mail many time to support but finally realise supports can't do anything abt this. We need to fix this poop ourself. You also have to fix it urself.

1 hour ago, Lumitesi said:

So I can just jump from server to server messing people up and it's ok? Nice going Wildcard. Starting to notice that everything that actually demands support of any kind is just ignored/swept under the rug. 

I played PvE before you could jump servers and there were trolls doing that then. It has nothing to do with transfers. What if a giga spawned near your base and wasnt kited? You have to make sure your base can handle anything the environment throws at it and one of those things is a wild dino. Turrets, bullets, inside and out. Build in metal as soon as you can. Never let the troll know hes bothering you, dont respond in chat. More often than not they are doing it to get a rise out of you and when you dont respond and just build your base better they will move on to someone else or leave the server altogether.

2 hours ago, Avaraxius said:

Yep. My base is safe, behemoth gates blocking off the cliff and all of my dinos are inside an all metal barn, but other people on PVE get wrecked all the time by gigas being led to their base. I've reported several people for it with video of them doing it, and they aren't interested in doing anything about it anymore. 

2 hours ago, DinoMinions said:

I played PvE before you could jump servers and there were trolls doing that then. It has nothing to do with transfers. What if a giga spawned near your base and wasnt kited? You have to make sure your base can handle anything the environment throws at it and one of those things is a wild dino. Turrets, bullets, inside and out. Build in metal as soon as you can. Never let the troll know hes bothering you, dont respond in chat. More often than not they are doing it to get a rise out of you and when you dont respond and just build your base better they will move on to someone else or leave the server altogether.

The problem agravates when you add cross server because if you grief on your own server, you can get griefed back or if support actually does something, you may lose all your progress, but when you can port your char to another server you can go there mess people up and there's no way to retaliate and no punishment. Also, Gigas spawn near mountains. I made my main base in a south beach exactly because I didn't want to deal with Gigas spawning nearby. Why should I have to remake my base just because a sad troll wants to mess my poop? BTW just to make it clear the player being griefed wasn't me, I'm not whining cause I got my base torn apart. But just knowing that people actually have fun doing this kind of poop and don't get punished for it shocks me.

Archived