Is PGA stil being developed or has the idea been abandoned by WC?

4 hours ago, ONEadmin said:

ok, I'll try again next year 

Yeah you can expect it, when ARK Survival Evolved: Evolved..... comes out as a new game for 60 dollars. It's pretty obvious that the devs have left the entire game wayside and are working on a new version to sell to the masses. The updates that get put out (a few shiny things to keep you playing/building a userbase) are simply to sell another lazy attempt of a game.

It's really sad that this company turned out this way. Nothing but PR and making them selves look good, with the utmost minimal effort. But the kids just love it! -_-

12 hours ago, Redkiller said:

Yeah you can expect it, when ARK Survival Evolved: Evolved..... comes out as a new game for 60 dollars.

i rather buy an ark 2 for 60$ than a 140$ battlefield or a 60$ fifa/ac/cod which comes out every year.

Sad isn't it? Did you know that the trees in this game are bought from a company specializing in making your own trees on the fly? Games only been in development for 2.5+ years, and uses lazy bought assets. " www.speedtree.com " Anything look familiar?

"but mum they are using speedtree assets!!1" no one cares. its a alpha. maybe they're just placeholders. there are thousands of thousands games which have trees. why do you need to create the same things over and over again? the same goes for cars and pretty much everything in the industry. only 25% from a regular car is from it's own brand.

But the kids just love it! -_-

and what do you love? playing pong and nonstop complaining? i've just took a look in your post history. you are an obsessed elitehater lol

glHfIu8.png

a game needs to make fun. and ark surely is a success even in the alpha state and with bought assets ;)ZKLibP5.png

besides the point that i've made more money out of the game than its actual price, it was the best 37€ (main game + dlc) investment in terms of games i've ever made. when ark is such an dissappointment for you, why are you still here? leave your suggestions and feedback in the digest's and bug reports in the right section, but please stop your hatespeeches. thanks

5 hours ago, Thouwhoshallnotpost said:

Using speed tree assets that are bought shows a lack of creativity and effort. Nice try though. ;)

I know right, you know what, they even used some one else's game engine too instead of making there own!!!   Nah, you are fool @Thouwhoshallnotpost who uses some one else's alphabet to write trolling posts on the internet, that is a lack of creativity on your part.

There is no point in reinventing the wheel, and speed tree is a good wheel https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpeedTree

Enjoy the read.

17 hours ago, Imadeagodoutofblood said:

xD Why bother with improving anything? We had cars in the early 1900's.... It rolled, it got you where you needed. Why do companies spend time and effort improving them? Why bother, right?

Nice try though with your lame attempt of an argument.

Ouch, that burned dude, A full 10 out of 10 for copying another's old lines.   WC aren't in the business of making game engines.  Speedtree, is a similar tool  in that it enables developers to leverage some one else's expertise to improve their own products.

So let me explain using your lame overused car analogy.  A company that makes cars should keep up with R&D and improve cars.  A company that makes coffee machines should buy a car and not make one.  

Argue on, but please get someone smarter to help ok?

4 hours ago, Getgudsun said:

Why are you so upset that others can be critical of a company that uses their userbase for profit? Grow up and figure out life... beyond your little sheltered life.-_-

What?  Does any of that make sense, your friend isn't being critical of WC, he is trying to troll, and doing poor job of it.  If he wants to rant about unfixed bugs while new iron man suits are added, cool.  But that not what he is doing. He is trying to suggest that using top quality tools is a bad thing. It is a stupid argument.  If they were using some shirty tools then he might have a point.

But he doesn't and neither do you.  What is with the dig at my sheltered life?  Which is great by the way, thanks for noticing, but...  How is my life in any way relevant to the conversation?  Keep up, try and stay on the same page, it's not hard and we are using small words.

it seems to me half the things implemented get abandoned. PG ARK is just one of many such things. Remember "get 2k wins in SOTF and get a bionic (tek) giga skin"? They made that PS4-exclusive now, after saying it was a SOTF reward. What kind of nonsense does that make..?

edit: ok 200, and here's a post complaining about it:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/133258593382954760/

It is another side project that only wasted their time, money and resources in the end. That was a toy you get bored of after 5 minutes. I assume it was added only, because some boss really liked generated worlds from No Man's Sky. I believe this idea failed or may fail soon, because of the same reasons why SOTF failed. Silent mejority did not care and there is serious lack of support from developers.

Wildcard would do itself a favour by stopping working on side projects that are not beneficial to main game whatsoever.

Archived