Need help with fishing mechanics

PartyNakd

Need help with fishing mechanics

Hey I'm on Xbox official pvp servers and I got a master craft rod and want to know what the best way to fish is acctually I would like to know everything there is to know about fishing because I hear it's the best way to find good bps. Every time I go fishing I usually wait to fish till I find a large fish. I know leech blood can catch all fish and sap only coel I always use leech blood. I have caught some fish but they are never the big ones that I found when flying around. Example: last night I found a 2.9x sabertooth salmon(it was the size of a shark haha) so this time I decided to try and cage it because every other time I find a large fish it never bites so I I built six dino gates around it and started fishing about five minutes later a small coel came into the Dino gate through a small hole at the bottom of one of the gates and bit my line I caught it but how come the saber would not bite? Eventually the saber beached its self and died.  

Bigger fish need a better rod. You have higher chances of hooking the monster with a better rod. Prim rods very rarely (pretty much never) give bp.  Leach blood is best. Bare in mind the bigger the fish the harder to land so practice makes perfect at you button response.! Good luck we hooked a 2.9 cole on Scorched today and got 16 mc/bp.... Most usless to us but some goodns! 

If you are playing on the island, there is a little pool on the north west side of the redwoods. Use xbow to kill anything under 1x and catch everything else. I may be missing something, but I hooked a 2.6x salmon about a dozen times and couldnt reel it in. Smashing every button asfast as I could, didnt matter. Even with mid sized fish, you still get really good loot. Also, boxing in fish rarely works, waste of time that usually ends up with a beached fish

Kill off everything else. I stick with 1.9 or higher when deciding to fish. Bigger the fish bigger the reward. There is a total of 24 button presses that it can take with the bigger fish so practice makes perfect! 

Hand eye coordination is a key factor and sometimes with the lag and rubber banding,  it's impossible 

24 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Kill off everything else. I stick with 1.9 or higher when deciding to fish. Bigger the fish bigger the reward. There is a total of 24 button presses that it can take with the bigger fish so practice makes perfect! 

Hand eye coordination is a key factor and sometimes with the lag and rubber banding,  it's impossible 

24 buttons? On pc, from what I've seen its only 9

Archived