breeding double triple Permanent ark breeding new rates

Braddock110

20 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Thanks to the high breeding rates there are a lot more people going to war and killing each other. Which is good. The game was all about turtling because stuff took too much time to risk.

Thanks to high breeding rates, a lot more people are running about on 100% imprints they normally couldn't get due to bad rates. That little wood-tier tribe has their 100% argies, while the #NO SLEEP veteran tribe is farming their bronto army and popping those 190 Lightning eggs left and right. 

PEOPLE CAN HATCH COMPIES and not feel like killing themselves 3 hours in.

Simple non-S-class dinos like Terror Birds, Gallis, Carnos and such are viable fun things you can tame and run about on official with. I'll say it again.

Less time grinding means more time playing.

we started breeding dinos we will never think about breeding them on normal rates

and its fun , we finally enjoyed some game mechanics like mutations ,, :) totally agree with her 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I support increased maturation rates. Though I can see where people are concerned with tame caps and increased server lag as a result of valentines, this is a behavior (as described by another commenter) of everyone as they knew they had to cram their breeding projects into that time frame. If maturation was permanently 1.5x-2x, I think that behavior would ease up since there isn't pressure of having it all done in time. One argument I would l like to make, is that since imprinting/mutations came into play, it REALLY drags out the whole breeding process, and drives the imprinting aspect into the hands of one player. Sure the tribe can help keep it fed, but they cannot imprint for you. The amount of time it takes to breed an army of boss rexes even if you had been given amazingly good statted rex eggs, would take a very long time or a lot of work raising many at a time. Add in the time necessary for breeding for mutations and getting the perfect blend, generally, you are looking at a lot of work to do over a very long time. When 2x became permanent, the game became more accessible for the little guys, since it didn't take hours to build some crappy thatch hut. PvP wise, sure this gives more strength to alpha tribes, but they held so much power when it could easily feel unreasonable for a new player or low level tribe to build up to where they stand a chance. 

I may be biased as I am a solo player. For me, breeding is a total pain in the butt. I work full time and I really have to plan my hatching carefully around my work schedule, which usually ends up in one hatch day a week. That is ultimately a painfully slow progression. Food consumption does seem a bit over the top too, honestly. A baby carnivore shouldn't have to eat an entire family of trikes every hour, lol.

The pvpers will never admit this, but PvE and solo play have become very popular playstyles, so why not give us some love? :D

The whole system needs a redesign - the imprinting system is disruptive and is limited to a limited player base, the baby hand feeding is too long that you sometimes have to plan your whole week around it and the consumption rate outside of stasis if you have people who live in your base makes it so you cant even leave your base for an hour without losing one or two.

The event only made it better to work with an absolutely flawed feature.

Since the breeding event, breeding has become boring again, sooooooooooo slow waiting 1.5 days for my rexes to be ready again, another 5 hours of waiting for it to incubate, then another 3-5 days for the weekend to come along for enough spare time to hatch the few eggs that I managed to incubate.

Breeding is just too boring with the current waiting times.

22 minutes ago, Craigjw said:

Since the breeding event, breeding has become boring again, sooooooooooo slow waiting 1.5 days for my rexes to be ready again, another 5 hours of waiting for it to incubate, then another 3-5 days for the weekend to come along for enough spare time to hatch the few eggs that I managed to incubate.

Breeding is just too boring with the current waiting times.

the valentines event has actually been the catalyst that got my tribe to switch from official to unofficial. Realizing that we actually really enjoy breeding when at a faster rate was the last nudge we needed to switch over. 

With x3 breeding I can actually put together a decent breeding program while still working 40 hours a week. plus tribe imprinting setting allows me to get a decent imprint level AND sleep.

On 2/24/2017 at 5:03 AM, Avaraxius said:

I think they should double (2x or even 3x) the speed on PVE thats what i would like to see, PVE and PVP should be different on this because they are totally different play styles.

This event i had alot of fun with breeding to get that one special color or the increased/stats lvl. Because it is an event people wil try to get the most out of it this was also with the 2x weekends. Apart of the event i did often alot of calculation of the time food was consumed by the dino so it is possible that you can see how long food wil last.  My opinion is that there should be like a max taming time of 7days longer than that it is a pain (for a full time worker at least) or the baby time should be much shorter on all dino's (3x ?).

I think on events you wil always see an boost on everything because there is little time so it is not a very good way to compare actual player behaviour.

i agree 100%

Archived