breeding double triple Permanent ark breeding new rates

Braddock110

29 minutes ago, Braddock110 said:

Than play pve people complain about pvp too much mega tribes this and mega tribes that everyone given the same opportunity to raise and breed so mega tribes should realistically be the same challenge as they were 

Lol what i'm not complaining about anything. I'm in a pretty big pvp Alpha tribe with mega bases on multiple servers, our sister tribe is Alpha of another server and our extended alliance owns like around 10 servers. Boosted breeding makes it way too easy for these kinds of tribes to pump out massive armies to wipe other tribes. It extends the gap between small and big tribes as small tribes don't have as many animals to breed from, as many high stat animals to breed from, as much stuff to trade for high level animals/ eggs, or able to harvest anywhere near as much food for babies as our bred 350+ melee Giga's, 700+ melee Quetzals, 800+ melee Mammoth on a 5k+ weight Quetz.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they should double (2x or even 3x) the speed on PVE thats what i would like to see, PVE and PVP should be different on this because they are totally different play styles.

This event i had alot of fun with breeding to get that one special color or the increased/stats lvl. Because it is an event people wil try to get the most out of it this was also with the 2x weekends. Apart of the event i did often alot of calculation of the time food was consumed by the dino so it is possible that you can see how long food wil last.  My opinion is that there should be like a max taming time of 7days longer than that it is a pain (for a full time worker at least) or the baby time should be much shorter on all dino's (3x ?).

I think on events you wil always see an boost on everything because there is little time so it is not a very good way to compare actual player behaviour.

5 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

they are adding the 400 counter so this wil be 'resolved'...(maybe), its not the breeding, it is the claiming and taming every low dino's (egg farm) they find mostly that causes this.

But the 4000 server cap stays, doesn't it?... So it's not gonna change things for better for long.

4 minutes ago, Musketeer said:

They can.. We now have a few tribes from other servers that transfer their dinos to ours and they use it as storage.

that is something that is going to happen or they have to do it account bound not server, bit of a design flaw if you ask me but lets keep it at the breedding lol otherwise we are going to have another cap topic :) 

Thanks to the high breeding rates there are a lot more people going to war and killing each other. Which is good. The game was all about turtling because stuff took too much time to risk.

Thanks to high breeding rates, a lot more people are running about on 100% imprints they normally couldn't get due to bad rates. That little wood-tier tribe has their 100% argies, while the #NO SLEEP veteran tribe is farming their bronto army and popping those 190 Lightning eggs left and right. 

PEOPLE CAN HATCH COMPIES and not feel like killing themselves 3 hours in.

Simple non-S-class dinos like Terror Birds, Gallis, Carnos and such are viable fun things you can tame and run about on official with. I'll say it again.

Less time grinding means more time playing.

4 hours ago, Braddock110 said:

What's the difference now than small tribes can't even breed but big tribes are still breeding at least with boosted rates smaller tribes have a chance to get the good dino there looking for.

The same point stands. If you change the rates to help the smaller tribes, the bigger alpha tribes are going to take advantage of it also. Whatever is put in place you just see it amplified for alpha tribes. If a smaller tribe is suddenly able to get a 100% imprint then the alpha tribe will now be getting 4 x 100% imprints instead of 2 x 100% imprints. I'm not saying they don't need to change the breeding multiplier, I'm just saying that people are looking at it from the wrong point of view. People above have already stated that their alpha tribes bred hundreds and hundreds of dinos over the V-Day week, compared to the 5-10 that you did in a smaller tribe?

The x2-x3 rate increase is only to PVE SERVERS since our challanges are other monsters not actual people.

So in my opinion people from PVP shouldnt say- No", we dont want this for everyone", it has to be "-NO we don't want this for PVP servers . "

Remember we have 2 different types of communities so have that in mind before voicing your opinion about the rate boosting on breeding topics, and if you want to voice your opinion, PVE is PVE and PVP is PVP , Two different and whole different worlds.

If you aren't playing PVE then dont say something you probably wouldn't understand çause you don't play in one.

PVE people such as myself, want to see a more active community in terms of boss challanges , more people with good dinos, more arena and cave fun = players actually playing the ArK.

This is what PVE revovles around, Boss Battles. And what we ask is for the work to get those things set to not be so dang stressful as it is,  alot of people I know that actually started breeding in the event and said , breeding is actually fun :D now they went back to , "This is so tedious and tiring I rather just use tamed ones instead again.

The difference is way too big, a dinos houlnt take more than 7 days to raise, dinos shouldnt take 2 minutes to mate -.-,  DINOS shouldn't take 2 days to be able to mate again cause the failure rate of passing both colors and stats its so random it tends to be only based on luck, so good luck with that :Jerbmad:(irony)

And food consumption rate needs only imo to be boosted x2 so we can actually play and not just play the whole afk race until everything that eats alot is adult cause you'll be only stressing yourself while playing because it would make you do meat runs atleast 4 - 5 times a day.

I want to play ark while raising babies but really it's just a virtual baby, I believe people have enough with their real babies to have one that doesn't exist to act like a real one.

And let me add , there's no guarantee that your 100% imprint awesome dino will last forever, this is ark EVERYTHING dies in the most unexpected way, if not from fall damage, or falling through the world, It's a glitch that not even a gm will be able to help you  and It's not even your fault that it ended up there. 

The only dinso that don't die are the ones that you keep as decoration, anything you use outside your  big tall walls have a chance to die in the silliest way ever , making you stare at yur screen dumnfounded for the next 5-10 minutes or so. 

All that stress and work done in 4-15 days gone in only 5 seconds. Don't get me wrong, I know the game it's alpha early access and all that, but things like this will always happen, no matter what lol cause if it isn't ark what screws you //.....\\ it's your own pc or net:Jerbcry:

1 minute ago, Ashelia said:

The x2-x3 rate increase is only to PVE SERVERS since our challanges are other monsters not actual people.

If anything, I think it's an argument for increased rates on PVP servers, not PVE

PVP, players can police dino counts on their own, and do have something else to worry about from other players

PVE, there's no real worry of someone coming and interrupting the breeding/raising, so it should be more difficult than PVP

In PVE actually there is an interrupt on breeding an raising, some people lure gigas titanos wyverns rock golems to their bases and baibai babuhs. But mostly on those posts I've read it's from PVE people :Jerbhi:, PVP people should clarify only thinking on PVP servers, cause PVE IS anotehr whole story indeed , you guys have your wars with other people , in pve our wars and challanges are the bosses and caves and those uhm how to call , pranksters luring stuff to your base cause they don't ike you, and I've heard alot of people had this happening so we aren't 100% safe from anything y'know:)

2 minutes ago, Ashelia said:

In PVE actually there is an interrupt on breeding an raising, some people lure gigas titanos wyverns rock golems to their bases and baibai babuhs. But mostly on those posts I've read it's from PVE people :Jerbhi:, PVP people should clarify only thinking on PVP servers, cause PVE IS anotehr whole story indeed , you guys have your wars with other people , in pve our wars and challanges are the bosses and caves and those uhm how to call , pranksters luring stuff to your base cause they don't ike you, and I've heard alot of people had this happening so we aren't 100% safe from anything y'know:)

bosses, caves, and pranksters are all part of PVP as well

100% safe? no...but build right, and you have very little to worry about

again, because PVP has so much more to worry about, they're better candidates for increased rates than PVE

and I'm not PVP, I"m PVE

I play PvE. I am in a 2 person tribe. I hatched a giga during the V-day event. I got lots of more giga eggs from it as well....that I will not hatch till next V-day ...next year....

So ya I think 2x would be a must. I am the only breeder in my 2 person tribe....so solo breeder. So I hatched 2 gigas before teh vday event....will never do that again. And that is just because of the initial 28 hour baby phase......ridiculous.

And as a previous poster stated this is my opinion for PvE NOT PvP.

I agree, breeding needs to be increased to 2x rates. Right now on x1 it's so tedious, especially more so for a giga. PvP could still stay as x1 while PvE gets the new rate. PvE shouldn't be held back just because the increased rates may cause some additional imbalance on PvP.

The actual server limit I was told is 5500, it was increased from 4000 some time ago. However, the tribe based limit is too easy to workaround so additional measures or changes must be made to make a more effective limit that's not so easy to just workaround like the tribe one will be.

I dont know what magical servers some of you guys play on, but on Official PVE 441 we have been at dino cap for ages now. the vday event simply had people dropping 50 or so eggs at a time; killing off just enough dinos to let new ones hatch and put us back at 4k cap.

It is naive as hell to think adding perm sped up rates wouldnt put official servers at cap 24/7 and have people doing the exact same thing: breeding 40 so killing off just enough dinos bit by bit to let new ones hatch in. No, very bad idea. Enjoy it as a once off event. Dont ruin the game and servers by spoiling it because some people are antsy about raising things the way others have done for the past year or so now.

In my opinion they should permanently increase breeding to 2x, and maybe have an event once in a while for 3x.  It was really nice to be able to mass breed looking for mutations and stat match-ups we were looking for and it not take so long.  3x breeding seemed a little too easy, while 1x breeding seems too time demanding; nice middle ground of 2x.

Faster breeding would require a rework of the imprint system, as it is now, some dinos won't make it to 100% even if you are on time for every imprint due to them getting 4 hour ones instead of 3. With faster breeding it also multiplies the delay on the imprints. If you were an hour late on an imprint during the event, you were proportionally 3 hours late during normal time. That being said, with 2 people active in my tribe, we have had no problems breeding 40+ gigas with 100% imprint during normal breeding rates, so I think they should stay as they are, possibly speed up incubation time.

I've heard the ark devs are planning to implement dino aging and dying in the future. IF they added that feature, I think they'd need to increase breeding rates. I dont think I'd be willing to put 12 days aside to 100% gigas if I knew that in a few months they'd grow old and die. Either that or they need to make imprinting easier I suppose.

I'm PvP for the record

Breeding is a game mechanic that should be available to everyone. Not only to people that can log on every few hours for multiple days in a row. it should also not be made more "difficult" by having you play constantly for 8 to 12 days. they need something different to make breeding more difficult for the higher tier dinos because playing every 4 hours for 13 days isn't healthy and is impossible for working players and players with a family. if you want to make it time oriented, let me choose when I spend the time, don't make me do it continuously. if it wasn't continuous then I would have any issues with very high times.

in my opinion the best option would be to double growth rates and 1/2 food consumption after baby stage but keep everything else the same. This makes baby stage still have possibility of death and will keep the amount of breeding lower cause the cool downs are still long. once out of baby stage you will be allowed to go do other things with the 1/2 food consumption starting with juvenile stage, this way it's no longer meat run the video game for real life days in a row.

like I said breeding should be a game mechanic everyone can do. you should not limit it because other mechanics are broken. the solution to alpha dominance is not make breeding longer, it's make offline base defense stronger. The solution to server tame cap isn't make breeding longer (or only 400 tribe cap), it's stronger servers and have an individual AND tribe limit on tames. make people decide one type to breed and egg farm and promote inter tribe trading.

TL:DR Don't punish breeding and people who want to breed with low rates cause other mechanics are broken. Make growth rates double and consumption rate of juvenile and adolescent half. High tier dino breeding should be hard, not just a continuous time grind that will literally ruin your life.

Archived