breeding double triple Permanent ark breeding new rates

Braddock110

Permanent ark breeding new rates

Thought there was a chart or graph but I guess not. I feel after the event the breeding needs to be change to at least 2x like taming 3x to me feels to op too easy but 2x smaller tribes can push to get these done with good imprints. Would like everyone opinion rather keep it the way it is change it to 3x or 2x and why. Also like this so there force to see how many people are waiting and wanting this to happen.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breeding is way too op. This would be very bad for small Tribes/Players and make it eaven easier for huge Tribes.

Just one small detail to illustrate this: If you have high level Bronto with a lot of food you could let them hatch claim the baby and leave, the food buffer alone without feeding them ONCE will take them to juvenile. I know people that breed 200+ Bronto during the Event ... This is beyond broken and the lag will be absurd for all of us because of this dino-explosion.

Increase breedinn rates permanently, I support it.

Bring back flies it dies and make auto turrets do 3-4x dmg to dinos instead of the current 2.2x.  Helps against alphas while allowing smaller tribes the ability to breed.

I think the even better solution to alphas is to implement more, better and cheaper base defense.  If you want to raid someone it should really be a sacrifice, not just walk a golem up to turrets and shoot a rocket.

3 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

With servers hitting/already hitting dino caps, increased breeding rates would just make this worse and a complete annoying experience every time you log in with caps on tames/hatching.

exactly my thoughts...until there's something done to alleviate server tame limits, increasing breeding/raising rates would be torture

7 minutes ago, Frozenhole said:

If its pve that doesnt really matter much

PvE or not breeding dinos is fun. It's like a scratch off lottery ticket. You never know what's going to pop out. Once the cap hits 400 dinos that's it. Eggs hatch with nothing in them and it forces bigger tribes to quell their stock. 

I'm all for upping the raising times. 2x would be a better addition. Keep food consumption 1x and mating 1x. 

This would slow the rate at which big tribes can hatch dinos. 

6 hours ago, sal said:

Breeding is way too op. This would be very bad for small Tribes/Players and make it eaven easier for huge Tribes.

Just one small detail to illustrate this: If you have high level Bronto with a lot of food you could let them hatch claim the baby and leave, the food buffer alone without feeding them ONCE will take them to juvenile. I know people that breed 200+ Bronto during the Event ... This is beyond broken and the lag will be absurd for all of us because of this dino-explosion.

There are two possible ways this could happen. Abusing, the water food glitch, or abusing stasis. Or I suppose a third option would be if you have a bronto with over 100k food.

My brontos with 52k during the event (which was also 1/3 less consumption, on top of the X3 maturation speed) could survive halfway to juvenile without feeding.

6 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

With servers hitting/already hitting dino caps, increased breeding rates would just make this worse and a complete annoying experience every time you log in with caps on tames/hatching.

Probably, but there is the other possibility that with easier and faster breeding you could keep backup dinos as eggs instead of raised.  And currently because raising stuff takes so much effort you never want to cull anything during breeding programs "just in case". The time to reach the "final stat" dino would be much shorter, and I know for me and my breeding, finishing a breeding program means I cull all the intermediates and just keep the final breeders. If it was much faster and easier then the cost of culling becomes so much less.

So for the Valentines event where there was a short time of fast breeding then absolutely, dinos numbers would have exploded.  But if it was permanent would it change peoples behaviour?

15 hours ago, Braddock110 said:

...but 2x smaller tribes can push to get these done with good imprints.

I think you're missing the point behind alpha tribes vs smaller tribes. Making things easier for smaller tribes doesn't necessarily mean that smaller tribes are now able to compete better. It means that both the alpha tribes & the smaller tribes gain a bonus. If smaller tribes can now imprint to 100% then alpha tribes will be breeding 50 levels higher and imprinting those ones to 100%. If there is to be a change that brings smaller tribes closer to alpha tribes then you need to be a bit more thorough with the solution than this. Whatever you can do in a smaller tribe and alpha can do better, whether it be by sheer numbers or by higher skill that made them an alpha in the first place.

I certainly enjoyed having the boosted rates.  Not sure boosting them permanently would be a great idea though, and if they did, 1.5x-2x, not 3 maybe?  I think I really land on the side of I think it would be great to have events like this a few times a year, but not the full boosted rates and reduced consumption all the time.  Maybe when I start breeding bigger / longer things I'll change my mind.

Um im not sure about all this alpha tribe thing, but dino stats have a cap, and at some point and like now thanks to the trade forums, Anyone can get those stats just gotta bleed some to make them reach adult stage. don't see how Alpha tribes will get even better,and I'm someone that has high end dino stats, lol I'm more than happy to know small "tribes" can also get a touch on this , it means more people to party with.

Also about people breeding, you don't raise every single dino you get, I mean I've commited so much genocide in the valentine event LOL, sure alot of dinos do come out but not all of them comes out right how you want it, like ( SINCE VALENTINE STARTED MY STUPID REX COLOR AND STATS WOULDNT COME TOGETHER NOT EVEN ONCE IN THAT 2 COUPLES , I really felt like going bald), so you don't always get what you want right from the start. 

It's a long long process of constant failures for weeks sometimes and even months, since everything is mostly random , and in my case to get what I want I raise only stuff that gets closer to my goal , after i get a better version I kill off the rest , so I believe most of all the people that breed dinos does the same.

On a side note I want to say why does mating take like 2 minutes ! you just spam a key for 2 minutes ?-? until your finger goes numb and wait for a ridiculous 2 day CD, when you have 1 possibily out of 10 to get the right stats and the color passed down! 

Also I want to add, something that I just noticed after the event ended : The consumption rate, it is a bit high on normal rates

I realized whenever I breed I try to stay logged off from ark as much as I can,so they do not eat all the food in 30 minutes of me playing and I been doing this since breeding mechanic was released, but with 1/3 rate consumtion I could stay playing ark all day without worrying that I would ran out of fridges in less than 2 -3 hours while raising around 6-7 dinos at the time (which of course were either stat/color mules that ended up killed once I got them like I wanted ( I horribly dislike to have alot of dinos so as soon as I'm done passing the stat that dino had  I just kill it right on spot cause OCD won't let me have trash around my base:Jerbhi:

So in short, does WC wants us to play ARK or to play something else while we wait for the babies to grow into adult? 

21 hours ago, sal said:

What's the difference now than small tribes can't even breed but big tribes are still breeding at least with boosted rates smaller tribes have a chance to get the good dino there looking for.

Alpha tribes for pvp you have to also assume people play pve for there own reason. I would have the food consumption the same tbh make it a challenge. Not trying to be handed things but 8 days for quetzal 14 for giga seem to be really long and stupid plus if your trying to get decent imprint it's too much grind for a game.

3 hours ago, Jamage007 said:

I don't want breeding rates to be increased. We pumped out 100's of dinos over the Valentines week. Makes it way too easy to make mega raiding armies.

Than play pve people complain about pvp too much mega tribes this and mega tribes that everyone given the same opportunity to raise and breed so mega tribes should realistically be the same challenge as they were 

Archived