dung beetle Dung Beetle Escape

Jerryn

The game isn't designed very well, you have to remember that buildings and terrain to some degree is kind of existential, if no one is there to see it then it doesn't exist and so animals can pass freely through it, this is why things fall through the floor regularly.

The only reason this isn't even more of a problem is that if no one is around then dinos are often in stasis mode and thus don't move on their own.

• 1 year later...

A buddy of mine uses cages as well but we ran into the rare issue every once in a while when they stop producing fertilizer. So I built this structure with fence foundations, one door and  pillar/ceilings for added protection against fliers. It looks ugly as sin but I haven't had a beetle escape yet.

I used to use foundations and ceilings for flooring but I found out that they somehow clip through them.

20170730063630_1.jpg

On 16-1-2016 at 8:55 PM, Icwhy said:

lol..you are quite the optimist. Heres the fix that should be implemented long ago : make structures load before dinos and items. fixed.

If only it was that simple. I agree with you in general this is the cause of all the glitching bugs. But two things complicate matters:

- 1) thing dynamically load as they get in range. This seems to be a core feature of the unreal engine version they're using. Probably takes a lot of under the hood tinkering to change.

2) Things and dinos have different sizes. You might need to load something further away than other stuff because it is a lot bigger.

Unity keeps hitboxes loaded but has other limitations. I think wildcard needs a much newer version of unreal or a lot of changes to their current engine to fix this. They seem to have just accepted that they can't fix it. 

Archived