cheating FIX THE CHEATING or CLOSE TRANSFERS

Trikky

FIX THE CHEATING or CLOSE TRANSFERS

The aimbotting is getting completely out of hand.
In the last month we have had at least 3 raider tribes port into our server who had one or more people aimbotting.
Cheating is getting out of hand and server transfers are spreading this cancer to every Ark server.
So, either fix the cheating or close transfers until it is fixed.
As an example, last week i was shot off of my 300 speed ptera flying through the woods.
Another guy unloaded a full clip from an assault rifle directly into me while I was at a run (150 speed).
Youtube has many videos that show people aimbotting and hitting impossible shots (shooting people at full run, off of their pteras or dragons in flight from large distances).
Transfers wont kill this game, but cheaters transferring into and reking servers will.
Look at what happened to DayZ with all the hacks. Ark will soon be the same way if the devs don't open their eyes and address this cancer.

4 hours ago, Trikky said:

Transfers wont kill this game, but cheaters transferring into and reking servers will

^ This.

However since when has shooting someone off a 300% speed Pteranadon been hard, Game Is hit scan and with some shadow steak it's much easier regardless of distance. For all you know he may have taken 1 or 2 shots, or 1 well placed. You should submit a ticket with Evidence or find a thread already on this topic and post to that. More posts on a thread the better it'll get noticed, better off us as a community voices our shared opinions as one.

LMAO,
plenty of evidence is available and MANY players have been banned for aimbotting.
Doesnt solve the issue when characters / steam ID's can be rerolled and the same players are back playing Ark a day later.
And as far as submitting evidence and getting support, it takes Ark staff weeks to get to player tickets as it is and aimbotting evidence, as Jostabeere suggested, is subjective. What some see as obvious aimbotting others might think as a lucky shot (on a 300 speed ptera flying through trees or a guy 1000 yards away running, jumping, firing and hitting you in the chest while you are lying down beside plant turrets). Yup, shadow steak does wonders for running and sniping <- sarcasm.

@Jostabeere, "Crying here about cheaters won't solve anything. "
Completely disagree ! Making the issue more public will force WC to address it, simply reporting it quietly helps them sweep it under the rug.

12 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Go to the support and do something useful if you want to get rid of cheaters. https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

Report them, and if they cheat and didn't just outplayed you because they were better, they will get banned.

Crying here about cheaters won't solve anything.

cool story mate,2 weeks ago a tribe invaded one of our farm servers, they came with multiple aimbotters, we have tons of evidence we probably wrote over 100 tickets including every person, they glitched under the map (and the raft is still there) hell we even had a dev watch it life in stream and theyre still not banned, no, theyre so bad that in a place where their bots arent usefull they are getting ,1v9d (just did that today, talking about the entrance of a cave here)

so yeah weve been trying to raid their small fob off but everytime we go near their base for 2 weeks now we instantly get shot off our lvl 400 pteras, in case we go there with quetzals they mount theirs and start aimbotting it down with a gattling gun

6 hours ago, Trikky said:

LMAO,
plenty of evidence is available and MANY players have been banned for aimbotting.
Doesnt solve the issue when characters / steam ID's can be rerolled and the same players are back playing Ark a day later.
And as far as submitting evidence and getting support, it takes Ark staff weeks to get to player tickets as it is and aimbotting evidence,

Yup, shadow steak does wonders for running and sniping <- sarcasm.

Not sending it in isn't being part of the solution either if you've got some guy sprint toggle sniping on record may as well have them take a look at it, As far as I can tell from the whole Transfer Wars between those 2 alliances that is all over Reddit every day. The Dev's have been actively banning and re banning cheaters and repeat offenders, one guy was banned 5 times in the same raid. I'm not going to pretend I know what they should do to "Fix" cheating cause I've got no clue If you do feel free to add it into the OP you'll gain more ground and support that way, I see closing transfers as a last resort though it essentially terminates PVP & Trading.

6 hours ago, GEonWAR said:

How cheating relate to ARK TRANSFER?

cheating and hacking was in ARK before Transfer and still after transfer.

Before transfers cheaters were mainly confined to their own servers, now they are getting their kicks transferring between arks and reking other peoples games. That's how.
Even if WC restricted transfers to just dinos (no gear) it would go a long way to solve the issue until they can get a handle on things and balance PvP.

Another thing they can do to keep cheaters from rerolling is MAC bans instead of steam bans.

6 hours ago, Syphery said:

cool story mate,2 weeks ago a tribe invaded one of our farm servers, they came with multiple aimbotters, we have tons of evidence we probably wrote over 100 tickets including every person, they glitched under the map (and the raft is still there) hell we even had a dev watch it life in stream and theyre still not banned, no, theyre so bad that in a place where their bots arent usefull they are getting ,1v9d (just did that today, talking about the entrance of a cave here)

so yeah weve been trying to raid their small fob off but everytime we go near their base for 2 weeks now we instantly get shot off our lvl 400 pteras, in case we go there with quetzals they mount theirs and start aimbotting it down with a gattling gun

Well. I am sorry to hear that you're a victim of a cheater tribe. But can I ask you something? How is making a thread in the General section, where people who are intended to ban cheaters, never go better than trying to take actual measurements that will have results over time?

It is like people make cheater rants for the sake of making cheater rants. Don't get me wrong. They should be banned ASAP, but this right here won't do anything.

11 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Well. I am sorry to hear that you're a victim of a cheater tribe. But can I ask you something? How is making a thread in the General section, where people who are intended to ban cheaters, never go better than trying to take actual measurements that will have results over time?

It is like people make cheater rants for the sake of making cheater rants. Don't get me wrong. They should be banned ASAP, but this right here won't do anything.

the problem with writing a ticket is simply its either 1 week to late to be  an actuall help or they dont do anything at all, in my case the ticket  was *solved* and the structures under the map and the players too, are still there, when they should recieve a ban or atleast be wiped off the server. simpy banning the player whos aimbotting isnt gonna do it, as they can just invite another aimbotter whos take real money from these guys for *aimbotting* their enemys down and dont care if they get banned alone and that is mainly the issue.

if you are gonna ban aimbotters, ban the whole attacking tribe atleast from the server if u can make sure there is a connection. but hey, in my case *a dev*(not gonna tell names here) even had proof on a lifestream and he still didnt even ban the aimbotters,

28 minutes ago, Syphery said:

the problem with writing a ticket is simply its either 1 week to late to be  an actuall help or they dont do anything at all, in my case the ticket  was *solved* and the structures under the map and the players too, are still there, when they should recieve a ban or atleast be wiped off the server. simpy banning the player whos aimbotting isnt gonna do it, as they can just invite another aimbotter whos take real money from these guys for *aimbotting* their enemys down and dont care if they get banned alone and that is mainly the issue.

if you are gonna ban aimbotters, ban the whole attacking tribe atleast from the server if u can make sure there is a connection. but hey, in my case *a dev*(not gonna tell names here) even had proof on a lifestream and he still didnt even ban the aimbotters,

That's the same issues to my ticket's. The answer to bug and third party programm users is that dev's are informing the Game Team. But nothing happened. Stuff is still on Map and things are still destroyed.

I want to say some things to your solving suggestions.

At first you won't be able to ban an full tribe caused of some members arent playing fair. The better way in my suggestion would be to check their members and even if they have some more reports of players using third party programms. Keeping them on a list and probably "spectating" them when they move to attack another server. 

10 hours ago, Syphery said:

That's not how it works. Even if you want it, and the players have a connection between them, it's not sure that they have this player with the intention for him to cheat for them. You cannot outright ban people who "might be connected" to a cheater.

4 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

That's not how it works. Even if you want it, and the players have a connection between them, it's not sure that they have this player with the intention for him to cheat for them. You cannot outright ban people who "might be connected" to a cheater.

I link you this.

Please don't give bad info. The devs can, and will get involved. And destroy everything. But it appears they have to have friends involved on the losing side.

This was linked here a while back. This was not just a single global ban, this was a ban on an entire tribe across multiple servers for cheating and aimbotting.

The cheating tribe is proud of what they do, and make it a point to never stop, and claim that no one can stop them.

Unfortunately, from traffic seen here on this site, the cheating tribe just created new accounts and went back to it the next day.

So yeah, even the devs cannot stop a determined cheater.

So, submit your tickets, hope for the best, answer every spam automated robot email threatening to close your ticket, wait the two weeks, and maybe someone will show up to take a look at your problem. And even then, it probably will not be fixed. If it is, well, ask Armadatiny just how effective the devs personal global ban on an entire tribe on multiple servers worked. It gave them less than 24 hours of peace. And OP is right. Server transfer just allowed the cheaters to rapidly move between the server of their choice. It's a great idea, and fun, if the devs were not so ineffective at eliminating the cheaters. God himself walked among ants, and still cannot stop the cheating. Anyone who has been here for any length of time knows of the rivalry between these tribes. And it was just proven that the cheating cannot be stopped.

So. Continue to do whatever makes you happy to bring attention to the cheating. Just know that for someone determined to cheat, nothing works.

1 hour ago, Layton said:

I link you this.

Please don't give bad info. The devs can, and will get involved. And destroy everything. But it appears they have to have friends involved on the losing side.

This was linked here a while back. This was not just a single global ban, this was a ban on an entire tribe across multiple servers for cheating and aimbotting.

The cheating tribe is proud of what they do, and make it a point to never stop, and claim that no one can stop them.

Unfortunately, from traffic seen here on this site, the cheating tribe just created new accounts and went back to it the next day.

So yeah, even the devs cannot stop a determined cheater.

So, submit your tickets, hope for the best, answer every spam automated robot email threatening to close your ticket, wait the two weeks, and maybe someone will show up to take a look at your problem. And even then, it probably will not be fixed. If it is, well, ask Armadatiny just how effective the devs personal global ban on an entire tribe on multiple servers worked. It gave them less than 24 hours of peace. And OP is right. Server transfer just allowed the cheaters to rapidly move between the server of their choice. It's a great idea, and fun, if the devs were not so ineffective at eliminating the cheaters. God himself walked among ants, and still cannot stop the cheating. Anyone who has been here for any length of time knows of the rivalry between these tribes. And it was just proven that the cheating cannot be stopped.

So. Continue to do whatever makes you happy to bring attention to the cheating. Just know that for someone determined to cheat, nothing works.

Holy cow that is just pathetic lol.  Devs really have ZERO handle on these issues.  And the Chinese ... WOW.  Theres just something creepy about that culture man lol.

Deny the video evidence all you want. It's quite clear what was done. I merely point out that if this was done to the most extreme case, and it was an utter failure to remove the cheaters, what do the chances of anyone else look like of getting a satisfactory response? This is it people. This was the best, total response of the developers and GMs.

And they were only capable of slowing this group down by 24 hours.

I merely say, do not get false hope of getting anything accomplished with "Opening a Ticket".

Because, yeah, as proved, they are incapable of stopping a determined cheater. No matter how much proof is given. So gather your proof, submit your ticket, rant on here, do whatever makes you happy.

But whatever you do, do not have false hope for a satisfactory response. And please, do not nurture false hope in a system that does not work. That just gives people a ray of light that later gets crushed when the ticket submitter never gets any sort of response besides an automated robot that scans text and responds back with cookie cutter responses.

I prefer to have people know the truth of the matter. And the truth is, They cannot stop the cheaters. They can only temporarily slow them down. And the proof is right there.

Anyone who has been here for a while knows exactly what I am talking about with the rivalry between these two tribes. For the new guys, this goes back to around 2015. And it involves something many would consider trivial. But one of these tribes decided it was not trivial, and they were going to get revenge forever by any means.

That's right. The tribe that cheated? Been doing it for a while. And openly admitting to it. The video date? Yeah. Response time. Woohoo.

Don't get your hopes up people. That is what I say to you.

Does anyone have thoughts on whether the majority of cheating is an EA or permanent issue? While there might always be cheaters at some level, with something like widespread use of aimbotting it's hard to even claim that your game is fair and competitive. Of course, a better staffed and far more responsive team of admins would go a long way, but I also hope there are things they can clean up in the game itself that cheating more difficult.

I'm not saying it's a fair approach to players (or even a good testing idea), but maybe transfers are a way to shine a light on the scope of cheating. With the fact that cheaters can rampage several servers in a day you'd think complaints would go up dramatically, so it's essentially data mining.

100% agreed. The devs need to be taking a much more proactive stance on cheating with server transfers enabled. The only problem is that cracking down on these types of cheating will only increase other unfair/cheating/outright illegal tactics being used and we are already seeing that. There are several threads on both reddit and here addressing this exact problem.

Archived