Raising Base Stats to Max

ImThatAshhole

Raising Base Stats to Max

So I was wondering, how do people end up with animals and stuff with like the maximum base health and that? Like rexs born with about 12k health, I get that babies can get the highest base stats of the parents. So doesn't that mean that at one point in time you would have to tame a wild rex that came out with perfect health? Cause honestly that sounds pretty impossible. Or is there something I am missing here?

Absolute perfect health on a rex would be a lot higher than 12k. For a wild 150, it would be 30,800. Extremely unlikely to see it though. The same number coming up in a random generator 149 times in a row is almost impossible.

12k is perfectly doable though, even pre-tame (though less likely pre-tame) It's 55 points, or 55 levels.

The highest pretame stat I have personally seen, was 56 points into Oxygen. Was going to tame it, because breeders love high stats even in things that don't increase their effectiveness in combat.... But a giga came up and ate it.... Also me.... And the low level ptera I used as bait... And the guy that stood back and watched the whole thing.

The point is, high stats are possible, and you should hunt for them. Just watch for gigas, they eat a lot.

Just now, ImThatAshhole said:

how do you know the max stats for 150 tames?

I use a stat calculator. You could also use the information on the Wiki and do a little math.

This other calculator says that max rex health would be 33880. So my initial post was a little off... but it doesn't matter too much, because again, extremely unlikely that you'd ever see that.

6 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Your idea about max stats is wrong. I advise you to check the breeding wiki page. It explains the stats of offsprings.

" The spawn of two dinosaurs will inherit the "natural" stat levels of its parents. Natural stat levels are the levels in each stat after it has been tamed but before it gains any stats through leveling-up by a player. "

" To maximize the stats of the offspring, specialized parents with a good value in few stats are needed. The more specialized a creature is in one stat, the higher it can be. To get a really good breed you need 6 creatures, each with a high upleveled (only the wild-leveling counts here) different stat."

So, the only way to get good levels is by getting them from wild creatures. Which means you would have to find animals with crazy stats in the wild to get 'super' babies. Like if I wanted a rex with 15k health base, I would have to eventually tame a wild rex that tamed out with 15k. Thats what I am saying, which is why I was asking how people gets these good rexs because it seems nearly impossible to actually find these things occuring in the wild.

4 minutes ago, ImThatAshhole said:

" The spawn of two dinosaurs will inherit the "natural" stat levels of its parents. Natural stat levels are the levels in each stat after it has been tamed but before it gains any stats through leveling-up by a player. "

" To maximize the stats of the offspring, specialized parents with a good value in few stats are needed. The more specialized a creature is in one stat, the higher it can be. To get a really good breed you need 6 creatures, each with a high upleveled (only the wild-leveling counts here) different stat."

So, the only way to get good levels is by getting them from wild creatures. Which means you would have to find animals with crazy stats in the wild to get 'super' babies. Like if I wanted a rex with 15k health base, I would have to eventually tame a wild rex that tamed out with 15k. Thats what I am saying, which is why I was asking how people gets these good rexs because it seems nearly impossible to actually find these things occuring in the wild.

That's right. The thing is, Rexes with for example 12-15K health aren't even close to max stats.

I tamed a lot of Rexes. I never had a Rex with an important stat over 40 points though. Sad life.

Just now, Jostabeere said:

That's right. The thing is, Rexes with for example 12-15K health aren't even close to max stats.

I tamed a lot of Rexes. I never had a Rex with an important stat over 40 points though. Sad life.

I've red that there can only be so many points put into each thing, like not all the points it obtains can go into health, even if you are a lucky S.O.B. I don't actually know what the max is, but I have had someone tell me that they had the highest melee (on a giga I think) possible because they had the max amount of points go into it plus a mutation on melee, making it the highest. But i'm not really sure what the max points that can go into it is for everything. That would be pretty useful to know. 

No, you don't have to find a wild dino with the highest stat in order to retain that stat. There is a way to increase bred stats, and I don't mean mutations. Nor do I mean imprinting, which can't be bred.

If you have two parents with enough points in each stat, you can roll a bonus on that stat. It doesn't have to be super high, I've gotten bonuses in stats where the parents only had 30 some points in the stat. There's a low chance of getting the bonus, and a fair chance of getting a bonus on the lower stat from the parents, but that's how people increase breedable stats without mutations.

4 hours ago, ImThatAshhole said:

I've red that there can only be so many points put into each thing, like not all the points it obtains can go into health, even if you are a lucky S.O.B. I don't actually know what the max is, but I have had someone tell me that they had the highest melee (on a giga I think) possible because they had the max amount of points go into it plus a mutation on melee, making it the highest. But i'm not really sure what the max points that can go into it is for everything. That would be pretty useful to know. 

Realistically, nobody is ever going to have an absolute maxed stat on anything. When you tame something, it has a certain chance to gain a point in either of the 7 categories (including wasted points). Let's start off with a base level 1 Dino, for example. Let's say this Dino has 500 base health. For every level that it gains after taming, it has a chance to gain a point in any of the 7 stats, I believe 14% for each. We'll say that this level one tames out at level 2. This means that it has gained one point to be allocated to any of it its stats. This one happened to come out with a health point, how convenient. This health point has increased the health after taming to 600 health, which will be the new base stat for breeding. 

Building off of that model, let's take a perfect 150 tamed Rex, like how people were talking about earlier. A kibble tames perfect Rex till come out at 223. This means that it will have 222 points (223-1 base level) to spend amongst its stats, but only 72 new points after it's tamed (222-150 wild). There is a one in however many billion chance that this rex will tame out and all of its points will go into health. In that case, using the dododex app, this Rex will tame out and have a base health of 50,000. Of course, this is only possible if all of the original 150 points when it was wild were also into its health. If all 222 points went into melee, the Rex would have 1210% melee damage. 

Hopefully that was at least a little bit helpful for your understanding of Dino stats and taming. I could definitely try to answer any questions if you have them. 

you guys are talking about theoretical max stats. in theory, you wont be able to tame a rex with 222 points in melee (or any other stat except hp) as that would mean it'd have only base health. so, any tranq method will most likely kill it. 

basically 40 points is good. 45 and you can grin. 50 and you're noticed. 55 and you're crusaded to "sir". 60 points and you're neo.

Archived