ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there any plans to include a dinosaur that can help survivors hatch and raise young dinos a bit easier like a Maiasaura? the process is exceptionally lengthy on official servers and even on solo play without certain tweaks and or mods. i also saw a wonderful suggestion to add a hibernation feature you can enable that pauses a young creatures maturation and imprint timers and slows there food consumption to near zero until woken from there slumber it would be an excellent feature to add so the breeders out there can get some shut eye.

On 4/10/2017 at 5:12 PM, Nartillius said:

Rideable Purlovia

Tek Helmet has clear underwater vision, and a mode that acts as a scope showing dino levels

Be able to move and organize folders in inventories (and have them stay there)

Mindwipe tonic on dinos to reorder stat points

Individual player alliances not just tribe to tribe

i think you confused suggestion with questions.

So, I'm only gonna provide suggestions of a few new creatures I'd like to see in the game. Post size is freaking small. Seriously though, I have five Powerpoint presentations with far more suggestions than this. If the developers would like to see them, please let me know how I can send them to you.

Ark New Creature Suggestions.pptx

Are there any plans on invertebrate breeding like Pulmonoscorpius, Araneos, Arthropleura, Mantis, etc.? And btw will we see a typ of food that works like kibble/mutton for the creatures that eat spoiled meat? I really don't like it that my Scorpions always lose ~5 levels, because of the efficiency drop...

22 hours ago, Nch1418 said:

So, I'm only gonna provide suggestions of a few new creatures I'd like to see in the game. Post size is freaking small. Seriously though, I have five Powerpoint presentations with far more suggestions than this. If the developers would like to see them, please let me know how I can send them to you.

Ark New Creature Suggestions.pptx

Besides the Maiasaurus all the others don't have a niche that has to be filled. I really wanna see the Carcharodontosaurus ingame, because it's one of my favorite Theropods, but a defending from a Giga? This is a bit too much. Gigas won't have their status as Alpha-Predators and being rendered worthless. Maybe it could be like the Megalosaurus of daytime.

As for additional creatures: I'm in for the Hatzegopteryx as a transport-only flyer that can't hurt anything besides smaller fish like Coel or Megapiranha when tamed. Wild it attacks back! It is fast (Quetz with ~230-250% speed), has good stamina but consumes a lot of food. Maybe it could have only half the health of a Quetz and NO platform saddle!

1 hour ago, DomiDarko said:

Are there any plans on invertebrate breeding like Pulmonoscorpius, Araneos, Arthropleura, Mantis, etc.? And btw will we see a typ of food that works like kibble/mutton for the creatures that eat spoiled meat? I really don't like it that my Scorpions always lose ~5 levels, because of the efficiency drop...

Besides the Maiasaurus all the others don't have a niche that has to be filled. I really wanna see the Carcharodontosaurus ingame, because it's one of my favorite Theropods, but a defending from a Giga? This is a bit too much. Gigas won't have their status as Alpha-Predators and being rendered worthless. Maybe it could be like the Megalosaurus of daytime.

As for additional creatures: I'm in for the Hatzegopteryx as a transport-only flyer that can't hurt anything besides smaller fish like Coel or Megapiranha when tamed. Wild it attacks back! It is fast (Quetz with ~230-250% speed), has good stamina but consumes a lot of food. Maybe it could have only half the health of a Quetz and NO platform saddle!

Yes, I realize with some of them they fulfill roles already taken up by other creatures. Like I said, I have at least five Powerpoint presentations full of dossiers for possible creatures. If you'd like to see them, let me know how I could send them to you, DomiDarko. Also, I can see your point of the Carcharo being a Giga defender as a bit much. It was just an idea of mine. That's why I wanted to post my Powerpoints, to see what people (players and devs alike) would think of them. Thanks for the feedback. I also like your idea for a Hatzegopteryx. I made a dossier for it myself if you'd like to see it.

Gipsy Danger, the reason they are still making this game is because it would be a huge waste of time and money to just abandon it now. Also, I think your accusation that they just completely screwed the game up with the flyer nerf is inaccurate and unfair. The flyers were trivializing other creatures to an extent. Also, some of the things they changed did need serious addressing. I agree that some of the nerfs they did in the patch were perhaps too harsh such as those dealing with stamina regeneration, but that's why they are readjusting some of those downgrades as we speak. I understand that a lot of people have been upset by this nerf generally (myself included a little bit), but at the end of the day, it probably wasn't the easiest call for the developers to make. But, a decision had to be made. And before anyone says anything, I am not taking one side or another. I'm simply pointing out there are valid arguments on both sides. The point is, this game is going to be finished and rounded off likely in the next few months, so hopefully the biggest concerns and issues will be fully addressed by that time. I understand the frustrations of many in regards to this, but instead of complaining about it, let's speak our minds about it in a constructive way that may get it changed so that everyone is accommodated.

4 hours ago, Shrekasaurus said:

I just saw a video with mating animations, could these be added?;)

Perhaps this could be done. However, keep in mind this is a T-rated game. Mating animations could destabilize that rating and jack it up to M-rated. This might be why they haven't been implemented yet. Just a possibility in order to answer your question.

1 hour ago, Nch1418 said:

Perhaps this could be done. However, keep in mind this is a T-rated game. Mating animations could destabilize that rating and jack it up to M-rated. This might be why they haven't been implemented yet. Just a possibility in order to answer your question.

I could have sworn this game was already M rated.O.o

so about that Refrigerated feeding Trough that many of us are waiting for, is that still a thing to be expected? and if yes, please tell me its not gonna use Element, like so many other constant Element-using things that are just to expensive for many on Officials, 

Can we still expect the Flier Re-balance Mk3?, Ballparkdate maybe? 

Please please please keep up the more detailed patchnotes, 256.3 was a great start, we wanna know it all, the more details we know about changes/fixes in each patch, the better we can report bugs, and help improve the game ;) 

On 2/23/2017 at 6:04 AM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Got a question for the next ARK Digest? Let us know! 

1) Is there any consideration to how the current tribe/alliance system works?

My thoughts on this have been ever since you opened up server transfers(which i love btw the wars... AMAZING). The reason i ask about this is basically because my tribe currently have 12 active members however we have got well over 150 members and i think we may even have more then 200 members, Some tribes i think have even more then that. The reason for this is instead of staying allied you just work together wipe server for another group and all just stay in each others tribes so instead of there being 15 tribes of 12-30 people there are now 1 mega alliance all in each others tribes.

I feel people are just ignoring the current system that was brought in to the game when transfers were not available.

2) Making the servers region locked?

I have noticed your most popular servers on official are these smaller cluster servers i was wondering if you have considered making the cluster servers smaller by region locking them. I am not talking about an IP lock here either if NA/EU/OC people want to play together they can on any OC/NA/EU server however they would need to play only in say NA and make accounts in the NA region to play together.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived