ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/22/2017 at 10:10 PM, vapeur156 said:

Could we have a little more flexibility with the collisions system for building?  As you can see in the picture it really does not take much to ruin your design ideas.

Not by much.jpg

@vapeur156 try S+. They have no clip and you can mess with building on air. If you're playing on official, maybe suggest having them add S+ to the official game

Can you PLEASE turn down the volume on the animal footsteps, especially the REX or Carno.  Animal footsteps have always been over the top too loud, especially large animals like Rex, Carno, etc.  But after the 246 patch they make my ears bleed, and turning down SFX volume or other sliders to compensate pretty much mutes/muffles all the other sounds in the game.  At the very least can you expose a slider that would allow us to adjust footstep volume ourselves?  I love the ambient sounds in this game as they make it that much more immersive...that is until an over the top REX stomp totally bleeds my ears....  And now after this recent audio pass in 256, not only do some animal sounds sound worse, but the REX footsteps are still too LOUD!!!  Can you please look into this?  This is like the third time over several months I've asked/suggested this change.

. A friend and I run an unofficial PVE Ark server (Oregon Ark) and this flier nerf has made the game much less enjoyable for us and our players. Can you please add in a server option to disable the flier nerf, since this flier nerf seems to be aimed at balancing PVP, and has only a negative affect on PVE play. I beg of you.

With the new changes on flyers causing the to need to land alot more often than they used to, are there any plans on allowing flyers to attack while grounded?
As of now a grounded flyer is completely helpless to defend itself, even more so if a Titanomyrma is involved ensuring you won't even get a chance to recover stamina practically dooming your flyer to stay grounded unless you abandon the mounted state and hope your flyer's AI can fight off the danger.

Devs you need to listen to you player base otherwise you will end up ruining your game beyond repair you lost a lot of players because of the flyer nerf. you need to listen to what the majority of your player base, instead of a couple of people complaining about how there base get raided all the time, it's their chose to play on pvp in the first place if they don't want to wake up with their base completely  cleared they should be playing on pve not pvp !

I have a few ideas for how to balance pvp. Firstly, you should increase the amount of creatures that can do damage to stone structures. Things like the ably and does that destroy regular rocks should be abled to destroy rocks in the form of a wall. Maybe allowing some of the other large Dinos such as the Rex or bronto damage stone as well would improve pvp. Second of all, you put out a patch that removed the ability to put c4 on dinos because that was all people were using to destroy turrets, but really what you need to do is put a warning similar to the shield generator so that you can create impossible walls of turrets, that can't even really be destroyed now that this flyer nerf is released, which brings me to my last point. I would recommend allowing certain flyers to attack on the ground, i e the pteranodon and the quetzal, because they attack with their beaks similar to the tapejara and it can attack on the ground. While I do agree that speed and stamina needed to be nerfed, I think that instead of all-out removing the ability to upgrade speed, you should instead put a cap on how many levels you can put into it.

thanks for hopefully reading this giant monstrosity. I love ark and will always play it, but some things needed to be brought to your attention.

On 3/31/2017 at 11:43 AM, GuiterRocker1 said:

Once the dynamic length bridges have been released and tested out are there any plans to make pipe and wire lengths dynamic as well?

Having the ability to connect two seperate grids would be awesome, but it's nearly impossible to do :Jerbcry:

Good idea, but given ''dynamic lenght bridges'' has been in patchnotes for over a year...good luck.

Official servers need some balance when it comes to base building. How can anybody new build a base when someone else comes and pillars large scale areas way beyond there base. 

IDEA some sort of town hall box once placed down gives you a very generous amount of land big enough for even some of the biggest bases that you can build in around the box. Anything built in the parameters given would have normal decay times. Everything outside of the parameters would have a decay timer that doesn't stop 7 days and the item can be removed by anybody. Replacing the item outside of the parameter would be the only way to restart the timer. Tribe members would be given one town hall box to share. Once you reach lv 80 you get a second town hall box.

Functions of the town hall box.

: Check your build limit in the area 

: Check your tames (levels, stats, health, ect).

: Check who is in your tribe

: Assign dinos and resources to tribemates (no more getting screwed by players stealing dinos and items )

: Assign build limit to each tribe mate and tax rate.

: Tax rate for tribe members if option is chosen you may place a tax on your tribemates (tax could be you must bring in X amount of ingots or meat or tames to keep your place in the tribe).

The town hall box could be in the shape of a bell or fire pit or hut or painting on the wall or whatever.

If a form of currency is created in the game we could have more options for tax for keeping the town running giving options for a couple main villages to buy and sell (items/ tames) at. To put money into the town hall to keep it alive. 

• Jen unpinned this topic
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:18 PM, Nights0ng said:

When will Xbox dedicated servers get access to some of the settings PC servers have long had access to? For instance PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops and PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier are two of them that people on the server I play with really would like.

Now to add another setting that is added: AllowFlyingStaminaRecovery

This has probably been asked before, but are there any plans to add more animation and life to the creatures? E.g. More idle animations (grazing, grooming, looking around etc.) and an option for tamed creatures to do the same without having to be mate wandering, as opposed to just standing still like a glorified trophy collection.

In addition, some sort of herding mechanic could make hunting more interesting and have an added challenge; with certain species fleeing as a group, some splitting up and others fighting back etc. Obviously, just for creatures that would be in groups to start with.

Finally, as an extension of my herding point, wild family groups of creatures would be amazing and really increase the level of immersion in the game, knowing that there is a living world around you.

Would love to hear back, been lingering on the forums for a while now, without posting.

• Jatheish pinned this topic
  • Jen unpinned this topic

Archived