ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some questions:

Is The Island or Scorched Earth getting bigger anytime soon? Since there's already a lot of animals out there, and I guess more will come.

Are we getting more caves? I would love to see a huge cave with different entrances, one that we could actually build with fauna and flora but that area should be really dangerous to live in, with agressive predators and harsh conditions.

Bosses are a good end game but are you planning something more for the end game? Specially for PVE gamers would be nice to have more objectives in this game, after all in ARK you can create anything :) .

Are we getting new types of harsh conditions? I don't feel that tropical island atmosphere at The Island, no thunderstorms, no some kind of tornadoes that could damage structures and animals (and us too), snow that could kill us faster if we stay outside and slow us and all animals.

Ow I would love to see an Alien Airship rising from the sky and players would have limited time to kill those Aliens and get loot (Element included) isn't ARK a land created by aliens :P?

Final question - I know that it's a long way to go, I guess, but would be nice to have an upgrade to the animals AI so they can group up and attack bases and not just players raiding each others. An hard game is always a challenging game to play :P .

On 2/22/2017 at 2:34 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Got a question for the next ARK Digest? Let us know! 

Short version;  Could flier pick-ups be put back in PVE games?  See long version for my replacement idea on stopping grirffing.

Long version;  I stopped playing (offical pve)back in Oct 15.  Started playing (singleplayer) again back in Oct 16.  Started playing official pve again 3 days ago.  Stopped playing official pve again yesterday.  Why?  I found out the argent I was about to hatch and spend almost three days imprinting could no pick up any wild critters any longer.  I get why you had to do it.  But I'd like to propose this....

If a wild critter is dropped over an area "claimed" by anyone but the dropper the critter in question would just poof.  No xp, No corpse.  No interaction with PC pets.  Just poof.  No matter the reply, hope to hear from you on this.

edit:  There are several mechanics in the game already I think might be tweekable to support this.  Mounts that have platform saddles can't ride on another platform mount.  This could be twsited to fit the dropping wild death mechanic.  Instead of "sliding off" as mounts do, the wild dino would die.  

PC mounts take dmg if ridden, none if rider-free.  Could be altered so if a wild was dropped onto land claimed, it would take damage as if ridden.  But there would be 10k % dmg modifier.  This would kill anything.

I really want my pick-ups back in the pve game.  Thx

On 2/22/2017 at 1:34 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Hey do you think we could be getting a wing suit added into the game? It would look like something like hiccups from how to train your dragon, and its functionality would act as a parachute and slow the rate of decent in the air as well as increasing your movement speed in air. It could be part of the "riot/modern day" tier or put into Tek I suppose! 

I have a question.  A friend of mine playing on an Islander server (39) is being told that there is a max number of Platform Saddles permitted on a server AND that his server has maxed out..............the only way someone can put a platform saddle on their server is if someone else ont he server destroys one (does not have to be the same tribe).  

Is this cap for real?  Not fair to newbies if it is...................

Please let me know.

Ladidog1950

On 2/22/2017 at 1:34 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Can we please finally get a fix for imprinting interval glitch on console? As far as I know it's just single player/non dedicated. It just no matter how you change the settings it's always a default timer.

So I was thinking about how awesome it would be to have a completely underground map. Giant crystals, big shrooms and bugs galore. It could also have cave specific creatures like how SE has desert creatures. It could have major areas and a bunch of small caverns creating a maze-like cave system. It should also have room for big bodies of water so you could still get plesios and mosas. The main areas could be big enough for a titan to walk around. There could be smaller rooms that could fit a base and have multiple entrances. The obelisks could be in the major areas that are big enough for them. The bosses could be a giant 500ft centipede that crawls through it's arenas walls, a giant scorpion that can spawn pulminoscorpious, and a big crystal golem that has a buttload of health and may require heavy amounts of explosives. The cave could also have saber dens and wolf dens. It could also have metal nodes jutting out of the walls and waterfalls gushing out of the ceiling. It could have harvestable stalagmites and DEATH WORMS!!!!(I think those would really fit in). There could also be special areas that you could attach platforms to so you could build on the cave walls (kinda how redwood trees work). The main creatures you'll find in the more dank and narrow parts are araneos, athros, pulminos, titanoboas, beefybutts, dungbeetles and onycs. The main creatures you'll find in the main areas are trikes, stegos, pteras, carnos, raptors, argys, golems, parasaurs, diplos, dilos and dodos.  The more rare creatures to find in the main, larger areas are allos, rexes, paracers, tapejaras and ankys. The kinda in between things to find in the main areas are dodiecs, compys, gigantopithecus, megaloceros, terrorbirds, meganeura and titanomyrma. The common water creatures should include icthys, trilobites, eurypterids, dunkys, coels and leeches. The more rare creatures of the deep could be plesios, mosas, sarcos and spinos. All the waterways could be connected under the land portion of the cave, this means you could pop out at a random lake on your mosa and surprise attack a base ( of course all the waterways will have air pockets). As previously mentioned, the sabers and wolves will spawn in their specials lairs. The spiders could have their own base as well, filled with webs and carcasses. The supply drops will appear under water. Some supply drops will come from holes in the cave. A new resource could be added, this would be guano. Guano could be used to make pottery or for medical purposes (Wildcard finds a way). Webs could be used for making silk and strong armor in the fabricator. Wood would be one of the most scarce resources, but small sticks can be found so it isn't too difficult to start off. Lava areas would hold the artifacts to spawn the a'fore mentioned bosses. Some animals that wouldn't make it are mammoths, rhinos, quetzies, brontos, gigas, titanos, wyverns, pachys and some others. The caves should be very complex in terms of scenery and ruins should be everywhere. Cave paintings would also be cool. Salt and sulfur can be found here. Oil nodes should also be there. A new structure could be quartz made from the giant crystals. Raptors could also have their own little den. The areas of the cave, big or small, should be placed randomly and have multiple entraces to them, some big enough for rexes and other you have to crawl through and everything in between. Some new creatures to add could be cave lions and little rodents. There could be areas of the cave that are filled with fossils that you can collect to hang on your wall. New diseases and such (I know you love them) could include paranoia from being in the dark for too long and tapeworms from drinking the cave water. There could also be cave flu that makes your stamina deplete 2x faster and makes you hungry faster. I could go on, but this is long enough, tell me what you think and I really hope the devs take this into consideration. Thanks

-Shrek    

What do you guys think of this idea? Is it at all feasible?

Would it be possible to expose wild dino attributes that are possible of being incremented @ level up in a server configurable ini file?  For example, if I wanted wild dinos on my server to only have a chance at allocating level up points to Health, Melee, Stamina, and Weight (while not "wasting" level up points on the other attributes) I would in theory "disable" the other attributes in an ini file entry, or something like that.....  Nothing pisses me off more that knocking out a high level rex and finding it has 50 levels in oxygen....

On 3/25/2017 at 2:48 PM, DetectiveDusty said:

When will you add a 3rd party hosting service to consoles?

they tell us to ask questions but they dont seem to hardly ever answer anything.. they teased us with this option being announced at beginning of the year and then nothing ever said about it.. least give us a yes or now if its still coming maybe even a time frame 

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish pinned this topic

Archived