ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

A Tek spyglass would be pretty cool! It would make breeding for good stats so much easier because you could check them before you even have to knock out the dino. It would also be fun for killing alphas. You could see how much health they have left to know if you want someone in particular to get the experience so the other tribe members could stop attacking.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you planning on making more no tame servers?

there are a lot of people that still have a hard time getting on. Ideas this great should be able to be shared by everyone. I really hope you consider it. Even if it is just 1 or 2 more clusters.

i believe it would benefit wildcard as well as the players. Keep coming up with the good ideas.

Do you guys have any ideas for further utilizing the Specimen Implants? Some ideas:

Put implants from non-tribe members in the Grinder for Element. Could encourage PVP or trading. Element amount could eventually be weighted with survivor quotient.

An amount of different implants could be used to unlock a cool Bounty Hunter skin for tek armor.

Make a Tek device that can upload and download a tame into it. Could store your spelunking tame while you fly to the cave, swap them and store your flyer while you go cave spelunking. If you die, you would need to retrieve the implant to the tame back. (Could store your dino that you don't want people riding on your body while you sleep -_-)

2 questions regarding construction, and one regarding tribe management

1) will there be a planning mode to create the base(to look in advance on the costs/helps with placements)?

2) can the placement change a bit, if i want to place a sloped roof near 2 others that has a wall between them, it just spasms between the placements( Ex. have the number of possible placements displayed [1/4, 2/4...] and to be able to toggle between them instead of hoping to set it at the right spot? i lost so many materials because of it... 

3) can you guys set subgroups in the authority that we give to players? we want to set individual storage space, but everyone with your authority group can access your storage, which kind of defeats the purpose of protecting your own special stuff while sharing everything else

Thanks in advance,

Mr. Slave, no taming server.

Will we ever see a rework in how electricity works, like with an actual measurable amount of electricity created rather than just having gas in the generator until it runs out, and maybe different types of wires with different resistances that can travel different distances, kinda like real life electricty, I just think the current electrical components in the game are a bit too simple for a game where you can fight a giant spider on the back of a tyrannosaurus rex that can shoot lasers. Keep up the great work! :Jerblove:

Cross Arks/Clustered Servers - Would it be possible to implement a system where survivors can chat with others on the same server cluster?

Items - Can we please get a Tek Spyglass of some kind? Something that perhaps combines a spyglass and a magnifying glass.

Would it be possible to add an under-water tranquilizer gun of some kind?

Skins - For the dinos that you don't plan on adding Tek saddles for, could you add some tek skins? I like the Bionic Giga Skin and would like my dinos to all look high tech to match my Tek gear

Not sure if this has ever been brought up for discussion but is there any chance in the future we could have something like the commodity deed of Ultima Online? Basically something u can use to condense a very large amount of resources into for trading and transport that doesn't require 4 trips across the maps or cross arks? It can be a pain lugging large amounts of resources around and a bigger pain throwing down a couple dozen stacks and vice versa during trades. Maybe the Replicator can be the only crafting station that could be used to condense/unzip these "commodity deeds" Make it a tek tier engram and require some high end mats to craft, not some crazy amount, just enough to make the trade off worth the mats used. 

So I see that structures plus is a sponsored mod now, so does this mean that you won't be revamping the building mechanic for a while? And if/when (hopefully when) you do revamp it can you make it have a preview option? I can't tell the number of times I thought me and my tribe have "agreed" on where to place a foundation just for some one to go "No that's not where I said to put it I wanted it diagonal from how you placed it" or the similar.

Can we get some improvements for what happens to your character when you DC or the game or server crashes?  

It seems we made some improvements such that we don't fall to our death every time, still happens sometimes though.  But due to the open world, multiplayer, having items that are hard to obtain and easy to lose, etc a disconnect or crash has a large impact on players both new and old.  I see you are working hard to fix crashes, lag, DCs, etc, but you will always have some of those occur due to the network not being under your control and other potential bugs that may never be fixed, so better handling of what happens when you DC or your game crashes would be a great win for both the users and for you and your customer support in having to handle future support calls.  There have been several threads here on the forums and elsewhere on steam and reddit where users have come up with some good potential solutions that you might evaluate and make your own.  Thank you for the work you're doing and this fun game to play.

1 hour ago, ChrisDino said:

rn, one of the prettiest structures in the game is the greenhouse. but sadly it is one of the weaker. so could we please have another teir of greenhouse structures called "Metal Glass ..." that would require more metal but it would be as strong as metal? 

Yeah, bullet/explosion "proof" or resistant glass would be amazing, even if it was just windows.

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish pinned this topic

Archived