ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

So now that you're aware of flying being OP, what's your stance on players claiming that navigating by land is an issue (ie. animals getting stuck on terrain, throwing themselves over cliffs and clipping into each other)? Is it your plan to make having an animal caravan less aggravating? Through improved AI? Map adjustments? Resource allocation? 

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will there ever be some kind of Official Tribe Color system? Where your tribe settings can be changed to change the colors of your armor color or tribe chat color. For example, if i was in a tribe which its "Tribe theme colors" were cyan and white, the tribes armor color will be cyan and white by default however, the owner/admins can decide what regions of the armor and tools are painted that color. There would be an option where you are shown a set of armor (Cloth, hide, flak etc) or tools (stone pick, metal pick etc) and for each set, you choose what region is cyan or white. this could also apply to flags or certain structures. 

How about new recepies that use artifacts like these, but maybe the buff lasts for the day?

Here's a few ideas I have for them

Pickled Argentavis Talon - 12 hours of reduced fall damage

• Good for taming birds or building

Megalodon Tooth Paste - 12 hours of higher chances of finding better blueprints while fishing

• Good for fishing

Spicy Tyrannosaurus Wings - 12 hours of higher run speed

• Good for escaping preditors

Sauropod Stew - 12 hours reduced metal or berry carry weight

• Good for resource gathering

Tusoteuthis Chowder - 12 hours of higher torpor

• Good for looking for black pearls or taming scorpions

Can we have a bigger variety of meats in the game, besides just regular and prime. I think there should be a different kind of meat specific to each creature with special stat effects. For example, "GALIMIMUS MEAT" could temp. provide a stamina boost while "MAMMOTH MEAT" could provide temp. cold resistance. This would make going out hunting more worthwhile and immersive; where hunting a mighty Rex for its meat would be more valuable than just hunting simple Dodos if special stat boosters are your goal.

For balancing purposes the effect would only occur if the meat was cooked. If not it will act like regular old uncooked meat. 

1. Is the tech armor complete or will you guy build on it? Like maybe we can customize it to our liking or play style preference for instance maybe we can get a tech upgrade station were we can edit some attributes and parts of tech items. 

2. Will we get more cosmetic items i would love to see a full wyvern armor skin? 

3. Is there any information you can tell us about the phoenix that was found in the dev kit a few months back? 

4. Any hints to what the fourth boss will be? 

5. I notice on some cases you guys tend respond with "it can be done with a mod" or "leave it to a mod" i was wonder have you guys been working on some way to bring mods to console? Its kind of saddening to see all these awesome mods on pc and knowing that you cant play with them because your stuck on console. :(

6. How will ascension work?  Will we lose all of your tames and structures?

7. Will the fourth boss be the last boss you guys will add to the game besides dlc? 

8. Despite all of my questions i still love the game keep up the great work guys. :D

Are you planning on adding more base customisation options? 

Especially in the forms of plants, trees.

Also do you plan on making any visual changes to the map, i feel it could use more colour all the trees/plants are green there's no browns, purples, yellows ect

lastly are you planning on adding more maps? I would love to see a marsh/swamp heavy map with giant trees and some of the visuals you get in the swamp cave would be epic.(maybe add new type of boggy type terrain thats reduces movement speed)

On Wed Feb 22 2017 at 1:34 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Got a question for the next ARK Digest? Let us know! 

So the next update for console says official tame limit is 500. What about server cap? Since the breeding events multiple servers are on it and only so much room tribes can get rid of. This should be top priority question to he answered.

There are big problems with all flying creatures.

First if you enable following, they start to fly circles around your head. In case of a Argentavis or pteranodon it's annoying but we can handle it. But Wyvern realy drive me crazy as they leave the base and land outside as soon as the start.

Second problem is the aggression style. Can we please have an option for all creatures, so we can toggle them to return after fight? I can't count creatures I lost to level 10 predators while they are passiv and creatures missing after fight.

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish pinned this topic

Archived