ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One last suggestion

Allow crafting with materials in containers near you.  Currently there are ascendant gear we cant craft because of the huge amount of slots and/or weight required to hold the mats. For example: have beavers each filled with wood, thatch, stone. If they are close enough allow you to craft stone walls from your or a 4th beaver's inventory.  I'm not talking base sized area, more like within 50ft or so.  It's kinda repetitive to have to go to each box to get mats every time I make something.  Or if I'm to lazy to collect 200hide from 15 differnt critters.  i cant be the only one that spends a while looking for something because i forgot which critter is currently holding my hide.

Also allow crafting normal things like walls, pillars, cloth shirts, etc from a smithy. 

Would you possibly be able to create a way to make multiple custom "profiles" in ARK? That way, you can have one single player world set up for a specific mod pack on the ARK map, and with the click of a button be able to switch to a vanilla world on the ARK map, or even another Mod pack... I know you can do it by swapping out the game and gameusersettings.ini files but that is so time consuming. just a way to make multiple custom profiles, like in Curse, would be super helpful for people who switch between several mod packs all the time on single player worlds

How are things going with Xbox Play anywhere? In a digest in October, you said it'd come around the Holiday season. Obviously that flew by woth tons of other great content, but is it still a plan to execute? If so, do you have a new ETA? My friends and I would love to play together, and have a server constantly running, but don't have an extra Xbox to do so. 

4 hours ago, Szat74 said:

How are things going with Xbox Play anywhere? In a digest in October, you said it'd come around the Holiday season. Obviously that flew by woth tons of other great content, but is it still a plan to execute? If so, do you have a new ETA? My friends and I would love to play together, and have a server constantly running, but don't have an extra Xbox to do so. 

Have been wondering the same thing for ages. Wish the devs would talk about this.

I know ive allready posted but want to make sure its seen :). Can we get an option for a whistle for dinos to pick us up. When a ptera or tapejara have high movement speed its almost impossible to ride them as they fly erratically over head. They could fly over, grab us with there feet, then when the player looks at them give the option to ride. Land dinos could run over and it could automatically mount the player when its in range to be ridden. The tapejara is especially annoying as when it flys overhead it seems to be nowhere near a point where you can spam the ride button like you can with ptera's. Plz add this feature.

Certain Dinosaurs that have been around since ARK's inception have become a bit irrelevant since the release of newer dinosaurs. For instance, the Megalodon nowadays has very little utility, and little strength to stand up to the Squid and Mosasaur - which have a bit of a monopoly as far as sea mounts go. Same can be said for the Spinosaurus, its counterpart, the Rex, is getting tek additions - It is a bit neglected.

I mention these two as they are my favorite, but is there a possibility to get a bit of a buff to some of the older dinosaurs stats? 

1 minute ago, TranqRex said:

Could we get an update on the status of Procedurally Generated ARKs, please?

Agreed, was watching someone play on one last night and I noticed that they seem to be being ignored after they were first hyped up.  Perhaps ninja fixes but I've not seen anything about them in patch notes and there are a bunch of issues that need to be addressed to make them better for sure.

5 hours ago, VulgarRage said:

Will you ever put effort into maintaining good customer services and communication with your customers(people who play this game)?  That's Us WildCard the people who play your game.  Some respect is due to the gamer's  who've been playing this game and the effort they've given. 

How 5 programmer 3 are support lmao its like a mini indy game developer.

Would you consider removing the "wandering" requirement from dung beetles?  Currently there is a bug letting them "push" through walls and foundations.  This leads to lost/dead beetles,  Just until the bug that lets them push through is fixed.

Also could beetles be made to pick up dung on thier own at a later date, once wander is fixed.  Beetle roams around picking up poo all on its own if set to wander.

18 hours ago, Jim359 said:

Would you consider removing the "wandering" requirement from dung beetles?  Currently there is a bug letting them "push" through walls and foundations.  This leads to lost/dead beetles

Also could beetles be made to pick up dung on thier own at a later date, once wander is fixed.  Beetle roams around picking up poo all on its own if set to wander.

If you fix dung beetles to collect poo - Would you also change the Oviraptor to collect eggs in our bases?

Will all creatures get their hitboxes fixed/toned down?
I recently bred mega Mammoths and used them against the Easy Broodmother. Only 3 out of 15 of them were able to attack her from the front as their hitboxes didn't allow them to be close to each other, whereas the Rexes can be literally on top of each other and attack her from the same spot.

I have have few questions/ideas.

• Can we get any info regarding play anywhere?
  • Can you guys raise the breeding permanetly? I dont have time to spend a week breeding a Quetzal (but i really want to) with kids and a full time job.
  • Can we get some kind of 2nd tier feeding trough that makes food in it last longer or allow it to stack more?
  • A log of what our dinos kill while we are offline?
  • A wheel whistle to tell flyers to land/stay landed so we can move around base without having to ride them?
  • Please the ability to pick up wild dinos on PVE?
  • LOVE the idea of a tek teir spyglass, but make it more specific to breeding, as it tells the stats in "breeding" form........like for example if you look at a ptera it tells you that it has 25hp 30stam 39 oxy 50 food 20 melee etc... or could just use colors to give you an idea of what the valuse are like using my previous example the food stat being 50 would bright green while melee would be yellow or red with red indicating the worst values

Tek Tier structures have a weak point against Tek rifles. This forces us to combine it with a metal layer if we don't want to be raided easy. This causes a performance problem, even worse in Scorched where you have to add another layer for adobe. There is any plan to solve this? Maybe add insulation to replace adobe or remove that weak point to replace metal.

Hello, can you make a "uservoice.com" webpage to manage player suggestions and players voting suggestions? please

With this webpage-tool we (the community) can create new suggestions to this amazing game. And you can see how important is the suggestion for the community with the community votes. And you (the devs) can make new "labels" to this suggestions, like "next path" "not going to do" "a little further out", "at the back door", etc.

Some examples about how it works:

https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-universal-windows-platform

https://crowdin.uservoice.com/forums/31787-collaborative-translation-tool

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-ide

btw: You can create new categories, also; like "ark survival evolved", "ark survival of the fittest", "ark scorched earth" or

"feature ideas", "balance suggestions", "bugs", "crashes", "exploits", etc.

I really think this tool will help the development team see what improvements the community wants to make this great game even better!

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish pinned this topic

Archived