ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

On 2/22/2017 at 1:34 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Got a question for the next ARK Digest? Let us know! 

Concerning PGM; Is there a Road map of some sort in further developing the PGM function and what can you tell us? Specifically (but not all inclusive so feel free to add as much info as is known); what are the actions currently being deployed to bring PGM inline with the current official maps to include caves, all biomes (I have yet to see a swamp), Obelisks, and a thorough instruction guide that anyone can understand? Any milestones trying to achieve? Any official or unofficial timelines to accomplish any possible milestones? Is PGM on the back-burner? Thanks and have a great day.   

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few things...

When can we get better tribe logs and other ways to secure things such as audit boxes that track what is taken and put into them, even if it does not track what raiders take, but mostly for tracking your own tribe that is not Tek Tier at least?

Can we get some better underwater taming equipment, since crossbows are the only thing usable underwater, taming something like a Mosa takes ages if you have been unable to find anything better than primitive?

Can we get a dino that is able to gather pearls itself much like the Dunkle gathers oil nodes?

On 2/22/2017 at 4:59 PM, JozaSeraf said:

4. Can you inplant ingame transfer system? I mean as we havw all that tek tier stuff, obeliks etc. So you can come to obelisk or building ment for trading where can you see what others sell? So you can lets say offer vyweren egg or fully grown for 10k ingots or something like that. When other side pays you get materials and other side gets the egg. It would help lower lvl players to gets stuff to lets say argy or kibble in exchange for paste, gunpowder, bp...

As a Breeder, you want to be next to the person that you are trading with. After claiming, the first thing you're going to do is open stats to see if they're even somewhat remotely accurate on what they've quoted you. i.e. Dino hasn't been lvled (but it has) Dino has these base stats, here's the screenshot (other person has edited out the portion of imprint to make it seem feasible transaction and accurate, hoping you won't notice the imprint bonus after claiming) There are a lot of variables to take into account. If you have to return something, you kinda want to know where/who you're returning it to, and vice versa.

A few questions:

Firstly, do you have any updates on the primal survival game mode?

Also, could you make a singe game.INI command which removes all spawns from the map. I would like to completely edit the PGM spawns, but to remove all the spawns one by one is a bit of a pain?

Finally, are you ever going to increase the stack sizes for all items or add some settings which can be edited?

7 hours ago, Sifurtaliana said:

As a Breeder, you want to be next to the person that you are trading with. After claiming, the first thing you're going to do is open stats to see if they're even somewhat remotely accurate on what they've quoted you. i.e. Dino hasn't been lvled (but it has) Dino has these base stats, here's the screenshot (other person has edited out the portion of imprint to make it seem feasible transaction and accurate, hoping you won't notice the imprint bonus after claiming) There are a lot of variables to take into account. If you have to return something, you kinda want to know where/who you're returning it to, and vice versa.

Well you can allways implent system like of forum for positive or negative. There is a lot of options so...

4 hours ago, JozaSeraf said:

Well you can allways implent system like of forum for positive or negative. There is a lot of options so...

Were you being sarcastic?  I'm not sure since you are so new to this forum.  You see, the Trader rating has already been implemented here.

/turistguidemode true

/britishaccent true

Ladies and Gentlemen.  I would like to direct your attention to your left.  Where you will find some lovely green, grey and red dots.  The words "Ark trader rating" above the dots are believed to have been carved by some pre-medieval culture whose origins still remain unknown.  But aren't they pretty?  Yes, moving on then.  We shall now stop for tea and crumpets at a lovely cafe just ahead (that I have been given 10bob to stop at).

<----- <------ <------- left side, dots here.

39 minutes ago, Jim359 said:

Were you being sarcastic?  I'm not sure since you are so new to this forum.  You see, the Trader rating has already been implemented here.

/turistguidemode true

/britishaccent true

Ladies and Gentlemen.  I would like to direct your attention to your left.  Where you will find some lovely green, grey and red dots.  The words "Ark trader rating" above the dots are believed to have been carved by some pre-medieval culture whose origins still remain unknown.  But aren't they pretty?  Yes, moving on then.  We shall now stop for tea and crumpets at a lovely cafe just ahead (that I have been given 10bob to stop at).

<----- <------ <------- left side, dots here.

Yea I know m8. I'm talking about ingame system. So there is no need to go to forums. Complete system from ingame, you put your ad ingame, other see it, he pays for your egg, bp etc i raw materials or in bp. Voila you both get ib your base in your "special" machine. If other guy tricked you for egg etc. You gave him negative and others see that. Lots of option man. I just asked question about trading ingame to be easier esepicly if you sell for lot of resources

Seeing as its been 3 months since opening transfers completely, has there been much internal discussion on how it currently is?

Do you think server transfers in its current form is the way it will be permanently or is there any plans for a change in the near future?

Do you also think its healthy fun gameplay with how some servers are in a constant 24/7 war over weeks if not longer?

On 2/22/2017 at 2:34 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Got a question for the next ARK Digest? Let us know! 

1.  Curently there is an option to turn Floating names off/on in game set-up options.  Lets call this true/false.  This setting impacts everything with floating name.  Could we also get a "tick" (true/false as well) box in our tamed windows.  This would allow me to set floating names true in game options.  Then I could go around to all my hen's, breeders etc and set them to false.  I don't need to see their floating names.  Some I want to see, my mounts basicly are all I really need to see on regular basis.

Reason I ask.  I can pick up almost 8 fps at my base if I hit backspace and shut down floating names.  But I still want to see my mounts with ease.  This would also make my mounts stand out in the crowd as they would be only ones with floaters.

2.  Currently many of use tames as storage lockers.  This adds to dino counts.  If you dont do that then you have many <insert your fav storage method here> sitting around adding to object counts for the cpu/gpu.  Many of us have thousands of stacks of many of the materials in the game.  I have direbears for "lockers" packed with hides, fiber, thatch, paste, flowers, mushrooms, etc etc etc.  Anything light weight goes on a bear.  Anything Heavy goes in smithys.  Thousands of stacks.  This is just my single player game.  Imagine a server.  Finally to the meat of this request....

We need a new storage system/option.  Storage barns/warehouses.  This would consist of a placeable "room" 2x2x1 with a peaked roof (my vision, it could be anything, you could do this with motor and pestal if ya felt like it).  You would store two to four, or more, items in each shed.  And there would only be 1 stack of each.  Unlimited amount in this stack.  Server only has to track a single stack now.

You could limit the amount if you felt like it.  Something suitably large to make it worth while, and help reducer server drag still.   Then you could allow units to be expanded on.  IE enlarge the structure, now it would be 2x4x1/peaked.

Alright, with the eels and the jellyfish, Ark's waters have both become more content filled and more deadly. It's actually very hard to survive without Basilosaurus at this point. Can we see about getting a harpoon (Meatier version of crossbow, underwater only, longer reload potentially?) to deal with these, as well as finally finishing the Scuba set with some gloves that either allow some movement when being shocked or make you immune as their durability decreases? And in the future updates or rebalances, any chance we will get more creatures immune to shocks? Thank You!

Could we get an option to whistle shoulder mounted flying dinos off our shoulders while mounted on a flyer or land based dino?  Right now the button/key is the same for dismounting so you cannot tell the dino on your shoulder to attack or do what you might normally think possible when riding a dino.

Even better would be a whistle for telling it to land back on your shoulder.  Even better would be to make it so that you could swap between shoulder mounted, dino your mounted on and your own inventory.  Oh and finally some specialized "armor/saddle" for shoulder mounts that only acts as armor not as a true saddle. :) 

Hi. I would like to know if there are any plans regarding the behaviour of tamed dinosaurs. I know that changes are planned for wild dinosaurs (such as the use to day/night switches to modify carnivors behaviour), but what might be amazing would be similar changes for tamed dinosaurs. It would be fun to set our dinosaurs on wander so they can hunt dodos for their meat.

Hey, Jeremy.

Would you consider adding a structure similar to the smithy that allows us to combine blueprints that are of the same quality and type to get a blueprint with an average of the stats from both blueprints? Perhaps a TEK Tier thing? Or maybe you could just do it in your inventory? Let me explain, the structure (e.g. "Blueprint Table") would allow you combine an Ascendant Flamethrower BP (83.7 Durability, 250% damage) with a second Ascendant Flamethrower BP (203.6 Durability, 194.5% damage), which will consume both BPs, to make Ascendant Flamethrower BP (143.6 Durability, 222.2% damage) using the formula BP1+BP2 divided by 2. It would allow players to combine only 2 blueprints that have good damage but bad durability, and vice versa, to create a slightly better blueprint. Yes of course players could just go out and find better ones but if you get 2 bad blueprints you can do something with them that won't be as good as a top tier blueprint but will be better than what you had.

Could we get species prime meats from kills, to replace eggs in kibbl?  Example; An Argentavis would drop meat, Prime Meat and (new) Prime Argentavis Meat.  Meat and Prime Meat would stay as they are now.  

The new Prime Argentavis Meat would have the same details as eggs.  It would be consumable by humans, like eggs. Not consumable by dino's, like eggs.  Have long life (7 days?) like eggs.  Stack too 100, like eggs.  Used in kibble recipes, like eggs.  It would be the perfect copy of eggs.  Just that its obtained through killing rather than keeping 12 extra females around to lay the eggs.

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish pinned this topic

Archived