ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I have many questions or points, I'm just going to lump them into one post.

-As the baryonx weighs more than the purlovia by almost 1000 lbs can it please be carryable by an argie? If the issue is scooping them from underground than can there not be a code to prevent them from being grabbed underground?

-Can we get an explanation on ark physics and to the reasoning behind why spike walls don't work underwater despite being sharp and why cannons do not work in electrical storms despite not using electricity, please?

-Especially now that the hidden relics now provide hair cut models too can we have them added to the centre map? Since it is an official map now it would be nice if it had all the features. 

- When you go back over some of the dinos will some of the herbivores be changed from eating berries to stuff like thatch or fibre as they used to be grazing animals, not frugivores?

-I s it possible we will either see an option to lower overall spawn rates or just see a major rework on them? Certain dinos like the therinzino spawn so frequently it is a problem and in general whenever you go anywhere it is a mess of carnivores just roaming around. I know this is a game and therefore not the most realistic but it just kills exploration when the only safe mount is an alpha pred or a flier.

- Would it be possible to have a better notification of what certain mutations are? I have a couple on my dinos but for the life of me I cannot figure out what they do.

-While I love your game and think you guys are doing a great job I find a lot about the game is not well explained if it is at all. Could we get a better set of information on certain systems in the game such as the breeding mechanics and mutations?

-Why can therzinos damage you on a mount while other large dinos cannot?

- Would it be possible to see an expansion to the cooking recipes where we could make recipes for existing items and improve them? Such as using twice the amount of tintos for the health elixir and having a single dose twice as strong? If we can do it for foods and things it would be really nice if it could carry over to other recipes.

- I understand that punching a tree hurts, but could we have it where when punching squishy things we do not hurt ourselves? It is pretty silly that you can kill yourself on a dodo if you have low enough health.

- Would it be possible to craft things in your inventory if you are accessing a smithy with the materials already in it? It would be so convenient just to walk up to a smithy or bookshelf where I'm storing my stuff and just go straight into crafting instead of having to drag over everything and drag it back when im did?

-Can we get the ability in tech tier to craft beacon like objects to make finding spots on the map easier? Like if you want to mark a cave or your base you could put up a shaft of light for easy locating.

- Either as a new dinosaur or when you go back over the older dinos, it would be so amazing if you make a couple herbivores with herd AI behaviours. It would be cool to see certain plant eaters behaving like dire wolves or allosaurs. You could do the circle deference for trikes or give a true stampede mechanic.

-Can we have an iron level upgrade to the club since there is no good melee torpor damaging weapon until the prod?

-Would it be possible to get armour in the future that gives more than just an armour buff? It would be cool to add iron blades to the claws of a bear to up its melee or saddlebags to the mammoth to increase its carry weight.

- You have alluded in the past that we are not the first to inhabit the ark. Is it possible in the future that we could see human tribal npcs? Especially for the single player that would make the whole game so unbelievably amazing both with possibilities of trade or fighting. Especially as it would give us a chance to do some raiding in singleplayer.

- Please, can we see an option to add primitive+ items to the regular game? I really love all the additions it gets but I also want to use late game items at the same time. Especially for single player, I can't see why they couldn't be potentially combined. Primitive + has gotten a lot of features I want but I also don't want to give up late tier items.

- Walls and turrets are not always sufficient for guarding one's base in PvE or PVP. Could we maybe get something like a Plant species Z which uses an AOE ability that repels wild dinos? This would help with people who are raiding on PVE and would allow people to build without always relying on walls. With the Pachyrhinosaurus coming this would be in the same vein and really cool!

- will DLC terrain like that in scorched earth be available for use in PGA's if we own the DLC? It would be so cool to have a melded map between the two like a bunch of desert islands.

- This might be a lot of work but could we do something about riding dinos in forested areas. The trees tend to be so short 3rd person view is impossible and generally 1st person view is just as bad if not better. I would like to do some exploring on foot but I find it very difficult because of that. Could we either get a fix on the cameras or possibly see the trees raised a little bit so we don't constantly have our heads in the branches?

- Can we see where dinos don't go aggro and dinosaurs they wouldn't normally if they were not tamed? It is a little frustrating to tame up a carno and the second it wakes up half the forest attacks it.

- is it possible to make server settings or other ini file settings into sliders so that they are more user-friendly for the less tech inclined of players

-Would it be possible for most flyers to treat the water similar to the ground and only boot you if you approach at a harsh angle? Im sick and tired of flying just a bit too low to the water and being kicked of my argy. The birds would be smart enough to know to stay above the water no?

- Could we separate the sliders from tree density and stone density so if I wanted a really dense redwood biome that doesn't mean everything is covered in metal ore on the ground? Also if we could be a bit more specific like turning up or down crystal spawns? I would love to see a really dense dark redwood forest illuminated by crystal nodes with limited metal.

- Will we ever see where items from the primitive/scorched earth and dinos from scorched earth make it into the main game if you own the expansions? Especially with the new procedural generated arks if you have scorched earth it would be nice to have both desert biomes and the regular ones. Or have it as an option where rock elementals and wyverns can spawn in the regular game if you own the expansion.

- Will we ever be able to choose the exact amounts of items when transferring things in the inventory menu? IT would be nice if I could choose to do something like transferring 37 stacks of thatch instead of screwing around with click shift-t

- With the new procedural generated arks is it possible we may one day see settings to increase or decrease specific dinosaur spawns? I would love to play a map in which you can customise the dino availability.

Thanks for reading all this and making a great game!

Any info on new maps to come or dlc, and how will you use the dino creation mechanic in TEK tier, such as need to find the dna for the dino, and need meat and bones, so that the TEK replicator can basically 3D print that dino? Even dinos not in the map such as a mammoth on Scorched Earth with TEK capabilities

I have a few things hope its not too much 

1.can we make it so rocket turrets can fire homing rockets? With flyers seeming to have pvp dominanceit would be nice to have an advanced way to counter it

2. Can we implement rounded walls? It could be useful for things like swimming pools/water pens and or rounded behemoth gates and gate frames and angled walls such as 45° 90° and 135° walls for improved base design ideas?

Can we get an option for a whistle for dinos to pick us up. When a ptera or tapejara have high movement speed its almost impossible to ride them as they fly erratically over head. They could fly over, grab us with there feet, then when the player looks at them give the option to ride. Land dinos could run over and it could automatically mount the player when its in range to be ridden. The tapejara is especially annoying as when it flys overhead it seems to be nowhere near a point where you can spam the ride button like you can with ptera's.

Can you add a "Slow Speed" for dinos? Especially for flying dinos. (eg by holding X + W simultaneously)
This will help a lot for building high areas of large bases.
Also will help if the dino that follows you can switch to "Slow Speed" and stop precisely next to you,
instead of run in full speed and pass you, then turn around you like crazy.

A "Slow Speed" can solve multiple problems!

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:02 PM, BaneOfAmirbek08 said:

Sorta a far fetched idea, but anyway. On Xbox whenever your using the keyboard it gives a suggestion for the word you are writing, speeding up the process of texting. How about for Ark on Xbox the game utilises this feature when typing commands. Writing commands now is tedious. If the commands appeared on the suggestion box while typing, then it would be super useful. You don't have to type out the whole command just a snippet of it, while the suggestion box will let you fill in the rest of the command. 

the suggested words comes from Microsoft's word and Cortana. You could use your phone and download the Xbox app and copy and paste the commands you would like to use.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:34 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Got a question for the next ARK Digest? Let us know! 

I do have a suggestion. Will it be possible to add in for the pc to config the controller style or adapt the controller style from the Xbox version. I find the controller is better to use for me then the keyboard and mouse.

Hi WC! The breeding event was great, thanks for your hard work! There seems to be some lack of information surrounding the mutation mechanic and inbreeding. It was stated that's inbreeding doesn't not have negative effects, and that mutations are completely random. Some seem to think that inbreeding will increase the amount of mutations- does inbreeding have any benefits? 

*Hi devs if you're able to find a spare moment could you add a setting to reduce or disable rain particles to help performance many of us would appreciate it, thanks and keep up the cool work.

* Could it be possible to add a config option to allow creatures to eat stews and soups etc. for single-player ("Dinoeatsoup=true"?), and for servers if people want it?

*Could we maybe get a setting option for creature spawn density so we could lower the frequency of overall creature spawning to help performance?

Can we get water towers on scorched earth we can fill them with dinos or rain. Having water pipes everywhere seems a bit ugly. Also what are the chances of us getting a better way of moving between maps. Can official servers be grouped together of each map

Scorched earth1, island1, the center1, ect1

Scorched earth2, island2, the center2, ect2

and if you want to transfer to a different group then we would have to pay to get transfered over. That would prevent mass server hopping. And would allow us to travel to different war zones/maps in the group freely like walk to edge of map and have it prompt us if we want to load into the next map.

11 hours ago, myksta0121 said:

Also any info on the boss arena glitches being fixed. There are a few, but the one where upon exiting the boss arena you seem to die/asks you to choose a respawn, and everything your player is carrying is lost is the worst.

this is a really abnoxious glitch especially when you're trying to earn element! I've been scrambling to transfer everything I value onto a mount before I leave the arena, but a rough boss fight might bot leave you even that option

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish pinned this topic

Archived