ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey devs is there a date if any set for when pve players can see the kapros mega and squids grab ability restored to full functionality.  The mega for instance is only used at night but now that it's main feature is gone it is another dino that's rendered completely useless same with the kapros sure there a pain in the wild but now in pve that's all you get is a pain in the rear when you go to the swamps. The squid lemme tell ya about that one tamed it its great but honestly my tribe and I tamed it for its main feature IT'S grab ability Also before there's a complaint about kiting with them I'd like videos of it being done I can see with a mega grabbing a troodon but troodon wasn't even out when the grab ability was removed thanks.

Tamable titanoboas?

S+ considerations for vanilla? Not so much the glass pieces but more of the solid foundation blocks to build on slopes, auto close doors, pulling resources from different chests, ceilings snap flush with foundations.....

General lag and dashboarding on consoles.....

Bloom slider on official console servers!

I love the game!  Its one of those that I have been hooked on!  There are not many that do that to me.   One question I have is with the clipping.  The ability for dinos to attack though the wall.  As appose the Dinos having to destroy the wall first then come though.  I think of other games and people would be calling it a wall hack.  Is there any plans to make it more like a box ish around the dino to keep it from clipping, and perhaps it would help it from getting stuck as much?

Thanks!

Are you still planning on adding lightsabers in the Tek Tier. In ARK Digest 25 you mentioned adding them, and I was just wondering if that was further off or closer to completion.

Any idea when we're getting Dynamic Length Bridges?

There's a bug on PS4 SinglePlayer where only Raptors spawn on Dead Island. Is there a fix on the way?

Any chance for some Samurai-themed additions, like weapons, armor or shields?

Thanks for making a great game!

Would it be possible for you guys to offer a media server? 

TThere's a lot of streamers and you tubers including myself that can't play in regular official servers because once they find out we stream they come after us and can always see our location

I Don't want to mention conan but they did something really cool with a server only for media and a few of their friends

Sure we could set up a ps4 to run as our server and invite all the streamers but nobody wants to play in a non official server 

I would set it up where 1 media person can invite only 9 of his friends so all tribes would be 10 max

Everything else can stay default 

II know it's not your fault that we get stream snipe we choose to stream but we would also be providing free advertisement for your game to viewers 

Also if we could rent servers then we could do it on our own but you guys don't have that up yet 

) Will the generic kibble still be created?

Will make feeding animals easier. ?
) Should the beezleofo do more damage to the mantis and create more cementing paste?

) Will Offline Raid Protection (ORP) official servers be launched on consoles? Please, so tired of being offline raided and not given the chance to defend.

) Regarding leech blood, I read that patch 242.3 was to allow leech blood storage in fridges to allow extended time. Is that true or false?

) With the alarm traps getting changed so that tribe men and allies will not trigger them can we see about the other traps (IED, Bear trap) having the same feature? It becomes a chore picking up or disconnecting traps when coming back online.

) On the Xbox console can we have our prevented build messages back. It helps to know why an item can't be placed.

) Can we have more options for pipes and cables? Maybe something that auto connects two separate power or water grids so that you don't have to have one big network that doesn't grid correctly to a separate building. Also since there is a diagonal pipe/cable maybe a sideways pipe/cable that does the same as diagonal but now to a left and right.
) Also is it possible to have in one power grid 3 different wind turbine percentages and when one lower percentage turbine turns off the grid does not power off? The percents are 20/80/100 and when the 20% turns off the grid goes with it. I put three up for backups in the event of power lines being severed, and the percentages.

) When will we see the wind speed on the island, like than of Scorch Earth?

) Will there be a better means of making jerky?

) From the #46 digest will the trading system also include trading dinosaurs? This will help from being ripped off.

) Can we create a behemoth wall so the loading time associated with numerous behemoth gates can be lessened? This would be helpful regarding bases that use these for Dino pens.

) Can there be a grind all or maybe allow the use command to make the Industrial Grinder more efficient rather than selecting the item and select grind each time?

1. When the game has all content and optimization in place, will you polish such things as creatures that can carry other creatures? By that I mean specific animation/model/position for each dino in every carrier's mouth/claws. I know that would be a lot of work and hard to do, but it's a bit ridiculous looking how animals float around the carrier instead of actually being carried.

2. Are we ever getting death animations for dinos instead of them flopping into the air and flying around upon death? :)

3. Will the AI of wild dinos be improved? So pegomastax won't run into the sea and drown after stealing, dinos won't keep walking into rocks, you won't be able to kill a therizino with a bow because it's staring at you or running in circles, flyers not landing next to carnivores, herbivores fleeing when seeing a carnivore, herbis being in packs to have a chance, dinos doing something instead of walking in circles until they die, diplodocus actually running away...?

1. You're currently hard at work on TEK tier and very late game/ascension stuff, but will you expand the more primitive tiers too? More weapons, more armour tiers, more structures, miscellaneous items...

2. The underwater bases are part of the TEK tier, so they require element and with that, defeating bosses. Any chance we can get a lower tier of expensive metal/glass underwater bases that wouldn't be as strong, but would make underwater life accessible to singleplayer survivors and smaller tribes? :)

Would it be possible to get configuration for customization for item stacks sizes as well as individual weights?
I personally find mods to be very unreliable in this regard because if theres ever be an issue with the mod it'll delete all of the items.

Could we see some special config option to disable nameplates of other players/dinos/structures that are not in your tribe server side?
This as well as disabling names in the tribe logs could create a more rp friendly pvp experience wherein people dont always know who raided them or who to hunt down.
However it would be nice to still see this information as an admin in logs, so if we could keep that it that would be appreciated :D

Could we possibly get an "Agressive To Wild Creatures Only" option for our tames like the turrets do?
This would make protecting our homes from predators alot easier without killing our neighbors :).

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:34 AM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Got a question for the next ARK Digest? Let us know! 

hi guys i had a thought and would love to know what you think about it and weather or not it could be a viaable option for the game. 

Background info

Like most of everyone here i fly around on my bird all day everyday looking,  usuall looking for beaver damns that havent been raided and wood left in them or chasing loot drops. pretty sure if your not grinding reasources this is all you do other than looking for tames

My idea comes in two parts

1, Imprint your fovourite dino

i think for your favourite dino or maybe even 1 from each speices you should be able to imprint at any stage not to gain levels by a means of showing affection and extra earing the loyalty of said creature. By petting it regularly, maybe hand feeding its favourite food on a regualrl basis etc. And thus doing so creating/ unlocking some better features of the dino which leads into my 2nd part

2 Whistle to be picked up

if say you have spent the time with your favourite dino for agers and say you decide to go beaver damn hunting or swiming for loot drops i think there would be super handy and awesome option to have a whitsle for flyers or even big carnos to whitsle PICK Up.  So say you dropped into the water to get a couple beaver damns , and bam two high level beaver materialize out of no where and hit  your for all youve got, you could simply whistle pick up/mount to your flyer or land dino and even sea mount and they would swim to you and you could like instant mount them.

no more pesky beavers or even worse pirana's suprise attacking you and the same for pretty much any event weather you jsut out walking about and get surprised by a troodon  you could whistle for a pick up and be in some what safer hands but only to a dino that you have spent the time imprints as your favourite dino

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish pinned this topic

Archived