ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Stop Dino heads from looking at us, especially quetzals and gigs

-please for the love of god put toggleable dino nameplates on console

-on-screen counter of tamed Dino's in tribe log

-a "current structures in range" feature to help with building and avoiding building caps

-please put the banner back at the top of the screen that told us why we cannot place an object

-work on structure clipping please

Just now, Vilicus said:

This is already a thing in the server configuration as well as single player PC.  Not sure if its possible to change these settings on console though.

I mainly play pc and I just find annoying how I have to go into my config to change these things. Also when I changed the egg speeds it made it impossible to get good imprints (I fixed it with research, but it is a hassle for new players). I go agree that console needs to get the config related things for single player though!

Would you consider any of these to happen/change?

1.Larger animals (bronto,rex,giga,paracer,stego,etc) should deal damage to metal, even if it's just a tiny bit. 

2.Paracers, brontos and diplos should have stomp attacks like the titanosaurus does

3.Diplos should have stomp and tail attacks

4.Dilos should have the turret AI like the Arthros

5.Sarcos should have a grab attack for larger creatures

6.Tapejara should get a barrel-roll and dodge moves like the banshee in Halo

7.Stegos and trikes should be able to flush blood into their plates/shields to intimidate wild carnivores and give them a debuff

8.Titanoboas should be tameable and should have a constriction attack

9.Turrets (automatic) should be buildable on brontos and paracers again

10.Dimorphs should get a pack boost and evasion moves

11.Turtles should go in their shells and have a mini sentry-gun saddle

12.Apes should be able to use melee weapons

13.Pachys should be bigger and stronger

14.Trikes should have a charge attack

14.Monkeys should be able to climb trees and harvest fruits in the trees. They could also be alarms

15.Dimetros should be faster and stronger in general

16.Megalodons should be bigger and harder to tame

17.Sabers should have a pounce and grab attack for larger prey

18.Mammoths should have a grab and throw attack for smaller enemies

19.Spinos should have a roar

20.The Rex should deal extra damage to armored humans/animals and should do extra damage to structures

21.Spinos should do extra damage to aquatic creatures

22.Trikes and Stegos should be better in general and harder to tame

23.Ankys and stegos should get resistence to bullets/arrows

24.Compys should be in packs of up to 40

25.All aquatic reptiles/mammals/amphibians should have an oxygen bar

26.Gigas need a louder roar. If you do this, could the Spino also have a loud roar?

27.Piranhas should be tameable

28.Ants should have a queen

29.Beavers should be re-worked (stat wise) and used strictly for work, not combat

30.Wolves need improved howl and a saddle for armor. They also need a pack boost

31.Bears need a re-work and should mainly be used as the berry/mushroom/flower/fish/meat/food gatherers as opposed to combat mounts (although they should still be able to fight, just not as well). Also make them have a louder roar.

32.More dinos need feathers!!!!!! (at least some)

33.Gigas should be only maybe 2 feet taller than a rex and should be the health musketeer of the trio (Rex should be the power and Spino should be the Speed and versatility). This would also allow for the removal of the Giga's rage and the stupid fast speed of the Rex.

34.Woolly rhinos should be slower and slightly smaller. They should do extra damage to larger creatures (think spiked-wall)

35.Compys should be able to climb larger foes

36.Ankys should do extra damage to structures and the legs of larger enemies

37.Eurips should be tameable and should be the dimorphs of the water

38.Deer should have a gore/bleed attack and a charge attack. They should also be bigger

39. Pteras should be good fishers and not good combat mounts

40. Argys should have slighty more damage and should be able to drop rocks from above (think chalico)

41.Quetzals should not be used for combat (in the sense of melee damage), but for utility. They should have a poor AOE and little melee damage. They should be able to fish and carry two people in its talons. It should also have more limits to its platform saddle (for realistic/balancing reasons, maybe I'm the only one that cares for that, I just don't like huge flying 6x6 boxes).It shouldn't be able to carry huge animals, like Mammoths and Stegos. They should have saddles used specifically for manual turrets, catapults, and multi-seat transport.

42.Ankys,raptors,sabers and others should have a crouch

43.Sarcos should have a tail attack and a death-roll attack

44.Onyc should have a bleed attack and a smaller hit-box

45.Aranoes should climb walls and spit acid

46.Kairukus should have fishing abilities and should sit on small eggs

47.Pelagornis should have a dive for fishing

48.Creatures should have finishing moves with a 10% chance of activation if the opponents health is low enough. Other circumstances would help determine when this finishing move would activate.

49.Carnos should have a charge attack and slower stamina reduction. Their right click attack should do bonus damage to wood/thatch

50.Terror birds should be a bit larger and have more melee damage. They should also have an ax-swing attack that deals torpor and bleed damage

51. We can milk our mammalian friends!

First off just want to say that I love this game and thank you for bringing it to the ps4.

Tribe Management, could we get more information about our tribe like the following:

-Number of tames/tame limit

-List of tames(possibly with level/sex/location)

-Tribe log filter. Sometimes this can get cluttered with so and so demolished this or that. It would be nice to be able to filter by keywords similar to the inventory view so we can find out if a tribemate or tame has died.

More options for structure control.

-Example, a tribemate builds a small base further away from the main base and decides he wants to start his own tribe. There's currently no way to transfer ownership without being a server admin that I know of.

Whistle options

For flyers when whistling them to stop can this be improved to have them land (if terrain permits) right where they are when the command is given?

Could we get an option to disable group whistling and the new L1+Down? I've accidentally used those commands near our egg pen and had the pleasure of rearranging 20+ dinos too many times.

The Dino Control Wheel

Could we get some consistency to the locations of the commands that appear?

I've mistakingly turned dinos on aggressive several times in bad locations due to the menu changing because the dino I'm standing next to is moving it's head around changing the distance between us.

Dino stats, the ability to see a dinos original tamed stats.

-What level it was tamed at.(wild level/completed tame level)

-Whether kibble tamed, prime, and/or taming efficiency.

Breeding

-The possibility of increased breeding, mating, baby maturation, and baby food consumption be increased similar to the vday event?

I tried breeding for the first time during the event and found it strenuous to accomplish.

Imprinting

-Will you guys consider linking the imprint bonus to account (like PSN account) instead of just the survivor? I was so frustrated to find out that it didn't work after transferring a couple of dinos between scorched earth and the center.

Dino Following

Are there any plans to improve the dino following mechanic? I've been in situations where I'm on a Rex or spino and had a flyer, like a pteranodon, on follow at the highest distance yet it keeps flying right into the dino I'm riding and wedging itself in such a way that neither dino can move.

Thank you for taking the time to read our messages.

Could we see some improvements on the Tek Helmets "Pulse" scanning mode? If it could more clearly highlight enemies and outline all dinos that would make searching forests and swamps so much better. Also, will there be a tek equivalent to a spyglass? Perhaps with variable zoom as well as the functions of a magnifying glass?

1. Any chance we can get a freelook option by keypress (toggle or hold), much the same way freelook works in the ArmA franchise? Having the ability to scan the area around you without affecting the direction of travel would be great. Orbit mode isn't a viable option, as it doesn't inherit the improved visibility you get from the SCUBA goggles / can't use spyglass.

2. A few digests ago now you mentioned enabling no collision on vanilla structures, is that still in the pipeline?

1. Well we ever apart from building in the water and on land be able to build in the sky? Such as having maybe less structure range and Bing able to use less structures?

2. With primal evolved can you make it if not already considered to cycle through Dinos for example if you make a tribe having a diversity of Dinos that are cpu maybe be able to switch from a trex to spino? Or even have a limit of 3 assigned Dinos to cycle from maybe one air Dino, one land Dino and a water Dino?

Is there a plan too continue releasing dinosaurs to the game even after full release kind of like how MOBAs work where even when the games finished they constantly add new characters, and if yes will there be a larger map to sustain the amount of creatures being added love te island just wished that it was bigger, and lastly is there any plan too add NPC survivors that have tribes on single player, I don't have live all the time and would still love to try and raid tribes!! P.S add ceratosaurus please!!!

1. Manta buff, or at least AI fix so that it's harder to beach themselves? Tamed mantas shouldn't be able to die instantly on land when not being ridden, maybe have a 10-20 second timer before death, with a unique flopping animation?

2. Invertebrate breeding?

3. More flying mounts, especially one that does torpor?

27 minutes ago, DeathRingsTrue said:

Is it possible to get an option or tab to view a dinos original stats that it was tamed or hatched with?

Will we ever see breeding sped up like you did with the taming and harvesting? (2x rates except for special events)

This so much!

I forgot to mention this in my earlier post. I didn't try breeding until the vday event and even at those rates it seemed very difficult to keep up with the process. I raised a few bears, argies, and finally a wyvern and it was crazy. Was only able to get up to 78% imprint on one bear and the wyvern.

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish pinned this topic

Archived