ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel as if though the server transfering system makes the game extremely difficult for new players who wish to enjoy the game, to be specific I am speaking of transfering such things as a lvl 200+ wyvern. This mechanic currently makes the game unplayable and pointless on some servers for smaller and even medium sized tribes. Will their ever be harsher restrictions placed on the transfering of dinos and perhaps maybe even items?

Is scorched earth meant to be rated M? I know it is rated M on Xbox and I feel like that is a mistake. I also have a question about whether or not SOTF will ever be coming to console. One more question if you don't mind! Will there ever be a way to scale the amount of element and tekgrams you get when you kill a boss on a single player/dedicated/non-dedicated server? Thank you so much for providing us all with years of entertainment with this game!

I know you have a lot of TLC passes planned for different areas (initial dinos, UI etc) - Do you have a TLC pass planned for the build system? Or irrigation/electrical wiring? If so, do you have a teaser for us what your plans are?
My main problem with them is finding snap points, clipping/non-alignment (pillars + roofs, roofs + foundations) and not being able to pick things up again.

Any chance that either the Oviraptor changes or that a new dino will be added that collects eggs and stores them in its inventory for easy collection later? Are there any design or ideological considerations preventing such a dinosaur from being added?
I.e. should I stop hoping for one? :P

Will we see the crop plots having different slot counts and inventory capacity depending on their sizes?
That way, a large crop plot would be useful for berries as well. It would also benefit the players not playing every day so that they don't come back to a wilted garden every time.

Oh, and another thing: I may have misunderstood, but as I read the announcement for the Valentine's celebration (quoted below) only the second list (Mate Boosted Range, Mating Speed + recovery, Maturing and Incubation speed and Baby Food Consumption) was included with the commandline parameter -vday. As I understood it, the first part, with the emotes, hairstyles and Boxes of Chocolate, is only included until the next patch. So, to my questions:
A. Is this correct (i.e. no chocolate and no possibility to learn emotes and hairstyles after the next patch)?

B. If yes on A: Is there a possibility us server hosts could choose to host the full events at will? Like if Australians wanted to host the christmas event in July, if I wanted to host a Valentine's Day event to honour someone on the server getting married, etc etc. What I'm after is whether you would consider letting us server hosts fully control the events on our server, including the parts you usually add and remove with patches...

With this event, Survivors will be gain the ability to learn one new emote, as well as a new stylish hairstyle for each gender. Creatures have also been affected by Cupid's spell in the following way:

• They have a 5% chance to drop a Box of Chocolate when they mate. Boxes of Chocolate can be used for a Full Heal or to advance 50% of a creature's taming affinity bar.

All servers (including Officials) using the following commandline parameter: -vday can get some extra mate-boosted bonuses:

• Mate Boosted range increased by 2x
  • Mating Speed and Mating Recovery increased by 3x
  • Creature Maturing and Egg Incubation speed has been increased by 3x
  • Baby Food Consumption has been decreased by 1/3

(I'll just keep them as two posts... or it would be one too long post! Apparently I posted in an old thread, so here goes again! :) )

Hey, When will you be adding more official crossarks ( isolated clusters) the last time you added 3 of each crossark ( 9 in total) was November the 30th all the alpha's are bullies now.

Getting Stuck in tamed dino's. Getting stuck in doors and trapdoors, disconnecting randomly, dinos not hitting for some reason ( good thing maybe) Huge lag on official servers.

Game cannot run smooth on a 970m :(

1. Do different Dino's have different armor ratings without saddles? Like do a Rex and Theri both have a base armor rating of 50 or does a Rex have a high armor rating compared to most others because of thicker hide?

2. Do you guys ever plan on adding a feature for fishing that would give us some kind of indication of a fish being tempted to bite like a jaws sound as a fish is getting interested and once a fish attacks our bait and is hooked, have a sound chime off?

3. When are you guys going to fix the Force All Structure Locking feature? Though I can have the command in the GUS.ini file, the server will boot with it enabled properly every so often.

4. When you untying down foundations, when will we not see branches and weeds sticking through the floor? Even having the ground clutter slider all the way to the left, I still have random things poking through the foundations. Would love for this little thing to stop.

5. When will we for unofficial servers, have the ability to remove the fog? Though we understand it's a feature of the atmosphere, it gets to be a bit much at times.

6. Are there any plans on fixing the logging out and falling through the ceiling platforms? We have many players in our group that building on Pillars and it seems to be a 50/50 that when they log in that they will be below their "floor". By now we have all gotten used to having a door installed so we can get back out, just very annoying.

7. When will there be a fix for logging out on tree platforms and when logging back in, falling through the platform itself. Even when having a foundation, same thing happens.

8. When can we expect a fix for light and rain passing through the ceilings in large structures. Any structure that seems to be bigger than a 6x6 foundation structure and taller than 2 walls high, rain falls through the ceiling and you don't get a home buff. Same thing with light from the sun or lamps. I have a massive structure and when I look at the furthest wall where it meets the floor, you can see a glare. Seems at every connection point between a wall to ceiling or floor has light glaring through. I would love to be able to build a large structure and keep outside light outside and internal lighting inside. Unless I have windows of course. This is probably the biggest issue I hate. Though it's a game and it doesn't matter, I love getting into it and want it to be as real as it can. Seeing a glare at the bottom of the wall and floor seem, then having rain fall on you while being inside is very annoying.

*EDIT* 9. Please, PLEASE get the clipping through buildings and walls fixed. I understand the game is about survival, but especially in PvP, getting eatin by dino's through the walls is just extremely annoying. Even at a PvE point of view. Biggest annoyance being that Giga's can kill you through rocks. Best example was Neeb's Gaming and Neeb's himself getting killed while standing on a rock and the Giga killing him though he couldn't see the Giga through the rock he was standing on above the Giga.

53 minutes ago, Vilicus said:

Can you allow tames that are dead to be harvestable on servers that have friendlyfire disabled?  Or maybe give the option for the tames owner to allow a tame to be killable via the wheel menu.  Currently cant harvest the Ovis I've been raising for meat on our PVE server cause the dang admin has friendlyfire turned off like some kind of wierdo.  

This, so much this! Even allow unclaimed dinos to be killed.   Its kind hard to breed and harvest sheep for mutton on PVE servers ya know ;)

Most of my Ideas/questions are about building.

I think having a button to toggle snap on/off might be useful. Annoys me to death when i need to place a pillar or something in a particular spot but it wants to snap 3 feet over to a foundation or fence. Being able to turn pillars/foundations after placing like with some furniture would also be nice. 15 or 45 degree turn snap points would also be nice.(ie: snap pillar to center/side of foundation and then turn 45degrees)

An X-ray mode and/or camera pass through mode for when your trying to build but the camera angle is to bad to see where your placing.

Currently we don't have any angle pieces besides the sloped half walls and roof. triangle(half) walls, foundations, ceilings would be nice.  Triangle shaped sloped roof would help too.

Double sided walls (ie: cant see the wood supports for stone walls)

Increase build limit for rafts/platfroms

Lastly how about unlocking similar pieces together with engram points, ie: sloped left wall/sloped right wall. Doesn't make sense to me to spend the points for a piece that is just a mirror of another.

So question is will you ever add to/expand building?  Building is about 40% of the game anyways.

Will the change of limiting each tribe to 400 dinos on PVE replace the current limit placed on each server of 4000 dinos?

For example, I am on a server that is at the current dino limit of 4000, 8 tribes currently have 500 dinos each. 

After the 255 patch on Official PVE, will the 8 tribes be restricted to 400 dinos each? How many more tribes on the same server will be allowed to reach the 400 dino limit?

6 minutes ago, DangerPlayz said:

Can we get a way to edit how fast eggs hatch in game. Also if you add this can it also change the time between imprinting (and maybe percent) so you can still get 100% imprinting on dinos.

This is already a thing in the server configuration as well as single player PC.  Not sure if its possible to change these settings on console though.

Have you guys made up your mind about vehicles yet? Cars/Speedboats/(maybe a really costly helicopter). You might be able to mount turrets on them, but overall they would be weaker than dinos and more costly. To balance maybe some enviromental effects (like Strong Winds to disable helicopters). They would be awesome though!

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish pinned this topic

Archived