ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

18 hours ago, KingOfBronzodia said:

what's up with the next update i mean it's been a while now :P

To which platform are you referring to? If you mean Xbox One/PS4, the update for them is supposed to drop tomorrow. If you mean PC/Linux, I have no idea. The Ark Wiki has nothing right now in regards to the laptop/desktop versions.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Dawii said:

Hi, are we getting something to make babies stop growing? They are so cute and in want to make a baby collection!

I know it is in the Upcoming features in the wiki page but i would like to know if this feature is still planned.

It is supposed to be a Tek tier capability/method, but I don't know when it's supposed to drop in-game. Maybe not until final release on the 8th of August.

I'm curious as to whether we could eventually get an option to capture non-tamable fish like Sabertooth Salmon and Coelacanths and put them in water-filled tanks to raise them for a consistent supply of fish meat, something along the lines of an aquaculture setup. Also, is there a way that hydroponics could be introduced as a late-game way to keep plants supplied with water and nutrients? That would be super helpful in growing the rarer vegetables and fruits in a way that doesn't demand a crazy amount of attention and a clunky greenhouse setup.

I have played Ark since early access on Xbox and it has been my go to game i always crawl back to. Its been awhile since i posted mainly due to real life things getting in the way of gaming. For the most part though i love where the game is going. Now i am sure not all my questions will get answered but i would like to hear from some of the Devs (Yeah you Jat) about a few things on my mind.

- Ragnarok

Can you unlock all Tekgrams on Ragnarok?

How well does Ragnarok run on console?

Will the desert expansion be placed behind a paywall or have content pulled due to scortched earth?

- Player Dedicated Servers

Since Ark will be moving into cross play will i be able to rent a server from a 3rd party host on PC and join said server on Console?

Will wildcard have a rent a server option? (You know you would make bank right?)

- Skins

Will Console be getting access to all of the Skins PC has? Such as the Rex Glasses and Cowboy Hat?

HERE IS MY BIG ONE! Will "Xbox" be getting the PS4 exclusives soon? I asked this when they were released and was told they were timed exclusives. The full Manticore set is a must for me.

So do you still have plans to release it on Xbox as some sort of Xbox achievement unlock?

- Cross play servers

Will all current official server have a prefix? Xbox, PC, PS4?

Will all server be wiped and Merged?

Will transfers to and from platform specific servers be open? PC players would defiantly dominate console servers.

Will the server player cap increase?

- Zombie Wyvern

Any chance we will Ever see this ridable? At least if spawned in with the Admin Console?

Thats all i can come up with now, i am hoping i can get some answers.

Thank you...

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Johnjo188 said:

Will the bone wyv, head dress, candy cane skins be available on the official island ps4 servers?

All skins are available on all platforms already through achievements. I believe there may have been some issues with PS4 ones, but that was fixed in Patch 509.1.

Will ark official servers be wiped? I feel with the ark official release coming soon, it would be a great time to wipe official servers. This would give new players an actual chance, and not have ark completely controlled by a select few mega tribes. New players could actually have fun and stand a chance rather than just being squashed by a force they cannot even come close to standing up to.

13 hours ago, Tallon1515 said:

Will ark official servers be wiped? I feel with the ark official release coming soon, it would be a great time to wipe official servers. This would give new players an actual chance, and not have ark completely controlled by a select few mega tribes. New players could actually have fun and stand a chance rather than just being squashed by a force they cannot even come close to standing up to.

That sounds like a good idea. I think they are still debating it. I think they said a while back they were going to definitely wipe servers that showed little levels of player activity. However, I think you bring up a good point. The reason the Steam review board for the game is awash with a red rash of bad reviews is because people keep complaining about alpha tribes dominating every inch of the maps and dominating the PVP servers like they have nothing better to do. That is one of the many reasons I stick to singleplayer so I don't have to put up with it. I think wiping the slate clean and allowing people a fair chance to play without the worry of alpha tribes ruining all the fun will improve peoples' reviews and moods concerning the game as a whole.

Our ARK: Survival Evolved will be officially sold in August. congratulations.
I am proud of the success of ARK I have played for two years on the official server.
So, I will ask you a question. Are there any significant changes for existing players in August on the official server?
I believe that Studio Wildcard will not disappoint us that have been supporting ARK while playing for the past two years, but if there is a change please explain clearly.
As you know, playing on ARK's official server takes a lot of time and effort.
Please do not be grieved existing players who cherished ARK with valuable time. Please do not disappoint us absolutely.
I am waiting for a reply from a loving Wildcard. Can we join together with joy in August?

Few questions regarding new U.I. (Which is quickly growing on me) and other smaller features

1) Can we have the ability to hide or only show mod engrams in the engram list? Currently they cause the levels to not appear in order and add bit of spam

2) Could we get it so the light shining from dead bodies disappears if the body is empty? I was farming skins for fun one day and this became a tad of an issue

3) Currently crafting in Equus saddles does seem to work after server restarts. Any fixes?

4) Can we be allowed to fire tranq spears from the ballista? Would add an interesting dimension to them.

Thank You!

Is there any way we can modify the aggro of Troodons to make them target baby Spinos, Rexes, Gigas and other non-typical targets?

Right now everyone just glitches them into biting babies by sitting in a corner with a shield and hoping the Troodon kills them while on Neutral, its not the most effective and doesn't even feel authentic.

Does WC have any plans to ever separate PVP and PVE, where each gamemode has it's own brand of patches and fixes and essentially treating the two gamemodes as seperate entities like they should? It's been a longstanding issue to players who enjoy PVE to have things stripped for 'balance' when it's clearly a PVP balance and isn't heavily needed. (like the heaviness of the flyer nerf, and some dinos being purely PVP centered for example).

Or is ARK doomed to always have PVP be it's only loved child? I feel like it would be an insanely missed opportunity for ARK to become even greater and more diverse if you'd just separate the two modes and give them each their own brand of TLC instead of lumping too clearly different game modes together.

Frankly, I'm of the opinion the Troodon taming mechanic and AI is somewhat incomplete. I also feel that the taming mechanic should be to capture live and tranquilized creatures from the wild and drag them to the Troodon, sort of like how the Hesperornis tames by dragging dead fish to it. It would require implementing the capability to drag unconscious creatures other than humans to the Troodon, but I feel it would not be overly difficult to implement such a option. Players can already drag dead creatures up to (as far as I have seen) the size of a Sarcosuchus. It could be a system where the first unconscious wild creature you drag to the Troodon and have it eat would bind the creature to you for the taming process and it would follow you as you would hunt around for creatures to knock out. Once its taming bar is filled completely, it's yours. That to me seems a far more interesting and unique taming method than the current one and it would still fit within the parameters stated in the dossier.

15 hours ago, Ulta said:

Does WC have any plans to ever separate PVP and PVE, where each gamemode has it's own brand of patches and fixes and essentially treating the two gamemodes as seperate entities like they should? It's been a longstanding issue to players who enjoy PVE to have things stripped for 'balance' when it's clearly a PVP balance and isn't heavily needed. (like the heaviness of the flyer nerf, and some dinos being purely PVP centered for example).

Or is ARK doomed to always have PVP be it's only loved child? I feel like it would be an insanely missed opportunity for ARK to become even greater and more diverse if you'd just separate the two modes and give them each their own brand of TLC instead of lumping too clearly different game modes together.

I agree. Changes should be separated based on what game mode they are principally meant to affect. It's frustrating when the PVP players do something the developers/other players don't agree with or feel is unbalanced, everyone gets punished with hasty changes or bandage fixes that hurt everyone, not just PVPers. Also, I agree that all creatures should be useful in some capacity regardless of the mode you play. That way, no one feels left out. For instance, you can't use a Titanosaurus for base raiding on PVE, so why make it make it a temporary tame on PVE? Make it temporary on official PVP and temporary by default on unofficial PVP, but permanent/customizable on PVE servers and single player games. The same should go for the Liopleurodon and you should have option to enable/disable its loot crate buff if you player solo or run a private server.

1 hour ago, Nch1418 said:

Frankly, I'm of the opinion the Troodon taming mechanic and AI is somewhat incomplete. I also feel that the taming mechanic should be to capture live and tranquilized creatures from the wild and drag them to the Troodon, sort of like how the Hesperornis tames by dragging dead fish to it. It would require implementing the capability to drag unconscious creatures other than humans to the Troodon, but I feel it would not be overly difficult to implement such a option. Players can already drag dead creatures up to (as far as I have seen) the size of a Sarcosuchus. It could be a system where the first unconscious wild creature you drag to the Troodon and have it eat would bind the creature to you for the taming process and it would follow you as you would hunt around for creatures to knock out. Once its taming bar is filled completely, it's yours. That to me seems a far more interesting and unique taming method than the current one and it would still fit within the parameters stated in the dossier.

This is more of a suggestion than anything =P Might wanna put this in the suggestions part of the forums since I see no questions in your post.

Also cheers for agreeing with the separating game modes bit :Jerbhi:

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived