ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, twitchy1992 said:

When the game leaves early access and becomes a "finished" product would it be possible to get translations for all the Explorer notes that aren't in english? I have a hard time translating traditional Chinese and latin. 

Thank you my friend for asking that! I'd like to know what all those notes say because not only do I sadly not speak any of the foreign languages that any of the Mei-Yin, Nerva, and Raia notes are in (ancient Chinese, Roman Latin, and ancient Egyptian respectively), the ARK wiki also hasn't provided translations for some of the more recent Explorer Notes added even after they have been in for a few months.

3 hours ago, LEDminer said:

Will the harpoon gun be enabled on primitive?

I would think so. If it's a simple harpoon gun (like a wood one with simple metal harpoons for ammo), I don't see why not. If it was a modern harpoon gun with semi-auto capability and harpoons made of a metal-inorganic polymer complex material, then that would definitely be a no for Primitive Plus users. We're still waiting for torpedoes to be added to the game. Wonder if they are going to have a separate torpedo launcher or if they are going to simply make the torpedoes a type of underwater ammo for the rocket launcher?

Are there any plans to fix/change the recoiling effect on the assault rifle? When being fired it looks ad if the camera is just being shook around and the effect is quite disorientating. Also as an avid shooter that runs a slidefire/bump stock on my ar15 I have to say that it's very unrealistic and makes using the weapon very grating.

Tldr; the assault rifles recoil animation is inaccurate and annoying to use.

You guys did a really good job with no tame servers. My question is, will there be a solo server with no tribes and no alliances? 

That way even if people try to team up they will get shot by their friends xspecies or auto turret. Plus they couldn't ride each other's Dinos. I am sure they could find a way around it but as long as they have to work a lot harder to do it I would be fine with that. Maybe even make it hardcore

19 hours ago, BrownbeardMSTK said:

Whats with Terra forming? i would love to make my own pool or maybe a giant aquarium in the base.

It was mentioned a while back in a digest that terraforming would require a serious revamp and retooling of the terrain data to allow the Island or the Center's terrain to be changed via in-game items or other settings. If you would like to have your own custom map that has relatively flat terrain, I would recommend creating your own procedurally-generated ARK map. If you go to host/local on the main menu, you should be able to find the button that says create your own procedurally-generated ARK and you can mess around with the settings till you get what you want. Also, if you are looking for an aquarium, may I suggest an underwater base if you have access to the TEK tier items. You might be able to create something out of that. I think they plan to add small fish tanks to the game so you can keep small aquatic creatures like coelacanths and ammonites in your house. Or are you referring to a giant aquarium to house many such small animals/all of your aquatic tames?

13 hours ago, Smekski said:

Will there be more creatures coming for regular ARK ? Or are you at a state where you think you have everything you want creature-wise?

I think there are few more creatures that have yet to be officially revealed and released including two possible bosses, a phoenix and a griffon (likely for Scorched Earth), a gorgonopsid of some species, a giant crab (which I think is of the Cretaceous genus Megaxantho, but I'm not 100% sure), a giant sea lamprey, and at least more two creatures suited to a colder climate, one of which was described in a digest over a year ago by Jeremy Stieglitz as being duck-billed, which makes me think one of them might be Edmontosaurus (since Edmontosaurus fossils have been found in Canada and Alaska in real life), but I'm not sure. I would think they're going to add more creatures after early access is finally wrapped up, probably with one, two, or a few new ones added every so many months apart from each other. Personally, I'd like to see a much bigger map similar to the Island or Center map, but bigger than both put together that can handle a much larger suite of animal species and maybe even support all the animals from the vanilla game and Scorched Earth on the same map. One more thing, they have plans to add alpha variants of some select herbivorous animals and alpha variants of some flying creatures (aside from the alpha fire wyverns that is). Don't know what creatures in these categories they're going to make alpha versions of, but I suspect, given the alphas present now, they would likely be creatures released early in the game's development like Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Brontosaurus, Pteranodon, Argentavis, and Quetzalcoatlus.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived