ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

1 hour ago, Neizan said:

Can we have a Ranked Server System like this? Competitive ARK mode for advanced tribes!!! :DECxilox.png

This idea is for Extintion Servers / Procedural Maps. With this idea you give a breather to the new players. And you give us a long-term mission to the great alpha tribes. Without risk, because play Ranked it's optional.

I want to tell you the inspiration of this idea. It's AINCARD from SWORD ART ONLINE

Aincrad is an iron-and-stone made floating castle that has about ten kilometers floor base diameter and consists of a hundred floors stacking straight upwards, meaning that each floor's diameter is a bit smaller than the previous one. On each floor, there are a couple of large cities along with countless small scale towns and villages, forests, plains, and even lakes. Only one stairway links each floor to another, and the stairways exist beyond the boss room of each Labyrinth. The «Teleport Gates» of every unlocked cities are connected to one another.

It is possible to climb the outer circumference of Aincrad, but trying to climb beyond a floor that has not been unlocked will result in being blocked by a barrier and a visual error.

AY84anF.jpg

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BxSniperBx said:

Will there be vehicles speed boats, gunner planes, or like a dune buggie for SE? (Customizable too?)

Speedboats have been confirmed as well as a more modern take on the raft. As far as the planes and the buggy though, I think they said those could potentially trivialize the need for land and flying creatures. They did have a dune buggy a long time ago, but removed it for the reason I just mentioned. I don't think you can spawn it in even with admin cheats, but maybe there are mods in the Steam Workshop if you are interested in that sort of thing.

On 2/22/2017 at 1:34 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Got a question for the next ARK Digest? Let us know! 

Instead of nerfing the beaver because its a smithy saddle why not give equus the smithy saddle/wieght reduction by 50% and the mortor and pestel? that way the beaver still gets wood like a mad man(which it should plus no smithy saddle and it get the wood buff by 75%) and the equus becomes more desired/useful. In my opinion this is how it should be it just makes more sense.

2 hours ago, twitchy1992 said:

Will we ever se a rebalance/ upgrade to loot drops from beacons? Or maybe an option for server hosts to adjust the loot tables with sliders and such.

I agree. Loot crates need to be reconfigured so they drop quality and level-appropriate gear (e.g. green crates drop ramshackle, blue drops apprentice, purple drops journeyman, yellow drops mastercraft, and red drops ascendant) and only that type of stuff. It would make hunting for better gear more worth a player or tribe's time.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:53 PM, Neizan said:

Can we have some dino to farm Silica Pearls?

That is a nice idea. I thought the Dunkleosteus could, but perhaps I am mistaken. I did a fanmade dossier for the marine reptile Placodus and made it a very efficient silica pearl harvester. If you'd like to see it, I could post it here.

4 hours ago, Neizan said:

Can we have a pole to bind our creatures with a rope? So we could put them in wandering or other things without fear of them leaving.

They have mentioned that on upcoming features page on the wiki as leashes and hitching posts. In parentheses next to it, it says maybe. I think that could work for smaller creatures, but the idea of leashing a dinosaur or a mammoth sounds both impractical and silly. Maybe a better option would be to have a tab in the radial menu of creatures to order them to patrol a set or custom radial area. That could alleviate the problem of creatures left to wandering going off on their own by accident.

4 hours ago, Neizan said:

Can you add the ability to create swimming pool? or some item to do it?

That would be cool. However, that might require them to give us the option to terraform and I think they said that would take a lot more work and programming to make the maps terraforming-capable. But, it's not impossible and actually sounds like a nice aesthetic touch to a survivor's home, maybe with the option to set it to swimming pool in tropical locations and hot tub in colder regions.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, Soulion said:

Will the island map limit and size ever be expanded to allow more land and water?

I think the oceans definitely need some size expansion on The Island. They don't feel big enough to necessarily support all the aquatic animals in them now (especially with the Leedsichthys now in the game). As far as land goes, maybe putting a few more offshore mini-islands in would help with that.

Few things:

Why cant we put industrial forges or tek generators on platform saddles?

You want people to try new methods of farming since the severe quetz nerf and yet we cant turn a bronto into a walking industrial forge....makes no sense.

We can have normal generators on a platform so why not tek ones? Anything to save a few items placed (wiring) has got to be good.

Why doesnt the anky half the weight of obsideon? Its other main use especially with how much polymer tek stuff takes.

Please fix this.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived