Hardest tame

flameskull92

It depends how you qualify "hard." Personally, I find that the Mosa is fairly difficult (very resource intensive, and you're submerged for the entire fight) if you don't have a squid, and Quetzals are fairly tough if you don't have a Quetzal (tho tapejara make it easier). Troodon isn't difficult in the way I think of difficult, but I can see why someone would say that.

So far the tuso has been the hardest tame for me, as it "did not want to be tamed right now" when grabbing my dinos.

Lost my mosa in the process because it turned into a ghost I couldn't interact with and disappeared, and it killed both my high hp turtles because as soon as it lets go it instantly tries to grab it again.

However if you are fortunate the amount of feedings is very small, luckily.

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

So far the tuso has been the hardest tame for me, as it "did not want to be tamed right now" when grabbing my dinos.

Lost my mosa in the process because it turned into a ghost I couldn't interact with and disappeared, and it killed both my high hp turtles because as soon as it lets go it instantly tries to grab it again.

However if you are fortunate the amount of feedings is very small, luckily.

I haven't even thought about taming one of these lol, but yeah they look like there up there with the most difficult tames.

Almost all knock-out tames I'd consider easy - just lure them/carry them into the appropriate cage and then set a timer.  I'd rate almost all underwater tames as harder than land tames in general b/c of the 360 degree nature of the threats in the water.  Nearly everything in the ocean wants to kill you and it's very easy for even large creatures to sneak up on you.  That said, you can still build cages underwater which make many of those tames simple as well.  I'd rate almost all passive tames as the most difficult, not because they are that much harder but because they try my patience to the extent that I'm unlikely to do them.  I tamed two troodons by standing next to baby gigas while blocking with a shield - I'd do that 100 times before i try to tame a gigantopithecus again.

140 Chalicotherium on 1X before rates were increased that aggroed to the pen and would not calm down until we let it out and then proceeded normally to tame. The previous one we tried missed the taming pen box, proceeded to hurl poop at the quetz, attack our base behemoth gates, chased tribemate all over the taming area. We left render three times for a minute each time, came back, still aggroed to us and every structure around it. I grabbed it, flew half a mile into the ocean and dropped it, flew to where I had found him and kidnapped the 140 to tame, returned, actually managed to get him in the taming pen, landed, and immediately got attacked by the one I had dumped in the ocean! I fixed him though. I quetzal snatched him again and dropped him into the lava on skull island. He did not return from that.

Has to be a tie between the 150 Tuso I did on my private while losing a couple turtles and a Mosa, and way way back when Ark was first released on Xbox, I actually walked around for almost 5 hours shoving Mejo berries up a Gigantopithecus' butt. It was a level 100 to be fair and thought it was more than worth it, and didn't know about Kibble.

All I can say is, Never doing that again without Kibble, and the Tuso encounter.. man that was just intense all around. I got the Tuso, never got the Giganto, pain in the butt.

8 hours ago, flameskull92 said:

Hardest tame

im curious to find out what people think is the hardest tame in ark currently, from my personal experience is has to be the troodon

Hatch a lower level wyvern, like 110, imprint it,  keep the baby in a tiny dino pen, drop a troodon in there and wait. you could go in there too and most likely die, but it helps with the troodon agro, they are still tough, but as along as you got all the tools necessary it can be quite smooth

3 minutes ago, Wonsch said:

Hatch a lower level wyvern, like 110, imprint it,  keep the baby in a tiny dino pen, drop a troodon in there and wait. you could go in there too and most likely die, but it helps with the troodon agro, they are still tough, but as along as you got all the tools necessary it can be quite smooth

Also, punching the wyvern to near death hastens the taming process, all that matters is that the Troodon gets the final hit to kill

10 hours ago, flameskull92 said:

Hardest tame

im curious to find out what people think is the hardest tame in ark currently, from my personal experience is has to be the troodon

Without a doubt the Titanosaur at the minimum you use up 21 cannon balls which have to hit its head.. while its moving... but no one tames Titanosaurs

2 hours ago, Chrono said:

Manta sucks, its so easy for it to just go above water for 10 seconds and die after you spent 2 hours trying to tame it

The Kapro can carry the Manta (In pvp only thanks ark) making it a lot easier to tame em three dino gates can hold it still in a sweet spot of shallow water

Therizinos have some pretty hard-to-get kibble on Official Servers (Megalosaurs disappear from caves completely), and Dimetrodons are obnoxious with their low max/high drop Torpor, The worst two to do solo are the Quetzal, and far worse is the Tusoteuthis. Troodons are a stupid tame, but with two high level spinos, you can get an egg that can easily tame a 150 (provided you trick the Troodon into killing the baby).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived