Most Annoying Creature

Pachycephalosaurus

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Titanosaur thing is a useless menace.

meant to be the ark equivalent of a nuke too bad it if its being hit by too many turrents it cant damage anything, too much of a headache to tame for something thats gonna die in 24 hours your better off using the typical PVP dozen giga and quetzals with battle ptera and wyverns peppered in. Ive seen maybe one video of people trying to use the stupid creature in a real PVP scenario and the Titan got stuck on a stone behemoth gate and was quickly worn down by turrets plant-x and mounted pteranodons this video was even before scortched earth so today the titanosaur would be even more easily countered. Neh right now its only real purpose is to grief people on PVE.

30 minutes ago, maze said:

Totally agree with Troodons and Pegos, more the Pegos, tho.

It's super annoying to go and hunt them to get my canteen back and if can't get them they always steal ammo next. 

One attacked me and stole my veggie cakes. Killed it and found out that it already ate one!

3 hours ago, perk8504 said:

pegos...pegos pegos pegos

I can carry stims, level fortitude, and have good armor to help against troodons...but pegos, nothing you can do, except hope you see which direction they went after blind siding you

Actually a good tip. Keep something like seeds in your last hot box. That's where the Pego always steals from.

Ever since a particularly nasty situation where a Troodon glitched into enclosed raft, definitely the Troodon. I had to break the walls to get to the little monster, then she just bounced for the shore, only to be waiting there with her Troodon buddies when I came to kill her. In my haste I'd forgotten my stimulants, and well lights out for me. Respawn at raft bed only for them to manage to aggro me again and I have to book it out of the area to keep from getting the whole pack in the raft through the hole I created to let the first one out.

Never felt more like this guy:

1295287513-clever-girl.jpg

I'd have to say the most annoying creature in ark is any creature that stops me moving forwards....

I'm on my anky and a parasaur walks into my path and gets stuck on me... I'm trying to get to some part of my base and I keep on getting pushed back because I get hit in the face multiple times by raptor tails...

I knock out a large dino while riding my tame...  Dino falls over asleep...  I am suddenly smothered by 20 tonnes of animal and I find either my ride or myself unable to move...

I accidentally whistle follow all...  After the stampeding dust settles, I find I can't move and I'm getting the biggest most annoying group hug by all my devotees...  lol (why did I hit that button ! )

Pego. Try dealing with one of these with no tames. I'm playing the no tame experimental on Scorched Earth, and it is the thing I watch for the most.

The Pegomastax lvl 1 has 200 health and gains 40 per level, so level 60 would have 2560. Compared to something you would expect to be like 10x more powerful, the Thorny Dragon has 260 at lvl 1 and gains 52 per level, so a level 60 has 3328. 77% the health of a Thorny Dragon.

For such a small creature, and considering that you must kill this thing to get your stuff back, this is a lot to kill it. They are a very small target, really hard to hit with a fire arrow. I typically use more arrows on this guy than to kill a thorny dragon. The pego also tends to run off and you never get your stuff back.

I store my food typically in the 0 slot, which it usually steals. Now if I'm far from my base, I'm without food unless I gather more. This small little guy could end up causing you to die. When you have a tame, you can usually avoid these guys or have backup stuff in your tame to replace what it steals. Not so when you have no tames. Also with a tame, it is a lot easier to chase down and kill.

2 hours ago, wildbill said:

Pego. Try dealing with one of these with no tames. I'm playing the no tame experimental on Scorched Earth, and it is the thing I watch for the most.

The Pegomastax lvl 1 has 200 health and gains 40 per level, so level 60 would have 2560. Compared to something you would expect to be like 10x more powerful, the Thorny Dragon has 260 at lvl 1 and gains 52 per level, so a level 60 has 3328. 77% the health of a Thorny Dragon.

For such a small creature, and considering that you must kill this thing to get your stuff back, this is a lot to kill it. They are a very small target, really hard to hit with a fire arrow. I typically use more arrows on this guy than to kill a thorny dragon. The pego also tends to run off and you never get your stuff back.

I store my food typically in the 0 slot, which it usually steals. Now if I'm far from my base, I'm without food unless I gather more. This small little guy could end up causing you to die. When you have a tame, you can usually avoid these guys or have backup stuff in your tame to replace what it steals. Not so when you have no tames. Also with a tame, it is a lot easier to chase down and kill.

Decent melee and a decent pike I can usually corner and stab them to death, but definitely would be the most annoying if I had to shoot them to get gear back.

Archived