breeding Question about breeding

s710

Question about breeding

I have read several statements about this, and as of yet im still unsure of how all this works. What I understood:

- Childs will inherit the best stat of both their parents with a 70% chance
- The stats of the child will determine its level

What i dont understand, however, is, if the stats are determined after leveling them, or after taming/breeding (without any points put into them). If only the "raw" stats without level ups are considered, how can I find out what the "best stat" of a dino is, when a rex is having e.g. 5000 food, 200 melee and 10000 hp?

Also, aren't we bound to breed dinos which will have at maximum of any given stat the actual wild maximum of this given stat? That is, we can never get beyond of what lives in the wild except that we can get dinos which will have the best "wild value" in each of the stats?

I have some theris which I leveled to 40k health (mother) and 700 melee (father), but im afraid this was totally useless?

For breeding, only the stats right after taming (or hatching for babies) count. A good way is to create folders in the dino's inventory right after taming, writing down all post-tame stats this way.

The level ups and imprint will not affect the next generation.

You can't get stats beyond the best wild stats, except for mutations.

Leveling the Dino does nothing for breeding. The stats it had right after taming counts.

For this very reason we usually dont level tamed dinos at all, they are bad compared to bred ones anyway. This way it is easier to get the base values.

If you want to breed for very high levels you need to tame i.e. a Rex that has most of his stat points distributed in just one stat with another rex that has most stat points put into another stat and hope you get them combined. #1 Rex has 10khp, #2 rex has 400% dmg -> you wish for a baby with both.

We tame only 5% of the dinos we tranq, we often find high level dinos, tranq them, see the stat distribution and only tame it if it benefits our line of breeding.

You can go beyond what lives in the wild now due to mutations.

Leveling your Theris was worthless from a breeding point of view but hey, use it against the broodmother to tank =)

if you want to breed lots of generations note everything.  my figures below are assumed you found a 150 and did the highest tame you can (kibble..raw meat..etc)

after its tamed, name it the stats, for easy noting. 

a Male Rex, 9k health, 1800 stamina, 340% to attack.  should be named:

GEN1 M H9000 S1800 A340

when you breed them and the baby comes out with better stats (im making up stats to give you the idea)

GEN2 M H1000 S2000 A400

and keep moving up generations.

when you want to mass produce a blood line then keep 1 male and 3-4 females in a set pen, never move them in and out and produce tons of eggs.

if you have some baby's that dont make the cut, you shall name the "THE UNSULLIED"  :D

6 hours ago, Grimlock98 said:

if you want to breed lots of generations note everything.  my figures below are assumed you found a 150 and did the highest tame you can (kibble..raw meat..etc)

after its tamed, name it the stats, for easy noting. 

a Male Rex, 9k health, 1800 stamina, 340% to attack.  should be named:

GEN1 M H9000 S1800 A340

when you breed them and the baby comes out with better stats (im making up stats to give you the idea)

GEN2 M H1000 S2000 A400

and keep moving up generations.

when you want to mass produce a blood line then keep 1 male and 3-4 females in a set pen, never move them in and out and produce tons of eggs.

if you have some baby's that dont make the cut, you shall name the "THE UNSULLIED"  :D

Must the babies go neuter or spade anothet baby before joining your army, Grime Pot 98?

(Tried to give you an unsullied name )

Archived