Any tips for undoing the dino knot?

Jtmorris

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Jtmorris said:

So anyone have any tips on untangling the mess of rexes once they teleport to the boss arena? 

We brought 21 rexes and could only get 3 loose. It was a mess.  Any tips? 

Yup, only take 20 dinos. This might be why there's meant to be a limit because of this sort of mess. Not sure.

1 hour ago, Jtmorris said:

So anyone have any tips on untangling the mess of rexes once they teleport to the boss arena? 

We brought 21 rexes and could only get 3 loose. It was a mess.  Any tips? 

Depending on how many people you take in it. You should sort out follow orders before entering. 

Have one Rex follow each person and the other Rexes follow first ones and so on, sort of like caravan. 

Then when you enter have the players move away from each other and the tames should still be following each person and the other ones behind them. 

Last time we went in on the center we had four peeps with 2 Rexes and an Allo each. Worked like a charm this way. 

The same goes as well when you're about to exit the arena. 

7 hours ago, maze said:

Depending on how many people you take in it. You should sort out follow orders before entering. 

Have one Rex follow each person and the other Rexes follow first ones and so on, sort of like caravan. 

Then when you enter have the players move away from each other and the tames should still be following each person and the other ones behind them. 

Last time we went in on the center we had four peeps with 2 Rexes and an Allo each. Worked like a charm this way. 

The same goes as well when you're about to exit the arena. 

Thanks I'll give that a shot 

So we just fought the megapithacus last night and used a combination of things that seemed to work. My wife used the whip while I hopped on one in the mass and started whistling them to a location ahead. As she whipped I was able to pull them apart one at a time. At two points we got an extra one out at the same time. There was still 4 stuck when the boss arrived and started to attack, but the last 4 came apart fairly easily. 

Thanks for the tips everyone! 

• 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, maze said:

Good idea to use whistle groups. Never used those as I'm afraid to forget which group is selected opposed to which tames I'm riding. 

In the tame ordering menu it gives you a list of all Dino's in that group so as long as you set yourself to the proper group you won't have any issues. We usually sort out who is what group right at the obelisk before we go in and I usually put a painted saddle or a bone rex skin on the rex I am going to ride into the fight so I don't even have to look at the names. 

Well my tribe has a simple solution.  Before the boss fight I have all my players have their rex on follow they stand under it in the circle.  WE launch the boss fight.  When you spawn in the arena your rex is still following you, now everyone runs apart and the dinos split nicely.  JUMP ON AND WRECK THE BOSS :)

Remember Reputation = love! :)

You don't have to beg for rep, You have to offer solutions.

What you described may work for the Broodmother but you'll still lose precious seconds if not the fight at all. 

Either half of your Rexes fall down the bridge (Broodmother), you will get killed by a thrown rock (Megapithicus) or none of your Rexes will follow you up the cliff (Dragon)

Archived