"Wild" Rafts in PVE and You...

vowels

So my main server has been hovering at or just below tame cap for several weeks now. Yesterday we came across "wild" rafts, name in yellow. I was determined to figure out how to rid the shores of them. Here is what I found.

Rafts have 20k hp. Get yourself a scuba tank, the best quality hatchet you can find and a magnifying glass. I tried crossbow, mc sword and jm hatchet. Also tried from standing on top of raft and from the underside.

Equip your scuba tank, swim under raft and hatchet away!

MC Sword did 67 dmg from crouching on top and 67 dmg from the underside.

JM hatchet did 57 dmg from standing on top BUT 100 dmg from the underside!

BOOM "wild" raft problem solved!

<3 vowels

19 minutes ago, vowels said:

So my main server has been hovering at or just below tame cap for several weeks now. Yesterday we came across "wild" rafts, name in yellow. I was determined to figure out how to rid the shores of them. Here is what I found.

Rafts have 20k hp. Get yourself a scuba tank, the best quality hatchet you can find and a magnifying glass. I tried crossbow, mc sword and jm hatchet. Also tried from standing on top of raft and from the underside.

Equip your scuba tank, swim under raft and hatchet away!

MC Sword did 67 dmg from crouching on top and 67 dmg from the underside.

JM hatchet did 57 dmg from standing on top BUT 100 dmg from the underside!

BOOM "wild" raft problem solved!

<3 vowels

What are you talking about? You can't destroy another player's raft in PVE. Did you mean PVP?

31 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

She's talking about rafts that were placed while the server was tame capped, and thus nobody owned them.

Hmm, don't get it. Never heard of that. When the server is tame capped, rafts are placed?

Never been on a server that was tame capped, so maybe there is something about that I don't understand.

Does a raft count as a tame? Doesn't seem like it would.

Maybe I need to sleep on this and your explanation will make perfect sense :)

Rafts count as tames. And when you place one on a server that is capped, it isn't claimed to you, and can't be claimed by anyone. It is a Wild Raft. Can't be claimed because it was placed while the server was capped, but it still counts (I think, not something that can really be tested easily) toward the cap.

1 hour ago, vanyelxp5 said:

Rafts count as tames. And when you place one on a server that is capped, it isn't claimed to you, and can't be claimed by anyone. It is a Wild Raft. Can't be claimed because it was placed while the server was capped, but it still counts (I think, not something that can really be tested easily) toward the cap.

I kind of get what you mean, but we're still talking about PVE, do we?

I've never heard that you can destroy anything build and/or tamed, even if it's 'unclaimed'. 

Or do they count as 'wild animals' in that case? If so they wouldn't count for the tame limit. 

2 hours ago, maze said:

I kind of get what you mean, but we're still talking about PVE, do we?

I've never heard that you can destroy anything build and/or tamed, even if it's 'unclaimed'. 

Or do they count as 'wild animals' in that case? If so they wouldn't count for the tame limit. 

Yes we are talking about PVE. Normally rafts count towards tame limit. But if your server is at tame cap, and someone tries to place a raft, it is "wild". Meaning it cant be used by anyone, is claimable by noone and its it just says "raft" in yellow, thus I say "wild" raft because wild dinos names are in yellow as well. I also thought it was going to be impossible to kill it, but I did! :D

Archived