Rock Elemental or Doedi at gathering stone

Lego

depends. doedic can be carried by wyvs/quetzals so you can easily and quickly transport it between clusters of nodes and your base. we used golems in conjunction with weight paracers on scorched before the borders were opened. did the job just fine too :) 

basically, both work. your map, location and used creature stats matter.

51 minutes ago, Kallor said:

Don't gather stone and transport it, fill the golem with thatch and build stone structures on the fly since it gathers wood and stone easily.  Have something follow for carrying the made structures.

Gonna have to agree heavily with this. A typical base farming routine back on the PVE server I use yo play on usually includes a good doedic for stone, either a mammoth or beaver for wood and thatch, and a paracer or two to carry the completed building pieces.

Its alot quicker to build on the go, rather than gather and transfer to the base.

4 hours ago, Kallor said:

Don't gather stone and transport it, fill the golem with thatch and build stone structures on the fly since it gathers wood and stone easily.  Have something follow for carrying the made structures.

I do this myself with a doedic and mammoth no need for more really if weight stats are good on mammoth :)

8 hours ago, Kallor said:

This is how I do it.  Can make at least 100 walls before having to unload into the following bronto.  At higher levels the golem beats any doed.

3 hours ago, sal said:

Why even bother with stone?  Metal is easy to get and paste comes free with snails. So you only haven to farm one resource compared to 3 for stone. 

Last time i build somethin out of stone was a long time ago,  its usually more work than building in metal strait away... 

In PVE, stone can be used instead of metal for aesthetic considerations :)

Mantis. Only creature I can make a 1.6 million stone structure city with on Official in two weeks. Having 2200 weight and ability to gather 10k thatch and wood in 2-3 mins, then farm stone and build as I'm farming. I value it far, far, far more than my Doed, Golem, Beaver, Bronto and Elk, all of which are max level kibble tame.

Mantis made them obsolete. 

10 hours ago, Darkintellect said:

Mantis. Only creature I can make a 1.6 million stone structure city with on Official in two weeks. Having 2200 weight and ability to gather 10k thatch and wood in 2-3 mins, then farm stone and build as I'm farming. I value it far, far, far more than my Doed, Golem, Beaver, Bronto and Elk, all of which are max level kibble tame.

Mantis made them obsolete. 

Might try mantis but what is the tool level you're using i have only journeyman pick and hatchet

14 hours ago, sal said:

Why even bother with stone?  Metal is easy to get and paste comes free with snails. So you only haven to farm one resource compared to 3 for stone. 

Last time i build somethin out of stone was a long time ago,  its usually more work than building in metal strait away... 

10 hours ago, Darkbibou said:

In PVE, stone can be used instead of metal for aesthetic considerations :)

True to that i'm playing PvE but the metal idea doesn't sound to bad too gonna start taming snail so i can upgrade from stone to metal later on

17 hours ago, perk8504 said:

I pulled 1800 cementing paste fairly quickly this morning from beaver dams on the center...just an fyi, don't need a snail

I'll keep that in mind tamed 2 snail just now and they produce 200 paste every hour i play on the island and hidden lake is already built on so finding dam become a bit challenging sometime and when you do find em all that's left is wood

Thanks for the idea appreciate it

Archived