Breeding Questions again

mighty

Breeding Questions again

So I'm breeding my argies and I'm now about 3 or 4 generations in, which ones should I be killing in the line so a don't end up with loads of them trying to get mutation. And should I still be be breeding the likes of great granny Witherspoon great grandson etc or just keep breeding th highest hatching and kill the lows.

I have no clue.

Look at stat allocation. If you breed argent 1 (female) with high stam and hp with argent 2 (male) with high weight and melee, you might get a bird with all 4 of these high stats. However, you might not. In the case that you don't, you would go back and breed for missing stats. For example, if the cross I mentioned before yields a female bird (let's call it argent 3) with the mother's stam (high), the mother's hp (high), the father's weight (high), and the mother's melee (low), you would want take that female and cross it back with it's father. You would do this because it decreases the number of stats you are "fishing" for. This is because argent 3 already has the father's (argent 2) weight stat, so when you cross her back with her father, the resulting bird (argent 4) will be guaranteed to have this high weight stat.** In addition to having a locked stat when breeding with argent 2, argent 3 also took both of the high stats of her mother, argent 1. At this point, you can do one of two things with argent 1, A) You could go ahead and cross argent 1 with argent 2 again in hopes of getting a bird that has all of their high stats combined into one bird (not a bad idea, because you really have nothing to lose). B) You can go ahead and cut argent 1 from the breeding line because you have already successfully extracted its high stats into another, better bird. (Usually, at least in my opinion, it is better to wait to do this until you have a male/female combination with all the stats from agent 1). Once you have a bird (or preferably a male/female combo so you can lock all of these stats) with all of argent 1's high stats, and argent 2's high stats, argent 5, (taking into account that in my example I only accounted for 4 of the possible 7 stats) you are done with argent 1 and argent 2 in your breeding line. You can now kill them, or sell them. Unless they have some fun color mutation that you want to work into a breeding line, you're done with them. You can now take argent 5 and cross it with something that has a higher stat allocation in another stat. Remember, you aren't done with a bird until you have extracted all of its high stats out of it.

Another thing to note, (and some people may think you're crazy for it) don't discount breeding your birds with birds that have high oxy and "speed" (wasted wild points). No your bird will never been a deep sea diver, or even a kiddie pool diver for that matter, but a high oxy stat increase the overall level of your bird. Same with the wasted wild point allocation. These points may not have added any stats to the bird when it was wild, but it did add levels. So if you have a bird that had 30 "wasted" wild points and you cross it with a bird that had 12 "wasted" wild points, you could get a bird with 18 more levels compared to if the bird took the 12 point speed stat. You won't see a stat increase from these levels (wild dinos that allocate points to speed don't gain any increases from it, hence why many people call it a "wasted" point) but the levels are there.

Lastly, if you didn't already know this, when breeding, new breeds ONLY pull from the stat allocation of its parents immediately after tame. Meaning any levels you put into your birds stats will NOT be reflected in future generations. The same goes for imprint bonuses. Breeds will only pull from pre-imprinted stats.

**Mutations can alter stats, so if you get bird that has a stat that you didn't expect, check it's mutations.

Hope this help. =)

32 minutes ago, solreaver said:

Look at stat allocation. If you breed argent 1 (female) with high stam and hp with argent 2 (male) with high weight and melee, you might get a bird with all 4 of these high stats. However, you might not. In the case that you don't, you would go back and breed for missing stats. For example, if the cross I mentioned before yields a female bird (let's call it argent 3) with the mother's stam (high), the mother's hp (high), the father's weight (high), and the mother's melee (low), you would want take that female and cross it back with it's father. You would do this because it decreases the number of stats you are "fishing" for. This is because argent 3 already has the father's (argent 2) weight stat, so when you cross her back with her father, the resulting bird (argent 4) will be guaranteed to have this high weight stat.** In addition to having a locked stat when breeding with argent 2, argent 3 also took both of the high stats of her mother, argent 1. At this point, you can do one of two things with argent 1, A) You could go ahead and cross argent 1 with argent 2 again in hopes of getting a bird that has all of their high stats combined into one bird (not a bad idea, because you really have nothing to lose). B) You can go ahead and cut argent 1 from the breeding line because you have already successfully extracted its high stats into another, better bird. (Usually, at least in my opinion, it is better to wait to do this until you have a male/female combination with all the stats from agent 1). Once you have a bird (or preferably a male/female combo so you can lock all of these stats) with all of argent 1's high stats, and argent 2's high stats, argent 5, (taking into account that in my example I only accounted for 4 of the possible 7 stats) you are done with argent 1 and argent 2 in your breeding line. You can now kill them, or sell them. Unless they have some fun color mutation that you want to work into a breeding line, you're done with them. You can now take argent 5 and cross it with something that has a higher stat allocation in another stat. Remember, you aren't done with a bird until you have extracted all of its high stats out of it.

Another thing to note, (and some people may think you're crazy for it) don't discount breeding your birds with birds that have high oxy and "speed" (wasted wild points). No your bird will never been a deep sea diver, or even a kiddie pool diver for that matter, but a high oxy stat increase the overall level of your bird. Same with the wasted wild point allocation. These points may not have added any stats to the bird when it was wild, but it did add levels. So if you have a bird that had 30 "wasted" wild points and you cross it with a bird that had 12 "wasted" wild points, you could get a bird with 18 more levels compared to if the bird took the 12 point speed stat. You won't see a stat increase from these levels (wild dinos that allocate points to speed don't gain any increases from it, hence why many people call it a "wasted" point) but the levels are there.

Lastly, if you didn't already know this, when breeding, new breeds ONLY pull from the stat allocation of its parents immediately after tame. Meaning any levels you put into your birds stats will NOT be reflected in future generations. The same goes for imprint bonuses. Breeds will only pull from pre-imprinted stats.

**Mutations can alter stats, so if you get bird that has a stat that you didn't expect, check it's mutations.

Hope this help. =)

Great detailed information and now I have my head around it. Thanks very much ?

I have one thing to add here.

I don't keep any males that have the same stats that the males I already have, unless they get a better stat along with the old ones. 

You basically only need one male that will serve all females. (sounds fun, I know)

The opposite goes for females. Due to breeding interval limitations it's better to keep females that have stats that you already have, because that's one more female that you could mate for a chance of a 'better baby'. 

Also, I don't kill any birds unless I have one male and female hatched that have all good stats +more. 

I did I mistake a few weeks back where I killed all my unwanted males and when I went back into my hatchery, I stood there with 10 females. 

I'm a hoarder, I dint kill any babies that hatch over 150 tame and tend to keep all my older generations

My excuse is that I play PvP and having a ton of backups is always good for if we get raided and need the dinos on standby

In reality, I just dint want to give anything away or kill dinos I don't need anymore, I'm currently sitting on 8 generations of Pteradons and keep breeding, I have I think 13 from the same stock atm and plan to add, and don't even get me started on Rexes 

10 minutes ago, maze said:

I have one thing to add here.

I don't keep any males that have the same stats that the males I already have, unless they get a better stat along with the old ones. 

You basically only need one male that will serve all females. (sounds fun, I know)

The opposite goes for females. Due to breeding interval limitations it's better to keep females that have stats that you already have, because that's one more female that you could mate for a chance of a 'better baby'. 

Also, I don't kill any birds unless I have one male and female hatched that have all good stats +more. 

I did I mistake a few weeks back where I killed all my unwanted males and when I went back into my hatchery, I stood there with 10 females. 

I just noticed that I have the best stats of the original pair in my bred males and females, should I just keep breeding and hope for a mutation.. do u have a better chance keeping inbreeding or should I tame more with better stats in other areas and introduce it to the line.  I really want a colour mute :)

11 minutes ago, Flaminraptors said:

I'm a hoarder, I dint kill any babies that hatch over 150 tame and tend to keep all my older generations

My excuse is that I play PvP and having a ton of backups is always good for if we get raided and need the dinos on standby

In reality, I just dint want to give anything away or kill dinos I don't need anymore, I'm currently sitting on 8 generations of Pteradons and keep breeding, I have I think 13 from the same stock atm and plan to add, and don't even get me started on Rexes 

LOL I'm a hoarder aswell but I hit the Dino limit a while back so trying to not to do it again as a lost out on a 150 quetz:).

Plus the downside of PVE you don't lose very much, but I suppose I could ship dinos off to another  base on another server :)

Mutations are totally random. There's no higher chance when inbreeding. That's your choice. 

If you are on an official server, you could of course tame more for better stats. But it takes quite some time, firstly find more 140-150s and secondly tame them to see if they have higher stats. 

On top of that everything starts fresh when you have a higher stat or two you want to breed into your existing stock. 

1 hour ago, mighty said:

I just noticed that I have the best stats of the original pair in my bred males and females, should I just keep breeding and hope for a mutation.. do u have a better chance keeping inbreeding or should I tame more with better stats in other areas and introduce it to the line.  I really want a colour mute :)

LOL I'm a hoarder aswell but I hit the Dino limit a while back so trying to not to do it again as a lost out on a 150 quetz:).

Plus the downside of PVE you don't lose very much, but I suppose I could ship dinos off to another  base on another server :)

My tribe hit tame limit last week, so we set up a farm tribe for our 80 or so egg dinos, think we may be approaching it again after 'breeding week' though 

Archived