Unlisted and Useful Hotkeys

DefectiveSupport

Unlisted and Useful Hotkeys

Since a bunch of UI / Game Hotkeys have been asked about, here is a list of useful hotkeys that might not be known about:

1)  <x> to brake on flyers. 

2)  <o> while mouseover to drop items

3)  <t> while mouseover to transfer items

a) Ctrl+T transfers 1 item at a time from a stack  

b) Shift+T transfers 1/2 the stack at a time

4)  <home> Alliance Chat

5)  <end> Toggle dino nameplates

6)  Right <Shift> - Toggle sprint

7)  Press Alt-<number> - repair item on hotbar if there is enough resources. 

I'll try to add any more that are thought of to the list.

would love something similar for PS4. we discovered after a month that SQUARE would open an inventory of a dino or any furniture.... When for a month we had to press TRIANGLE and select "open inventory". Was a life changer....

And a few days ago, discovered R2 makes your dino eat what you highlight in its inventory...

If there are more shortcuts like those on PS4 we need to know.

7 minutes ago, zeanclodeduz said:

would love something similar for PS4. we discovered after a month that SQUARE would open an inventory of a dino or any furniture.... When for a month we had to press TRIANGLE and select "open inventory". Was a life changer....

And a few days ago, discovered R2 makes your dino eat what you highlight in its inventory...

If there are more shortcuts like those on PS4 we need to know.

Also hold circle to open option wheel, hold x to transfer stuff between inventorys, l1 + down to use group whistles.

id really like to see l2 uses instead of holding x as this takes rather long to transfer stuff. Would also love to be able to use mouse and keyboard but oh well lol 

7 minutes ago, Pommer said:

Also hold circle to open option wheel, hold x to transfer stuff between inventorys, l1 + down to use group whistles.

id really like to see l2 uses instead of holding x as this takes rather long to transfer stuff. Would also love to be able to use mouse and keyboard but oh well lol 

Yup, knew about those.

But really what the UI lacks is some comfort. Like, on PS4, putting a filter on an inventory will often make the transfer all option not work. Why not have a standard button "transfer all of selected item" ? Would already make life way easier. 

Also, i dont get the weight limit when emptying a dino or something.... Especially as there s the cheap trick of throwing stuff on the ground to break that limitation. Just allow us to be as heavy as we want... I mean, if i'm 200/200 weight i cant move. What s the issue in letting me just be 2500/200 ? Aside from me not having to open an inventory, grag 400 metal, empty myself, reopen inventory etc....

1 hour ago, Pommer said:

Read op, they mention right shift is toggle run 

That's not what they meant. Left shift is 'hold to run', right shift is 'toggle run' so you don't have to hold left shift all the time. 

What they meant is 'auto run' so you don't have to press anything. 

Quote by @Pommer

---

L2 drops the currently highlighted stack/item. 

Just now, maze said:

That's not what they meant. Left shift is 'hold to run', right shift is 'toggle run' so you don't have to hold left shift all the time. 

What they meant is 'auto run' so you don't have to press anything. 

Ah ok my bad, what would be the purpose? I could see that get very annoying when say navigating a trechourous (no idea how to spell like) part of a cave or mountain ect 

2 minutes ago, Pommer said:

Ah ok my bad, what would be the purpose? I could see that get very annoying when say navigating a trechourous (no idea how to spell like) part of a cave or mountain ect 

Maybe if you need to fly from the snow to herb island and need to go to the bathroom? lol :D

I also edited my post above with a quote of yours. 

36 minutes ago, Pommer said:

I just used to jam a credit card inbeyween w and 3 lol 

ok r1 then haha anything just so I could tap instead of hold x 

L1 and R1 switch between crafting and inventory menus. They could make it though, that only one of those buttons switch back and fourth and the other one is then used to transfer immediately. 

Might be worth a suggestion in the 'updated ui discussion' thread. 

9 hours ago, Daedros said:

What is really needed, is an "auto run" key. One that will keep you moving forward without having to hold down the W key.

I do this by bringing up the wheel menu and selecting emotes then you will keep flying straight until u select an emote or back out the menu sort of like an argy cruise control 

Archived