transfer to another ark not working on cluster

joebywan

transfer to another ark not working on cluster

I setup a cluster, and can manually transmit all the items/creatures then download on one of the other cluster servers.

The issue is that using the "Transfer to another Ark" button brings up the server browser, uploads the character, but connecting to the next server doesn't get past submitting the password.  I'm forced to exit to main menu & go download the survivor on the next server.

I've been told it may be because I'm on the same lan, I've not had a chance to test outside the lan yet.

Any ideas/suggestions?

We have got a 3 Map Cluster running. Access is granted through whitlisting:

list SteamID's in AllowPlayerToJoinNoCheck.txt file

You can just add one steam64-id per line or remarks preceded by # plus seperate lines with steam64-ids. The file has to be put unter ../Shootergame/Binaries/Linux/ (Shootergame/Binaries/Win64) AND the param "-exclusivejoin" has to be added in your startserver.sh (startserver.bat) to the ShooterGameServer Call. It is a bit confusing that this access-file needs this place to work. ../Shootergame/Saved/ is the right place for your AllowedCheaterSteamIDs.txt (list of steam64-ids of admin users - listed here removes the need for "enablecheats <admin-pwd>" - commands however must still be preceded by "cheat").

Hope that helps

guzman

edit: Many of our transfers are still interrupted by the "Reliable Outgoing Buffer Overflow" Error - but this does not seem to be related to access problems. (Tested with and without pw/accesslist).

I have the same problem with my cluster. If password is on (and we must have this) we cannot cross travel (stuck after entering password). If password is off, cross travel works fine. Whitelisting and manually enter the steam ID for those who can play on the server is a big hassle and I hope the developers adress the problem with the password protected cluster servers.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Gumballz said:

@joebywan @Shornshade  

You can add 

-exclusivejoin

to your launch command.

You can then remove your password and add player Steam ID's to PlayersExclusiveJoinList.txt

Save this file in  ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/    (or ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/)

Server password may prevents you from joining, but is it also possible it totally prevents you from even seeying the servers at all in the list? (even with show password protected servers enabled?)

8 hours ago, Windsinger said:

Server password may prevents you from joining, but is it also possible it totally prevents you from even seeying the servers at all in the list? (even with show password protected servers enabled?)

If you don't have the *locked* checked in the bottom right hand corner.. yes.  Other than that, no

Archived