Did you know WC is cutting tribes to 400 tames in 2 days???

Vad

9 hours ago, ogwrestlerx said:

Really? People are complaining about a Dino cap of 400 Dino's? That's an insane amount, why would anyone need that much anyways

Per TRIBE.  There are 7 active players in our tribe, thats 57 dino's each.  Combine the kibble requirements and the shear number of dinos required when breeding (within a reasonable timeframe) along with personal tames, boss fights etc and 57 vanishes in the blink of an eye without hardly scratching the surface.  No doubt all those tribes with 1 or maybe 2 people wont notice or care, but its a pretty anti-social limit and will simply fragment tribes.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, eESTlane said:

but what pisses me off though is their lack of communication here. why the actual fudge haven't i seen anything on this "marvelous" forum? half the news i'm getting on wiki main page twitter feed. is this ridiculous or is this ridiculous? :S

This statement is why I gave the rep point. If it's going to be rolled out in the next update, it need to be either put in the mostly used forums (this one branches to all platforms, where as Steam is PC...leaving XBox and PS4 players out of the loop) OR they could put something like that on the main page of Ark, where they used to put all big news with the note at the end to 'see patch notes for more details.'

Also, yes, the big thing should be the fact it was stated PvE only. I've said it before, and I'll make it clear again: It's not that PvE players don't kill off their dinos. Some don't granted, but there are quite a lot who are actually nice people who will kill off a big amount of dinos. (I recall at least 3 tribes that have culled 150+ dinos in one day when we were informed of how close we were to the server cap). Another problem is people from other servers storing their dinos on other PvE servers so they don't have to kill them...for whatever reason. It's a problem, yes, but not everyone on PvE is part of the problem. (This is more towards the people who believe PvE players just collect dinos and that's it.)

Now as to the tribe cap of 400. That in my opinion is more than reasonable. When I first started this game, as a naked, thatch building survivor, my goal was to have a m/f pair of every available taming dino. Hearing how some have like 20+ of each dino just blows my mind. I understand why someone may go to this length, trying for the stat/mutation they want. However, asking them to first kill off any dino they don't need before breeding, and/or hatching, is perfectly acceptable. Out of all those dinos of one type, all of them are exactly what you want? Doubt it...and if so, then stop breeding.

2 hours ago, Kallor said:

Per TRIBE.  There are 7 active players in our tribe, thats 57 dino's each.  Combine the kibble requirements and the shear number of dinos required when breeding (within a reasonable timeframe) along with personal tames, boss fights etc and 57 vanishes in the blink of an eye without hardly scratching the surface.  No doubt all those tribes with 1 or maybe 2 people wont notice or care, but its a pretty anti-social limit and will simply fragment tribes.

Excuse me for adding a second post here, but I forgot to give my thoughts on this.

Kallor, 400 per tribe is REASONABLE. You're a tribe, there is no '57 dinos each.' All dinos belong to the tribe; you want dinos just for you, your use only, then become a 1 man tribe. Most tribes on my server are 2 person tribes, with maybe 1 or 2 having more tribemates that pop on now and then. Not a single one of them complains about only having 'X amount per player.' It's a TRIBE cap...if you have 57 of your favorite dinos that you don't let anyone use, then maybe you're not using the tribe mentality. Technically speaking, I am a part of a 4 person tribe. I'm just the only member who is active. The other 3 are people I know; just recently the tribe leader has asked me what I want done with the base and dinos. When they log on, they have access to any of the dinos...I only ask they not get them killed and put them back where they were. Small base, limited room...need organization just to walk around. SO, if you take out the "X dinos each" in the tribe statement, what do you have left to complain about? Kibble comes from egg drops...I have like 86 bronto eggs in my fridge, and only 1 female bronto. So the kibble excuse is very thin...and that's after I donated to the egg farm we started, open to all on our server. Boss fights...Well I've not done this, thought I've been asked if I wanted to join...however, seeing as I have only 4 male rexes (which will soon be weeded back down to 2 once I find the 2 I like most) as the only strong attacking type...Not going to happen any time soon. Oh, by the way, look at that sentence again; 4 rexes being weeded down to 2. I plan on eventually getting 2 female rexes. 4 rexes total...When bred, I'll look at the stats, see what I like what I don't, keep what I like and kill off the ones that don't cut it.

It's really not that hard when thinking individually to keep it below this '57 dino each' you are speaking of, you just have to work with your tribemates and be prepared to cull out the ones that aren't up to par.

Awesome, your tribe, such as it as and they way you play fits in fine with 400 (tribe of 1, gratz). Did you read my post? 7 ACTIVE PLAYERS.  Why does what you do with 1 active player have any reasonable meaning? Good luck to you, but do you really think the way you play is the only way? The way you think, the only way?  I'm not going to critique your playstyle, as long as you are having fun more power to you, but don't try and jam what you do onto me or anyone else because I couldn't stand what you do.

Tribes are great for being sociable, a hard cap per tribe regardless of the number of players is anti-social.  Our tribe does both individual and group things, why should we be forced to split the tribe just to fit in with a dino cap?  Surely that is simple enough?

31 minutes ago, Kallor said:

Awesome, your tribe, such as it as and they way you play fits in fine with 400 (tribe of 1, gratz). Did you read my post? 7 ACTIVE PLAYERS.  Why does what you do with 1 active player have any reasonable meaning? Good luck to you, but do you really think the way you play is the only way? The way you think, the only way?  I'm not going to critique your playstyle, as long as you are having fun more power to you, but don't try and jam what you do onto me or anyone else because I couldn't stand what you do.

Tribes are great for being sociable, a hard cap per tribe regardless of the number of players is anti-social.  Our tribe does both individual and group things, why should we be forced to split the tribe just to fit in with a dino cap?  Surely that is simple enough?

I think you are missing my point here. You are saying the cap of 400 per tribe, in your 7 player tribe, limits to 57 dinos. I'm baffled how this is not do-able. I'm not trying to 'force' anything, and heavens above that excuse/phrase is beyond annoying to read. 7 active players, oh hey, by the way congrats on finding 7 people you trust to play a game with, wish I was so lucky...anyway I digress. 7 active players, even on at the same time, shouldn't find it difficult to do tasks with a cap of 400 dinos. Honestly, explain to me, without attitude if you please, how 7 active people can't function in a tribe with 400 dino cap? Person 1 goes meat huning, needs a Rex or a Giga, also gathers Hide, Pelt, Chitin, and Keratin. Person 2 gets metal, needs an Ankly (oh and it also gathers stone and flint, so let's not forget the Q with possible storage bins for the excess). Person 3 goes for wood, needs a Beaver (also gathers berries and thatch, which can be dropped off each stop back at the base). Person 4 goes for thatch...working with Person 3 to get this done. Person 5 in charge of breeding (if you're doing so) and culling the herd if needed. Person 6 focuses on the hatchlings (if any are around). Person 7...well whatever else needs to be done. That's just within the first...1-2 hours. After that, Persons 1-4 are done, having only used between 5-6 dinos during that time. You spend time getting what you need for a boss battle, or whatever else if you're on PvP, you now have 5 people working on that, doing tasks as needed. Again, using between 5-6 dinos maximum at one time. You're set for the boss battle, you have your dinos on standby distinctly for this...Well I'm not sure how many you would need, but a friend in another tribe hatched 18 rexes just for the boss battle, with the thought they would be sacrificed. I guess that's how it works. So let's be generous and say 25 dinos dedicated for the boss battle...Out of a 400 tribe cap.

Please, fill me in if I'm missing things, I'm happy to learn new things, as long as it's not laden with insults, attitude, and an overall sense of negativity. I just explained how I see things working in a 7 player tribe, that can still function under a 400 tame cap. Am I saying it has to be done this way, no. Oh and by the way, Yes, I did read your post...do you read all of mine? Because I do believe I have put, often, I don't understand why people need so many dinos. Raising dinos for boss battles is a short endeavor (not the breeding/hatching/raising cycle, I mean the over all count towards cap.) You have X amount, go in, and have half if not more killed. Meanwhile you have Person 5 and 6 focusing on replenishing the dinos loss to boss battle, with person 7 going around doing what is needed. And I'm not saying they are the same person each time, that persons 5, 6, and 7 are always missing out on boss battles; I'm just giving numbers out to say while this group is doing battles, this group is taking care of the base. Don't want you to think I'm going so far as to tell you how to assign your tribe tasks.

See, as a single person tribe, I have to think on how to get things done by myself. So all that I've listed, is things I've often thought, "Man, if I had a tribemate that could to this for me, I could focus on this and get things done faster." I'm not saying I'm better, I'm not saying my way is the only way...I'm saying this is how I am offering a suggestion, take it or leave it, but I'm trying to help you see beyond the limitation as a horrible thing.

Besides, your first sentence did not hold to a 'tribe' mentality of 'X dinos each', which is what I was trying to get you to re-think. Doesn't matter who tamed them, once in the tribe, anyone can have use of it. In my tribe, if one of them comes on, I only ask they not get the dino they take out killed, and just put it back where it was so I can find it again, and because of space. I also prefer if they ask if I have need of it or if I'm set...just out of courtesy.

See previous post, we do individual things and group things.  Being in a tribe allows us to share stuff and assist as we feel while still being able to go and do our own things as we please. We don't all live in 1 base doing 1 thing, we actually have 5.  

An Alliance would typically describe us except alliances in ARK don't add any useful functionality.  A dino cap with no regard to member numbers will just split the tribe and not actually achieve anything at all except be annoying (if wildcards intention was to reduce dinos).  Quite likely it would cause the exact opposite as dinos we currently share would simply end up duplicated.  So it anti-social and counter productive in our case.

"Next major update (v255) we are looking in to adding a per tribe dino limit of about 400 dinos per tribe. PVE only."

-Jen

Is there another statement somewhere? I suppose it could be the dubious wording. Going by that statement I guess it COULD mean they're talking about it or it could mean they're working right now to find a way to implement it.

Again, an official announcement of what exactly is going on and the methods they're looking at would be swell.

Probably a combination of looking into the feasibility of doing so, and seeing if it would actually help.

I know there are some servers that it would help on, but as I've said before (don't remember if I said it in this thread or not) unless the cap is raised above 4000, the only thing this change really does, is put a cap of 10 full tribes per server.

On 2/18/2017 at 1:10 PM, Vad said:

Did you know WC is cutting tribes to 400 tames in 2 days???

08Ho3Qz.png

Better read up on a few statements from Jen on Steam. Not a response from WC on their website but you better speak up because like she said it's coming. Without your knowledge or anything else from WC as to the details. GOOD LUCK to ALL. 

Good you hoarders kill the servers, on 602 pve server the center we have some folks who have over 500 or more and log in to refresh and feed and log off or move more dinos to the server so we are constantly screwed with a cap.

I think its a good start still feel like the kibble systems a big factor to mutton was a step in the right direction for that maybe something like a few "special meats" like mutton for different carnivores and some rare berries truffles etc for taming herbivores instead of kibble I think this would cut it alot

Our tribe on PVE is really big and we have way more than 400 dinos together...we dont even have the chance to leave the tribe and keep our structures. So WC, what are you going to do about this? Technically you force our big tribe to split up so everyone can keep their dinos. What will you do that we can keep structures aswell?

It would be so much more reasonable to limit tamed dinos per player character or per account. My tribe in PVE has 20 people in it. That would restrict people to 20 tamed dinosaurs each and a good handful of our tribe members have so many, several hundreds each. I myself have under 10 dinosaurs, with one I would really not like to lose (a wyvern). I don't know what to do. If you simply leave the tribe, you lose everything. If you upload your dinosaurs to save them and leave the tribe, you lose everything you have built.

The most likely outcome is that the tribe would be unable to tame/claim/breed any more until they were under cap again.

I don't think WC would randomly delete or unclaim dinos. They want to try to manage the server cap so everyone can play the game, not cause a massive riot.

2 hours ago, MagicBean said:

It would be so much more reasonable to limit tamed dinos per player character or per account. My tribe in PVE has 20 people in it. That would restrict people to 20 tamed dinosaurs each and a good handful of our tribe members have so many, several hundreds each. I myself have under 10 dinosaurs, with one I would really not like to lose (a wyvern). I don't know what to do. If you simply leave the tribe, you lose everything. If you upload your dinosaurs to save them and leave the tribe, you lose everything you have built.

If they have hundreds each, they are exactly the problem that this is meant to address. There are 39 egg laying species that are actually used in kibble right now, and a single tribe (or even server) egg farm is more than enough for everyone if people aren't greedy. You can't possibly expect us to believe that your tribe mates have hundreds of dinos that they actually use on a regular basis. If your tribe has multiple people running breeding programs on the same dinos, you're doing it wrong. Completely wrong. Tribe mates should share and cooperate with each other. A large tribe should actually need fewer dinos per person than a small one, because they can share.

Dino limit per tribe on official PvE coming in next patch

I think that a great change for official PvE servers. That should help a bit with servers with Dino limit reach. I just have one question and I am sure others will. If your tribe has over 400 Dinos already what happens when the patch drops? Do they see the number Dinos over the limit disappear or something else? Please add to the notes a warning if it is needed so people can get rid of Dinos they don't care about and not lose the ones they do. So a little bit more info would be appreciated. 

Archived