Did you know WC is cutting tribes to 400 tames in 2 days???

Vad

2 hours ago, G0blin said:

Wait until they start limiting by "Type" of Dino each player can have ... Ahem .... Just a thought :o

That would work well with breeding....

About the same a flat cap of dinos regardless of tribe size.

If they are clueless enough that a flat cap is the best they can come up with, then no doubt your suggestion will go live too.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, Jim359 said:

I made this as its own post, it was moved here where most wouldn't see it, heh.

Likely merged because it's related, not to hide it...

42 minutes ago, G0blin said:

They said that about , Rocket ships , computers , lasers ,Trump being U.S. President , and the list goes on . NEVER say never . Let that be your most important lesson today . School is out . nvm , it's the weekend O.o

The games best part is breeding, limit that and you have nothing to play for any more. People will just move on to better things.

One of the problems my PVE Center server had was folks using our server as a storage base for their extra dinos, thus causing the server to his the limit even quicker. Add the that the fact that boats are included in the count and you can see why it hit cap so quickly. Limiting the tribes to 400 each is going to kill the tribal system since folks won't want to have members in their tribe as it will limit the amount of tames/babies they can have. Along with getting creative with our buildings, taming is a very important part of PVE and the reason many on my server were there. They don't like the cutthroat atmosphere of PVP and shouldn't be penalized because they find other ways to enjoy the game.

45 minutes ago, catnip said:

One of the problems my PVE Center server had was folks using our server as a storage base for their extra dinos, thus causing the server to his the limit even quicker. Add the that the fact that boats are included in the count and you can see why it hit cap so quickly. Limiting the tribes to 400 each is going to kill the tribal system since folks won't want to have members in their tribe as it will limit the amount of tames/babies they can have. Along with getting creative with our buildings, taming is a very important part of PVE and the reason many on my server were there. They don't like the cutthroat atmosphere of PVP and shouldn't be penalized because they find other ways to enjoy the game.

*cough*

Patch notes is 500 now, not 400.

The Dino limit on pve does not work and don't make any sense at all.

The right way to balance this is to have 500 Dino limit per player in tribe.

Lets say you have 4 people in a tribe, each player should have 500 Dino limit.

Smaller tribe with 2 player should have 500 Dino limit per player. This way, big tribes can still be big as long there is active players and small tribe can be small.

Its not right that all tribes should be locked to 500 Dino's. Does not work at all. It really damage the game and make players don't want to continue. Hence loosing players.

18 hours ago, iStephano said:

The Dino limit on pve does not work and don't make any sense at all.

The right way to balance this is to have 500 Dino limit per player in tribe.

Lets say you have 4 people in a tribe, each player should have 500 Dino limit.

Smaller tribe with 2 player should have 500 Dino limit per player. This way, big tribes can still be big as long there is active players and small tribe can be small.

Its not right that all tribes should be locked to 500 Dino's. Does not work at all. It really damage the game and make players don't want to continue. Hence loosing players.

Why does each player need 500 dinos? How many personal tames do you need. 

500 is plenty even for big tribes. 

If they were going to scale it with the number of people, it shouldn't be the full amount, there is still a server limit to worry about, and by your logic, a tribe with 8 people should be able to tame the entire server's limit (based on counts done by people on my main server last time we hit cap, and what has been said on the forums the limit is 4000 for the entire server)

I could see having it start at 500, and adding 25-50 per player in the tribe. But no more than that.

15 hours ago, IrishEvilMonkey said:

Why does each player need 500 dinos? How many personal tames do you need. 

500 is plenty even for big tribes. 

Depends how your tribe was build up man.

Our tribe is merged with 5-9 other tribes over the last year, if not more.

We all have our own bases but are in a tribe together, so its natural that we have a lot of dinos together.

its a money game guys. Wildcard doesn't care about us golden oldies. Just the new ones who just paid for the game. Its clear they want us gone..first with timers, then with dino limits and mandatory deletes....we haven't paid them anything since we bought the game and they want us out. Let me put it simply, we're taking up their valuable server real estate and thats costing them money and new players cos people are reporting poop servers. So their reaction is to shoo us out or force us to delete stuff. No new players = no money. Happy old players are a bad thing. They stay but don't pay. So they make u unhappy and then hope u leave so that the new bloods can come in . And no, there really isn't any other way to play this game at the moment, not with kibble still being a thing. I'd gladly kill off most of my dinos if that wasn't the case...but it is. Kibble IS A THING. 

Archived