Did you know WC is cutting tribes to 400 tames in 2 days???

Vad

Just now, Bolty said:

dude are you even reading this thread, no one will get rid of there dinos, there are ways around it, from few of those ways will result in ppl taming even more dinos. so this is only increasing the problem not solving it or not even a start in a right way :Jerbmad:

dude, did you even read my post, people already got rid of their dinos.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bolty said:

So, i will consider that as yes, you dont even know whats going on here.

I know exactly what is going on here. On a good server, with good people. Tribes are cutting back even before the limit is in place.

On a bad server, with people who don't care about the community as a whole, people are going to find workarounds so they can continue to be hoarders.

I'm sure no one will agree including my tribe mates/allies, but I think we first need a full dino wipe. Remove claiming as a feature and let them expire with their timer. Have a 24 hour timer on physically unclaimed dinos for trading. Either increase egg rate production, make eggs create more kibble per egg to reduce farm requirements, or have use of any egg craft kibble for Herbs or Carno using different recipes with quantities based on egg size. Only then set caps reasonably while taking into consideration tribe size.

6 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

I know exactly what is going on here. On a good server, with good people. Tribes are cutting back even before the limit is in place.

On a bad server, with people who don't care about the community as a whole, people are going to find workarounds so they can continue to be hoarders.

No one one will get rid there dinos, to who ppl put 1000s of hours to get them. just cause some stupid guy think it is bad :Jerbmad:

ppl like you should not even be allowed to post, they just comment anything without knowing how ppl play and how they like to play. its very foolish of you to tell other ppl that how should play this game :Jerbmad:

its a game and every one should be allowed to play how they want and not like some stupid guy think how should it be played.

• Volunteer Moderator
31 minutes ago, Mithrandir said:

You don't need to buy extra copies of Ark for that, you can create an account then specify up to 5 accounts (iirc) that can play your Steam games with their account.

They can't play anything while you are, but if you're the only owner of those 5 accounts, it won't be a problem.

No, you cannot.  For Ark, that is blocked.  Each account needs their own registered key.  The program can be downloaded just once, but each account will need a separate and unique registration; I know, as I have two accounts for my severs(player and admin/boss).

5 minutes ago, Bolty said:

No one one will get rid there dinos, to who ppl put 1000s of hours to get them. just cause some stupid guy think it is bad :Jerbmad:

ppl like you should not even be allowed to post, they just comment anything without knowing how ppl play and how they like to play. its very foolish of you to tell other ppl that how should play this game :Jerbmad:

its a game and every one should be allowed to play how they want and not like some stupid guy think how should it be played.

And clearly, you are not reading what I'm saying.

People have ALREADY GOTTEN RID OF DINOS on my server. My server with good people who care about the community. It has already happened. Therefore, there are people who will. Therefore your statement that "Nobody will get rid of dinos" is false.

11 minutes ago, Bolty said:

yea right keep saying that to yourself xD

I will, because it's the truth.

The fact that I have 2 eggs incubating right now is proof of it.

So enjoy your little world where nobody cares that they're directly responsible for nobody else being able to enjoy the game. I'll be over here on mine, where most of us actually work together to solve problems like this.

1 hour ago, vanyelxp5 said:

I will, because it's the truth.

The fact that I have 2 eggs incubating right now is proof of it.

So enjoy your little world where nobody cares that they're directly responsible for nobody else being able to enjoy the game. I'll be over here on mine, where most of us actually work together to solve problems like this.

ahahahaha enjoy ur world, you will make me cry with your fairy tales storyxD

49 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

so...a solo tribe sitting on 369 dinos is OK in your opinion... but a 25 player tribe sitting on 1200 is not?

do the math yourself who chews a bigger chunk of the servers performance....

Out of interest, and please don't flame me for asking, can someone point me to the official statement from WC regarding large amounts of tamed dinos being a problem?  And I'm NOT saying that its not a problem, I'm curious as to how WC have communicated this to the community before they quietly dropped a tribe limit into the patch notes.  It seems to me that there have been some pretty good off the cuff ideas how to address the limit with a softer approach that would address the problem without causing a knee-jerk reaction to such a punitive solution.

34 minutes ago, turbodonkey said:

Out of interest, and please don't flame me for asking, can someone point me to the official statement from WC regarding large amounts of tamed dinos being a problem?  And I'm NOT saying that its not a problem, I'm curious as to how WC have communicated this to the community before they quietly dropped a tribe limit into the patch notes.  It seems to me that there have been some pretty good off the cuff ideas how to address the limit with a softer approach that would address the problem without causing a knee-jerk reaction to such a punitive solution.

I don't remember them saying anything officially, but PVE servers are lagfests left and right. Most of them are unplayable due to high quantity of tamed dinos. Thus, them trying to impose limits. 

12 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

I don't remember them saying anything officially, but PVE servers are lagfests left and right. Most of them are unplayable due to high quantity of tamed dinos. Thus, them trying to impose limits. 

Agreed the lag is a problem, but at same time this 400 dino limit will only increase this problem not solve it. there are few good suggestion posted on this thread by good member of the community which can actually work for this problem. if only WC listen to community this problem can be solved easily. 

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, OdamN81 said:

Suggestion:

1.Cap dinos per player in the tribe, solo players don’t need 400dinos, like large tribes actually do(caving, bossfights, breeding, trading, eggs)! Encourage people to join a tribe, not to split off from them.

2.Remove ability to claim dinos from inactive players, it destroys the game experience (evolve) for new player, and leads to more and more tamed dinos on the server.

3.Change standard tribe configuration on creation of tribe.(everything on lowest rank, is impossible to reconfigure for large tribes)

4. Remove Titano from PvE entirely.

i agree with this, the only exception possibly being removing the Titano. that particular dino, as you know is a good source of xp for stronger tribes. however, there are many ways to gain good xp without this creature in PVE. given the severe damage it can cause when used to grieve other players, or even when it just randomly spawns on a base, i can certainly understand the suggestion.

• Volunteer Moderator
25 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

I'd rather see the Titan be able to be a permanent tame for pve only. Make it a limit of 1 per tribe. I know I wasn't the only one disappointed by the fact that we can't tame and keep this walking fortress.

certainly dont want to derail/hijack with Titan talk, so this is the last i'll say about it here:).

i cant see it being a permanent tame on official servers, unofficial sure--mine was setup to allow that, we just never got around to taming one. with the valid discussion of possible large tribe fragmentation, and a limit of 1 per tribe, there could be a large number of Titans tamed on any one server. there would have to be a limit to the number of tamed Titans per server (probably the max spawn limit), which would mean only 2-3 tribes could have one, and those would be the strongest tribes. i just dont think it would work on official PVE servers, my opinion. that said it would be awesome to build one up and stomp around on it:D

sorry for the OT

@Bolty - My tribe is getting rid of dinos on our server and so is the rest of our alliance which consists of the biggest tribes.  Yes we could split tribes, or use another server, or get other accounts, but we prefer to work within the rules for the betterment of all.  Plus many of the dinos we held on to for sentimental reasons, time to get tough and sacrifice all to troodons (or kill).

I don't think that this dino cap as it stands now is a good idea. A cap might work, but allowing a 1 man tribe to have the same amount of dinos as a 10 man tribe is not good.

Odam gave some great ideas which speak for themselves. I personally would rather the devs focus on what is causing tribes to have large numbers of dinos in the first place, rather than applying a band-aid fix. Eggs and breeding are the two biggest factors for having large numbers of dinos on PvE servers. I'm not sure much can be done with breeding, but eggs could definitely be dealt with much easier.

The simplest thing to do would be to increase the egg laying rate. Personally, I would rather they do something a little less sloppy, like link egg laying rate to the food stat similar to what they did with the sheep and hair growth rate. This would be a positive solution, and would have a much better chance of actually fixing the problem than a flat dino cap. This also empowers the players (which I think is always a good idea) by giving them a choice. Sure, you could still have a bunch of low lvl females cluttering up your base for eggs. But who would seriously do that if all you needed was just 1 or 2 high lvls to get the same (or perhaps even better) egg production?

TL;DR version: 400 dino cap won't fix the problem, the devs should address egg layers first.

DerpVader for breeding with Tek tier you could have a dino DNA extractor, kill the dino and extract the DNA into a "blueprint" for that dino, then allow cloning and breeding of that DNA via spending resources etc, not too much element I hope or it does put it out of reach and ruin the point of saving space.. But if I could take my breeders and convert them into space saving DNA blueprints I'd do it in a heartbeat

7 hours ago, vanyelxp5 said:

This won't change much on my home server, because the major tribes there have already cut back to below 400, and we're still at the server tame cap. Any time somebody kills something to make room for something else, the slot is filled within 5 minutes. There are other problems to address, but in my opinion, the 400 tribe limit was a good start.

So let me get this straight.  You are completely aware that a 400 dino cap won't actually solve the problem, but think it's a good idea anyway?  Are you insane?

They MUST fix the problems that cause so many dinos to be required.

1 minute ago, Kallor said:

So let me get this straight.  You are completely aware that a 400 dino cap won't actually solve the problem, but think it's a good idea anyway?  Are you insane?

They MUST fix the problems that cause so many dinos to be required.

It's a good start. Because the good players will take a look at what they have, and realize that that many are not required.

It won't solve the server cap for every server, probably won't do anything on mine, because the big tribes have already cut down, and we're still at cap.

Things that would help the situation in addition to the tribe cap...

1: Actual player cap. Not online players. The actual number of survivors that can exist. Survivors could be removed from the list of players 2 weeks after there is nothing owned by them on the ark to make room for new players to still be able to join. At the moment, there are a ton of new players everywhere. Most are understanding when we tell them that the server is tame capped, others prefer to stick around, force feeding knocked out parasaurs to keep their food above 0 until a tame slot opens and then they tame it.

2: Setting the server cap to where it was announced to be. 9500 instead of the 4 or 5k it is now, I don't know if some servers were set to this number, and others weren't. I do know that there is no way that my home server is at 9500. It was never announced that it was lowered again, so the only logical conclusion is that the cap is lower than what it was announced to be.

3: Disable claiming of abandoned creatures. Make them die off at the end of their timers. And make it take more than just popping in for a second to reset timers.

1 hour ago, vanyelxp5 said:

3: Disable claiming of abandoned creatures. Make them die off at the end of their timers. And make it take more than just popping in for a second to reset timers.

This then needs to be addressed, as it stands dinos are good for 8 days, so this would need to be extended for 15-20 days before they are killed, if its eight days you cant even have a frigging 2 week holiday if you play SOLO

I'm 50/50 with the suggestion of disabling the ability to claim dinos, being as it's currently the only way to kill abandoned tames (without luring of course) which the residents of the server I play on have been doing. It also allows some people to claim better dinos than they have and kill off theirs to replace with the better ones. I understand though that few people actually do this and just hoard hundreds of claimed dinos for no real reason. However, if it was disabled and some kind of feature was implemented to kill them off naturally at the end of their timers, as suggested, I'd be all for the idea. Makes a lot more sense than the 400 per tribe dino limit that has so many loopholes and won't positively affect the dino limit imo.

Archived