Did you know WC is cutting tribes to 400 tames in 2 days???

Vad

9 minutes ago, Robersdee said:

I'm still not seeing people asking the real question (apart from one guy earlier in the thread) but if you have 450 dinos for example, what happens? do some disappear? oldest? lowest level? random?

How is this going to work?

I head that your tribe just won't be able to tame anything else until you're under the cap, and your dino number will stay as it is until you kill them off (i.e. the server won't just delete your dinos). I'm sure someone else might have more info.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, LadyDeviedra said:

I head that your tribe just won't be able to tame anything else until you're under the cap, and your dino number will stay as it is until you kill them off (i.e. the server won't just delete your dinos). I'm sure someone else might have more info.

Yep, seems you're right.  I would also guess that cannot breed any more dinos.

a: Hey, people complain about large areas being pillared on PvE, how can we improve it?

b: Let's decrease demolish timers on single pillars.

a: Great, push it.

Result: People put double pillars, the problem was never solved.

a: Hey, people complain about tamed dino limit on PvE servers, what can we do?

b: How about we put a cap on tribes and let them handle it?

a: Great, push it.

Result: People make more tribes (either by splitting or by getting duplicate steam accounts) and with 3x taming/breeding fill servers even faster than before.

I'm sorry for large tribes and for people who invested thousands of hours into this game. Some will quit, some will adapt, let's see..

22 minutes ago, Bambulaaa said:

in my server there is 7 or 6 man tribe and also if you want to do breeding ,boss battle, getting resource , doing cave i am sure you need more then 40 dino

You don't. There is no reason to keep every single animal once you start breeeding. There will always be animals you can get rid of unless  you want to just pack rat everything. Which is what makes this game run like poop. 

6 hours ago, Gluupor said:

just a single question: why were random color mutations implemented if not for collection purposes?

i do understand your approach only being rational and just keep a minimum of dinos and you are probably correct for the most part but there IS collectibles that is a fact.

And to be honest the way you describe the make up of your dino squad i would be surprised if playing that way wouldve kept me entertained for almost 2k hours (my gf even hitting 3k soonish) at all i probably wouldve left ark when i hit 1k hours because id probably be done getting everything the way you describe it and just occasionally breed in new stats.

And yes you could share dinos amongst other tribe members but then again why was imprinting implemented and encourage people to have your own dino for whatever purpose.

On another note: nitrado servers suck, get rid of some servers merge them support people in moving their stuff get rid of some of them and buy / rent better servers.

Adding some variety of new colors via mutations adding something cool to look forward to other than a +2 numeric increase to a random stat? Honestly I'd like for it to be possible for everybody to have an infinite number of dinos stored somehow. It might still work if they do implement a way to upload dinos to your steam inventory (something that I believe has been talked above before) or some other method of storing them out of the way in some kind of stasis. Due to logistical issues, however, it's just not plausible for servers to handle as many dinos as are being tamed right now though.

I am hoping a revamp of the kibble taming /imprinting system will help with this issue I believe muttons a step in the right direction and maybe with honey or something and afew varients on this it could provide a happy medium :) I like the idea of 1 flock of sheep and a few bee hives and hell idk evena  truffle hunting pig and maybe seal meat for sea creatures than 10 sets of 15 dinos for eggs for kibbles is that just me xD 

1 hour ago, Rickyh24 said:

Why would you even need a 10 man tribe in pve? And why would each of those members need 40 personal Dinos? 

To be sociable? To have fun with friends? To do things together? To help each other? To share?  Alliances don't allow this.

The bigger question is "Why does Wildcard punish large tribes?".

1 person 400 dinos, 10 people 400 dinos.  Does it really take any more than about 2 seconds of thought to spot a problem?

@Jen @Jat

Can we perhaps phase in the tribe tame limits over the course of the v255 rollout?  Implement the tame counter UI first, then a week later roll out the actual limit?  It will take some time to adjust to this new paradigm, especially for people like me who have been playing since AUG2015.  I have been running a public egg farm precisely for people not to feel the need to create their own individually owned egg farms.  I believe this public egg farm and the culture the players on our official server have fostered is what has kept us under the tame limit for the entire existence of our Ark.  This limit has the potential to shut down my public egg farm, a result of which could actually speed up the process of hitting the tame limit on our server.

Please also be aware the process of timing out tames and claiming them is used to transfer ownership of retired/inactive players with personal owned tames.  There continues to be a small ownership problem with tames in that regard.  Along those lines, structure ownership has a much larger problem when mixing personal and tribe ownership; for which tribe owners/admins have little control or solutions for on official servers.

Please realize the tribe taming limit proposed on PVE has the effect of limiting and discouraging multiple member tribes on PVE that already has the "problem" of solo tribe gaming due to trust and permissions issues persisting despite the improvements made in that regard.

- General Patton

(is freaking out less about this than the structure timeout shennanigans in MAY2016)

I have also been running a public egg farm, but I am nowhere near the cap. 39 species currently useful for kibble, 4 of each needed for optimal egg production unless you're sitting there every time an egg drops. (3 females, 1 male) Final total 156. This includes Oviraptors if spaced carefully. May need 1-2 more if your farm is spread out too much.

Regardless, the cap won't hurt you immediately even if you're over it. Jen on twitter clearly stated that a tribe that is over the cap will simply be unable to tame/breed again until they are under the cap.

On 2/19/2017 at 0:10 AM, Kallor said:

Per TRIBE.  There are 7 active players in our tribe, thats 57 dino's each.  Combine the kibble requirements and the shear number of dinos required when breeding (within a reasonable timeframe) along with personal tames, boss fights etc and 57 vanishes in the blink of an eye without hardly scratching the surface.  No doubt all those tribes with 1 or maybe 2 people wont notice or care, but its a pretty anti-social limit and will simply fragment tribes.

SInce when do you need upwards of 400 plus dinosaurs seriously besides breeding what else do you do with them? Hoarders the lot of ya, theres servers so loaded that other players cannot even play the game that they paid for. Example bounce to server Official The island 327 there is a tribe there called 327 with well over 1k dinos all over the map massive bases loaded sitting around collecting dust they are just hoarders. Want to combat the problem increase giga spawns and add more spawn areas to decrease the massive amounts of dinos add alpha fliers and nasty crap in the air to kill off some of these sorts of crazy bases.../..on pve im all for it. Also there are Tribes that now move their dinos to other servers and keep on taming i guess the game is about who has the most dinos wins....and overloads other servers populations. Zebra Collective on The Center map official 602 does this their base is massive and un touchable and keeps on growing with more animals weekly.

43 minutes ago, Frozenhole said:

SInce when do you need upwards of 400 plus dinosaurs seriously besides breeding what else do you do with them? 

I don't need 400, but I'm only 1 person.  I understand you can't see beyond your own little bubble, but luckily whether you understand or not isnt going to have any baring on Wildcard.

12 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

Then the big tribes will have to learn to adapt and survive with less Dinos. Be more selective over what they tame, what they breed etc. There is more skill involved with that than just taming hundreds upon hundreds of dinos.

On Xbox One, we have a limit of 200 still I believe. Our tribe has around 380 Dinos and that is not counting the new ones for the last 3 updates on Xbox. But what we have done and many other breeders and egg farmers, is have up to 3 or 4 accounts. So how does this solve the issue of tribes having max Dinos of 400?

But why only PvE, that makes no sense either...

In the long run they are forcing people to just use more accounts to get around this.

8 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

On Xbox One, we have a limit of 200 still I believe. Our tribe has around 380 Dinos and that is not counting the new ones for the last 3 updates on Xbox. But what we have done and many other breeders and egg farmers, is have up to 3 or 4 accounts. So how does this solve the issue of tribes having max Dinos of 400?

But why only PvE, that makes no sense either...

In the long run they are forcing people to just use more accounts to get around this.

Which will lead to WC doing something about them using multiple accounts.

People are already looking at spending more money just to continue their hoarding habits. It's ridiculous. Why not, oh I don't know... Sit down and actually think about the things you really need? I guarantee there's not as many as you think right now.

I don't understand why ppl on this thread are so stupid. 400 dino limit will not help for poop, all this will do is make big tribe to split up and tame even more Dinos bcs what they shared before they will need that Dinos for them self too:Jerbmad:

So best thing will be not go through this limit.

Telling you guys this is most stupid thing WC can ever do!!

14 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

Which will lead to WC doing something about them using multiple accounts.

And how would they do that, it is impossible for them to know who the other account really belongs too.

14 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

People are already looking at spending more money just to continue their hoarding habits. It's ridiculous. Why not, oh I don't know... Sit down and actually think about the things you really need? I guarantee there's not as many as you think right now.

Not sure I follow there.

Just now, CyberAngel67 said:

And how would they do that, it is impossible for them to know who the other account really belongs too.

Not sure I follow there.

Extra account means extra copy of ark, extra copy of ark means more money spent just to continue hoarding virtual pets for no other purpose than to have them.

45 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

Extra account means extra copy of ark, extra copy of ark means more money spent just to continue hoarding virtual pets for no other purpose than to have them.

LoL on Xbox I can make any amount of accounts on the one system and play the same game as anyone of them without buying the game again. But I do see steam being an issue there, yet if it means more sales how would they know that the account logging in is actually the same person. Point still stands.

And another way around it, without extra accounts is another server. Transfer your egg farm to another server and just transfer your eggs back n forth. Bit of a pain but again another way around the limitation.

Just now, CyberAngel67 said:

LoL on Xbox I can make any amount of accounts on the one system and play the same game as anyone of them without buying the game again. But I do see steam being an issue there, yet if it means more sales how would they know that the account logging in is actually the same person. Point still stands.

Watch the account activity, notice that all one person seems to do is trade dinos back and forth between itself and the other account?

Watch the chat logs for people bragging about getting around the cap with a second account?

Act on tickets where people report others for doing so?

There are a variety of options. The only one that wouldn't work well would be tracking IPs, because just on my server alone there's at least 4 different couples or sets of roommates.

Archived