Did you know WC is cutting tribes to 400 tames in 2 days???

Vad

Just now, GamerPerfection said:

The skill would be around the members of the tribe getting together and deciding what dinos are crucial to the survival of the tribe. How they manage that, what is a "nice to have" and what is a "necessity". It is about the tribe members strategizing, and working together to have the best tribe they can. Rather than have every player in one tribe just having hundreds of dinos each just so that they can have "their own" dino all to themselves. A tribe having players that want dinos all to themselves and not share the use of dinos is not a tribe, it's a group of solo players grouped together.

FYI we joined same tribe so we can help each other out how alliance should be. not the way WC have implemented. so you just chat together in private tab and thats it  -__-

so we were forced by stupid alliance system to join, if we need to do anything together. we still have each have our own base and stuff. what we are suppose to do now?? just stop playing bcs we cant do anything now right? 

this is most stupid thing ever :/

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, failhelm said:

I fail to see why the max dino limit per tribe is a big deal, with a max of what 5k dinos on the whole server? It's too easy for an Alpha tribe to out tame a smaller tribe. 400 is plenty, nobody needs x1 or even x2 of each per tribe member.

Of course, this is optional for those us on unofficial and continues to be why unofficial will always be a better experience than official.

thats exactly what they want. they are forcing ppl who play on official pve server to leave :Jerbmad:

and they will do everything they can until every last single player official pve player rage quits >:(

7 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

The skill would be around the members of the tribe getting together and deciding what dinos are crucial to the survival of the tribe. How they manage that, what is a "nice to have" and what is a "necessity". It is about the tribe members strategizing, and working together to have the best tribe they can. Rather than have every player in one tribe just having hundreds of dinos each just so that they can have "their own" dino all to themselves. A tribe having players that want dinos all to themselves and not share the use of dinos is not a tribe, it's a group of solo players grouped together.

so you are the one that tells us how to define a tribe?

well listen to this:

in my opinion a tribe...

...is a get together of people that you or them enjoy playing with.

...is a bunch of people that share interests (be it ingame like running caves or even out of game being friends or the like).

...is a bunch of people that help out each other with whatever problem there is to be solved or project to be realized.

I dont think this whole tribe concept is supposed to be some sort of communism where no one has any personal property (yes that is exactly what you are implying right there). I do enjoy our tribe even though i shouldnt as per your definition, because we dont try to be "the best tribe they can" because we let people have their own personal pink colored and neon green striped giga with crap damage that obviously doesnt serve any purpose but looking ridiculous (after all this is a game people supposed to have fun in and a giant predator with those colors is just funny to look at).

Every tribe for its own has to define what their aim of grouping together is.

If you think thats how a tribe is supposed to work well so be it i accept your opinion but basically accusing people that think differently or have their own definition of what a tribe should be of being a bad tribe is just plain rude.

I post it here again i have the impression ark is supposed to be a sandbox-ish game but the more i read, the more some people post here i get the impression of it being the opposite same boring linear "theres only one way to look at things"-game like soooo many others out there. I do not often enjoy those kind of games for very long because theres no real freedom in them.

This it just typical of WC, punish the long time players rather than actually find a solution to the problem.  To fully play the game, being in a tribe is pretty much a requirement, but solo players get a huge advantage over tribes now.  lame.  The limit should scale with members or its completely unfair.  I don't personally have 400+ dinos, that would be insane, but my tribe of 10 players does.  We are also perfecting our Rex and Argent breed, and to get all our various stats merged we are breeding many generations of these, as per the games requirements, this mechanism alone does not support a 400 Dino cap.  Lets talk about Quetzal kibbles, in order to gather Quetzal eggs, we were required to have 4x the amount of necessary females because 95% of their eggs would teleport to 50/50.  Mantis eggs?  they lay 1 egg every 500 years, so yeah, that's another fail, in order to actually get mantis kibbles we are encouraged to have many mantis given their egg drop rate.

Simply casually dropping this into patch notes a few days before the patch drops is absolutely horrendous, with no information how it will affect tribes that are over the limit.  To make things "fair" we can each split into 10 separate tribes, then we can each have a 400 dino limit like every other solo player on the server. oh. wait.  isn't the server limit 4k? 10x400=oh whoops, problem not fixed, pencil in another "fix" you can drop it with the Windows 10 performance patch and dynamic bridges.  GG WC, is this the post content "optimization" regime we are to expect as the game nears completion?

More communication is absolutely required before making a change like this.

27 minutes ago, Gluupor said:

so you are the one that tells us how to define a tribe?

well listen to this:

in my opinion a tribe...

...is a get together of people that you or them enjoy playing with.

...is a bunch of people that share interests (be it ingame like running caves or even out of game being friends or the like).

...is a bunch of people that help out each other with whatever problem there is to be solved or project to be realized.

I dont think this whole tribe concept is supposed to be some sort of communism where no one has any personal property (yes that is exactly what you are implying right there). I do enjoy our tribe even though i shouldnt as per your definition, because we dont try to be "the best tribe they can" because we let people have their own personal pink colored and neon green striped giga with crap damage that obviously doesnt serve any purpose but looking ridiculous (after all this is a game people supposed to have fun in and a giant predator with those colors is just funny to look at).

Every tribe for its own has to define what their aim of grouping together is.

If you think thats how a tribe is supposed to work well so be it i accept your opinion but basically accusing people that think differently or have their own definition of what a tribe should be of being a bad tribe is just plain rude.

I post it here again i have the impression ark is supposed to be a sandbox-ish game but the more i read, the more some people post here i get the impression of it being the opposite same boring linear "theres only one way to look at things"-game like soooo many others out there. I do not often enjoy those kind of games for very long because theres no real freedom in them.

It's pretty obvious by the way the tribes actually work in game, that they are intended to be an actual team that works together on everything. You know... like an actual tribe... Really not a hard concept to understand. They are clearly intended to be a small community which shares all resources and works toward common goals (Dinosaurs are a resource btw, same as tools, weapons, and ammo) Anything less than that is not actually a tribe by the way the game works.

7 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

It's pretty obvious by the way the tribes actually work in game, that they are intended to be an actual team that works together on everything. You know... like an actual tribe... Really not a hard concept to understand. They are clearly intended to be a small community which shares all resources and works toward common goals (Dinosaurs are a resource btw, same as tools, weapons, and ammo) Anything less than that is not actually a tribe by the way the game works.

one more guy who is telling everyone how they should play the game :Jerbmad:

this is a game ppl will play and should be allowed to play however they like. not everyone wants to play like you do:Jerbmad::Jerbmad:

32 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

theres no defined ruleset or definition of a tribe in game so no to me its not that obvious.

theres no such things as damage bonusses for tribe members, special tribe events that you need a team for to actually resolve, theres no tribe quests or the like, there is actually no game mechanic that exactly defines what a tribe is supposed to be or to not be.

I can run caves with a loose group of people i can even run boss fights without having to be in a tribe.

The only thing that one benefits of being in a tribe is the fact that taking care of tribe members dinos is a thing then again i can just join an alliance to benefit from other alliance members feeders.

There might be hints as to what a tribe can be useful for, on that point i might agree but for everything else its down to the players or members of the tribe to define what they are using their tribe for. And again since this is a sandbox-ish game im totally fine with players using their tribe for whatever purpose they feel like.

I guess this is to make "alpha" tribes stop playing, well that will certainly be the effect anyway. Having a 400 dino tribe limit will certainly make tribes get bored quicker. Once you reach this limit what can you do except play something else that holds your interest.

Why are moderators censoring players opinions, people are entitled to have an opinion, you cant just decide that you don't like someone's opinion and delete their posts. That doesn't change anyone's opinion. If you are getting negative comments that's because you are doing something wrong, don't you want to know about it ?

I get that WC is a business and you want to do everything you can to attract new players but without alpha tribes helping new players by giving them stuff like dinos and tools they would stop playing quicker because in their mind it's just too difficult to survive. New players constantly beg for stuff in global chat, if I can only have 40 dinos in my 10 person tribe there's no way I would be giving dinos to new players to help them.

I think this 400 dino limit needs a re-think, there must be another way to achieve whatever it is you guys are trying to do.

1 minute ago, _The_Jackal_ said:

I guess this is to make "alpha" tribes stop playing, well that will certainly be the effect anyway. Having a 400 dino tribe limit will certainly make tribes get bored quicker. Once you reach this limit what can you do except play something else that holds your interest.

Why are moderators censoring players opinions, people are entitled to have an opinion, you cant just decide that you don't like someone's opinion and delete their posts. That doesn't change anyone's opinion. If you are getting negative comments that's because you are doing something wrong, don't you want to know about it ?

I get that WC is a business and you want to do everything you can to attract new players but without alpha tribes helping new players by giving them stuff like dinos and tools they would stop playing quicker because in their mind it's just too difficult to survive. New players constantly beg for stuff in global chat, if I can only have 40 dinos in my 10 person tribe there's no way I would be giving dinos to new players to help them.

I think this 400 dino limit needs a re-think, there must be another way to achieve whatever it is you guys are trying to do.

Dont you realise that "new players" already gived money for their Ark and ark got money and thats only goal here i think and old players (alpha tribes) payed for this game and there's no refund... soo they are attracting new people to buy this game and they earn money... thats how this works : ) .. And yeah lot of new players will stop playing without getting help from alpha tribes ... but yeah WC dont care about that because only goal is moooney

2 minutes ago, ludiglup said:

Dont you realise that "new players" already gived money for their Ark and ark got money and thats only goal here i think and old players (alpha tribes) payed for this game and there's no refund... soo they are attracting new people to buy this game and they earn money... thats how this works : ) .. And yeah lot of new players will stop playing without getting help from alpha tribes ... but yeah WC dont care about that because only goal is moooney

Ofc I realise that some people have already paid for the game before they wish they had not, I just think this is a bizarre move, I don't get why you would want to get rid of alpha tribes that help everyone. This will hurt the reputation of the game for hardcore gamers.

The same thing happened with World Of Tanks, they released one patch too many to re-balance the game for newbies and a lot of people stopped playing it. Wargaming couldn't have been less interested in anyone's opinion, I guess it will be the same here.

on the note of dinos have to be useful and serve a purpose and one tribe doesnt need multiple amounts of the same dino:

Theres one Direbear for EACH of the members of this tribe (im assuming this is supposed to represent some sort of tribe) they even got some spares behind them. I do realize this is pvp but i think players should be treated equally as it was done with the implementation of several pvp fixes that affected pve players as well.

A bit later in the video the manta is presented as a dino to have fun with which per defintion of some people around is not something you would need.

So Wildcard is promoting things in their video that big tribes wont actually be able to do since the limit forces them to break it down to dinos that actually serve a purpose.

On 2/18/2017 at 3:38 PM, eESTlane said:

but what pisses me off though is their lack of communication here. why the actual fudge haven't i seen anything on this "marvelous" forum? half the news i'm getting on wiki main page twitter feed.

Yes, I think that's an issue. Why post on Steam and Reddit and Twitter about things when you have a large community of people coming directly to you? If anything post HERE, and then link it via other sites.

Although Reddit & Steam & Twitter are free bandwidth ... maybe they don't want people coming here? Not trying to sound negative, but I've only ever seen one employee post here I think, but I've seen them linked from here to those other places A LOT.

1 hour ago, Bolty said:

one more guy who is telling everyone how they should play the game :Jerbmad:

this is a game ppl will play and should be allowed to play however they like. not everyone wants to play like you do:Jerbmad::Jerbmad:

I'm not the one telling you what a tribe is. Wildcard is telling you what a tribe is. It is exactly what they have defined. All of your dinos and structures become owned by the tribe. That you can keep a personal owner name attached to it doesn't change that. So it's pretty clear that you are supposed to be sharing things as a tribe, and working together. If you want to be separate players that do your own thing with your own stuff and occasionally work together on some things, join an alliance.

What. Seeing posts about twenty or so player tribes, and each player having around forty personally owned animals. Like, seriously, what? 

What's the point in having forty animals each? You're creating lag for the entire server with those animals just sitting around, and that's not even considering that you only touch about ten of them. If that. Need metal? Take out the Tribe Ank. Fiber? Take out the Tribe Bear or Theri. And I can see wanting your own in the event that someone else is using it when you need it, but that doesn't account for having forty personally owned animals. In my tribe of five, I had my own personal Dire Wolf, Saber, Argent and Chalicotherium. The Bear was technically mine, too, but it was sorta the Tribe Bear at the same time. To be honest, we might've had forty animals total. Might've.

This isn't Pokemon where you can have as much as you want without repercussions; everyone has to share these servers. 

15 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

I'm not the one telling you what a tribe is. Wildcard is telling you what a tribe is. It is exactly what they have defined. All of your dinos and structures become owned by the tribe. That you can keep a personal owner name attached to it doesn't change that. So it's pretty clear that you are supposed to be sharing things as a tribe, and working together. If you want to be separate players that do your own thing with your own stuff and occasionally work together on some things, join an alliance.

And for those who had this model of tribe before alliances were even in the game?

10 minutes ago, turbodonkey said:

And for those who had this model of tribe before alliances were even in the game?

"Waaaaahhhh! They changed features in an early access game!!!!"

That's what this complaint boils down to. Split the tribe, join alliances, rebuild, and quit whining about the cap when you know that your tribe is part of the problem in regard to server caps being reached.

Just now, vanyelxp5 said:

"Waaaaahhhh! They changed features in an early access game!!!!"

That's what this complaint boils down to. Split the tribe, join alliances, rebuild, and quit whining about the cap when you know that your tribe is part of the problem in regard to server caps being reached.

wow, ultra aggressive reaction to anyone that doesn't share your exact opinion.

• Volunteer Moderator

everything will stay civil in this thread. peoples dinos are a touchy subject that all players i am aware of are passionate about, myself included. you may voice your opinions regarding the topic of course, but remain respectful towards each other please.

It's probably already been mentioned but I don't see how this limit will make any kind of difference to the dino numbers in PVE, especially large tribes that can just branch off into several small allied tribes and have 400 dinos in each allied tribe... If anything it'll just separate tribes into smaller ones and people will still have the same number of dinos. I'm the leader of an active tribe of 6, all fully established and long term members (at least 2,000 hours game time per person if not more), who all have their own farms and own property but the tribe total dino count exceeds 600 and most are farm dinos. Dividing the tribe and forming an alliance would be the inconvenient but most simple option as we don't have to lose some of our hard work by killing tames. If WCs intention was to reduce server lag produced by excessive amounts of tamed dinos, a 400 tame cap isn't going to cut it when people can leave the tribe and join alliances and still keep all their dinos.

Archived