Did you know WC is cutting tribes to 400 tames in 2 days???

Vad

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, FastEddy1114 said:

There is no reason to freak about the 400 per tribe dino cap. It says in the notes that is an option, options are not mandatory this should mean that is can be enabled/disabled at the server admins discretion.

I'm pretty sure people's issues are with officials not unofficials.

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, Bolty said:

OMG!!! All the big tribes on offical PVE server are screwed up!!!!

400 dino limit are you guys kidding us? this 400 dino limit is not even close to what big tribes have.

well GG they just want to mess all pve players every way they can!

for love god dont do this. its the most stupid thing you guys can ever do! 

Then the big tribes will have to learn to adapt and survive with less Dinos. Be more selective over what they tame, what they breed etc. There is more skill involved with that than just taming hundreds upon hundreds of dinos.

2 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Then the big tribes will have to learn to adapt and survive with less Dinos. Be more selective over what they tame, what they breed etc. There is more skill involved with that than just taming hundreds upon hundreds of dinos.

Or WC just gives us a chance to split the big tribes AND let us keep our structures. Alliances are not an solution.
Ark is still a game and we want to enjoy this game. Getting forced to "adapt and survive with less dinos" isnt really enjoyable, seriously.

If you're in a tribe with 10 people or less & complaining, you're the cause of this change. You can rage all you want, you're not going to like it, but you are the reason that this is being done. A 10 person tribe does not need more than 400 dinos.

Could it use some tweaks? Yeah. I could see a regressive scaling based on the number of players in a tribe... but honestly there have already been some good analysis of how a 10 person tribe should be able to stay under the 400 cap without serious issues. Most of those 400 dinos should be 'tribe property' more or less. Every tribe member doesn't need their own private egg-layers. If your tribe is doing that... congrats, you're the reason this is being implemented. I have about 5 dinos that I would call 'mine' right now. Everything elseis tribe property. We've got a male & female (typically 2 females) of almost every dino that gives useful kibble. I think I heard someone guote that we'll have 41 kibble producers as of the new patch... so that's 123 dinos for kibble. Let say that you want to be extremely aggressive with every type of kibble and have 4 females and male. That's 205 dinos for kibble. Add in utilitarian dinos... lets say you've got another 10 oviraptors to keep the egg-buff on everything and we're at 215. Ankys are already covered, they lay eggs and there's no reason your egg layers can't also be used for utility. You'll need Doeds for stone. You'll need something for wood, presumably beavers. Lets assume a male and a female of each that you leave back at base so that if your active utility creature dies you can breed another one with your good stats, that's another 6. 221. A set of 30 extra rexes for boss battles puts you at 251. Give everybody in a 20 person tribe an allotment of 8 personal dinos that they can do anything they want with... that's 80. We're at 331. I'm starting to run out of reasons that a tribe needs more dinos. During the breeding process to actually get all of the stats you're looking for, you'll often spike higher than this... but really it shouldn't be that difficult to stay under 400. I've given a fairly liberal set of numbers (tribes don't need 4 females of every kibble producer) here and still stayed under the 400 cap.

I understand the truly large tribes complaining. 400 dinos for a 20 person tribe is probably rather constraining. 400 dinos for a 40 person tribe is probably almost completely unworkable. I'd prefer to see a regressive formula for the tribe cap rather than a flat number. This could result in a 1 person tribe having a limit of 200 dinos and a 20 person tribe having a limit of 600 dinos. These numbers are probably reasonable, though it might still need tweaked a bit.

26 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

you do realize this promotes solo playstyle rather than tribe playstyle? Why would have a 10 man tribe have access to less dinos than a 2 man tribe? And i am not neccesarily talking about unnecessary egg farms, we just ended an event that promoted the mating of dinos and with the sped up breeding rates it also promoted actual breeding of dinos, the random mutations there are promote a collector way of playing the game. Upping the taming rates also supported the players in getting more dinos.

In our tribe we dont have excessive egg farms yet we have quite a bunch of active players that do breeding server trading and whatnot so it might be the case that with 10 guys we already hit the cap with 40 dinos each (which isnt that much imo).

This is (at least i believe it was) a sandbox-ish kind of game and forcing people into a pattern isnt the way to go for such a game. If there is supposed to be a limit take the max player limit of a server (70 for most of them if i am not mistaken) and work out how many dinos every single player could possibly have and make it a per player limit or for that matter a per steam account limit. That way people wont just transfer stuff elsewhere.

And if you think splitting of tribes is not a thing that will happen then you are delusional.

why the f*** you added tribes then? when you are adding 400 dinos limit? what to do with bigger tribes that got 8-10 active members to have 40 dinos each? there's more than 40 kind of dinos..and now i understand why is ark mostly negative rated...I understand that you are based on pvp and you are adding dinos that are usefull for pvp but dino limit is crap...Paying 28€ for early acces game and 20€ for dlc but ok game is great but it will be raptored up with this v255 update with 400 dinos limit...Maybe buy better servers?...
Some people will stop playing now but yeah it seems that you dont care about it...Sorry for bad english but i am sure you will understand what i mean 

20 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Well you will see big tribes falling apart and quitting game...For those big tribes who each player has his own base and dinos...i dont believe we can ask them to reduce their 100dinos to 20 just because we are 20players and everyone will do it to make 400.....Or maybe admins should just kick lower members and keep their bases and dinos to start reducing dinos...This is a joke or a plan to ruin big tribes to split and go singleplayer on official?Bye Pve......i guess

5 minutes ago, Bolty said:

are you just copy pasting something in every rply? all this is update is saying play solo. with tribe you all are f**ked if you have like like 10-12 active players you dont even get 1 each king of dino to yourself. so dont be ass kisser and say whats right.

Well - there is some merit to his statement, and with a limit comes some management and skill.  Players will have to strategise what to tame and breed.  I had a player in my tribe once that only wanted to tame animals.  The result was a huge amount of animals - all without saddles - all died because hunting & feeding them was a full time job. You could not move for the bloody things.

not even sure if this limit is going to change anything. if most tribes are at about 100 dinos and raft, you only need 40 tribes to hit the 4k limit on the server.

40 tribes of solo players is not too hard to achieve

making the math more realistic, 80 dinos and raft per tribe will bring the number to 50 tribes, which is still lower than the max capacity of a server (70)

I am not surprised when after the patch is released there are still servers that has hit the server taming limit and talking about it on the forums

there is no limit to the amount of players in each server. there is only a limit to the amount of players online in that server at any given time. it's a finite solution trying to resolve an infinitely large problem.

the best interpretation I can come up with at this moment to this problem is this:

a troll can take a pair of beavers from their home server, go to each server getting mats to make rafts. with 400 rafts a troll can easily take out 400 slots on the server. and you just need 3 trolls to totally ruin the experience for that server.

47 minutes ago, Darinth said:

If you're in a tribe with 10 people or less & complaining, you're the cause of this change. You can rage all you want, you're not going to like it, but you are the reason that this is being done. A 10 person tribe does not need more than 400 dinos.

Could it use some tweaks? Yeah. I could see a regressive scaling based on the number of players in a tribe... but honestly there have already been some good analysis of how a 10 person tribe should be able to stay under the 400 cap without serious issues. Most of those 400 dinos should be 'tribe property' more or less. Every tribe member doesn't need their own private egg-layers. If your tribe is doing that... congrats, you're the reason this is being implemented. I have about 5 dinos that I would call 'mine' right now. Everything elseis tribe property. We've got a male & female (typically 2 females) of almost every dino that gives useful kibble. I think I heard someone guote that we'll have 41 kibble producers as of the new patch... so that's 123 dinos for kibble. Let say that you want to be extremely aggressive with every type of kibble and have 4 females and male. That's 205 dinos for kibble. Add in utilitarian dinos... lets say you've got another 10 oviraptors to keep the egg-buff on everything and we're at 215. Ankys are already covered, they lay eggs and there's no reason your egg layers can't also be used for utility. You'll need Doeds for stone. You'll need something for wood, presumably beavers. Lets assume a male and a female of each that you leave back at base so that if your active utility creature dies you can breed another one with your good stats, that's another 6. 221. A set of 30 extra rexes for boss battles puts you at 251. Give everybody in a 20 person tribe an allotment of 8 personal dinos that they can do anything they want with... that's 80. We're at 331. I'm starting to run out of reasons that a tribe needs more dinos. During the breeding process to actually get all of the stats you're looking for, you'll often spike higher than this... but really it shouldn't be that difficult to stay under 400. I've given a fairly liberal set of numbers (tribes don't need 4 females of every kibble producer) here and still stayed under the 400 cap.

I understand the truly large tribes complaining. 400 dinos for a 20 person tribe is probably rather constraining. 400 dinos for a 40 person tribe is probably almost completely unworkable. I'd prefer to see a regressive formula for the tribe cap rather than a flat number. This could result in a 1 person tribe having a limit of 200 dinos and a 20 person tribe having a limit of 600 dinos. These numbers are probably reasonable, though it might still need tweaked a bit.

just a single question: why were random color mutations implemented if not for collection purposes?

i do understand your approach only being rational and just keep a minimum of dinos and you are probably correct for the most part but there IS collectibles that is a fact.

And to be honest the way you describe the make up of your dino squad i would be surprised if playing that way wouldve kept me entertained for almost 2k hours (my gf even hitting 3k soonish) at all i probably wouldve left ark when i hit 1k hours because id probably be done getting everything the way you describe it and just occasionally breed in new stats.

And yes you could share dinos amongst other tribe members but then again why was imprinting implemented and encourage people to have your own dino for whatever purpose.

On another note: nitrado servers suck, get rid of some servers merge them support people in moving their stuff get rid of some of them and buy / rent better servers.

1 hour ago, GamerPerfection said:

so you are saying with a tribe with active 10-12 players should not get a 1 every single kind of dinos to themself? this is what you think is skill? this clearly most stupid thing ever WC can ever do. we all have to come together and stop them from doing this. everyone comment and let them know dont be stupid. think about players. games are about to have fun and this in no way can be considered a good they can do

IF ANYONE FROM WC IS READING THIS DONT DO THIS YOU WILL MAKING ALL THE PLAYER WHO PUT 1000S OF HOURS INTO THIS GAME RAGE AND LEAVE THIS GAME FOREVER. WE ALL WILL KNOW IF YOU DO THIS  YOU ACTUALLY WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. 

P.S. IS THERE A WAY THAT I CAN GET REFUND FOR THIS GAME AND DLC?? PLZ LET ME KNOW

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Bolty said:

so you are saying with a tribe with active 10-12 players should not get a 1 every single kind of dinos to themself? this is what you think is skill? this clearly most stupid thing ever WC can ever do. we all have to come together and stop them from doing this. every comment and let them know dont be stupid think about players. games are about to have fun and this in no way can be considered a good they can do

IF ANYONE FROM WC IS READING THIS DONT DO THIS YOU WILL MAKING ALL THE PLAYER WHO PUT 1000S OF HOURS INTO THIS GAME RAGE AND LEAVE THIS GAME FOREVER. WE ALL WILL KNOW IF YOU DO THIS  YOU ACTUALLY WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. 

P.S. IS THERE A WAY THAT I CAN GET REFUND FOR THIS GAME AND DLC?? PLZ LET ME KNOW

The skill would be around the members of the tribe getting together and deciding what dinos are crucial to the survival of the tribe. How they manage that, what is a "nice to have" and what is a "necessity". It is about the tribe members strategizing, and working together to have the best tribe they can. Rather than have every player in one tribe just having hundreds of dinos each just so that they can have "their own" dino all to themselves. A tribe having players that want dinos all to themselves and not share the use of dinos is not a tribe, it's a group of solo players grouped together.

I fail to see why the max dino limit per tribe is a big deal, with a max of what 5k dinos on the whole server? It's too easy for an Alpha tribe to out tame a smaller tribe. 400 is plenty, nobody needs x1 or even x2 of each per tribe member.

Of course, this is optional for those us on unofficial and continues to be why unofficial will always be a better experience than official.

Archived