Did you know WC is cutting tribes to 400 tames in 2 days???

Vad

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen posts lately about servers hitting their tame limit, pretty sure this is the reason. I feel from the statement that a firm decision has not been made yet on the actual limit. It may well be that this is a sudden decision they made where by they feel that the issue of server tame limits being reached will be a worse issue in a shorter amount of time and as such feel that putting it off may do more harm than good.

Wonder how they will do this. Will it be you can't tame/claim any until you drop below the cap for your tribe... or will it randomly delet dinos until you are at the cap. If the second one I can see a huge amount of rage. You removed all the best dinos we had and left us the dodos. I hope it is the first option.

Does not affect me at all. I don't have. nor plan to have anywhere near the cap. Don't want or need that headache again.

1 hour ago, Vad said:

My issue is with lack of communication from WC about it. Dropping it in the middle of a post on steam and saying that it's coming in the next update without informing of the logistics to their community is not a good way to treat the issue or the players.

They will inform us in the patchnotes.

@Jamagh I am fairly certain they will not just delete random dinos. So it probably gonna be the first.

PVE only.

P!V!E! ONLY!!!

i've ticked over 2k hours there and know the problem. lack of death is the problem. everyone who's in the thatch business starts to hoard their creatures. 1000 per a decent tribe is nothing, and the servers can't handle it. horrendous lag and low spawns are the results. if you can't live with the compromise then bu-huu. don't see the need for half the dinos anyways. maybe the DLC pass will individualize each species and makes them unique enough to be worthy of collection and breeding. 

but what pisses me off though is their lack of communication here. why the actual fudge haven't i seen anything on this "marvelous" forum? half the news i'm getting on wiki main page twitter feed. is this ridiculous or is this ridiculous? :S

7 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

PVE only.

P!V!E! ONLY!!!

i've ticked over 2k hours there and know the problem. lack of death is the problem. everyone who's in the thatch business starts to hoard their creatures. 1000 per a decent tribe is nothing, and the servers can't handle it. horrendous lag and low spawns are the results. if you can't live with the compromise then bu-huu. don't see the need for half the dinos anyways. maybe the DLC pass will individualize each species and makes them unique enough to be worthy of collection and breeding. 

but what pisses me off though is their lack of communication here. why the actual fudge haven't i seen anything on this "marvelous" forum? half the news i'm getting on wiki main page twitter feed. is this ridiculous or is this ridiculous? :S

Problem isn't lack of death it's claiming.  Very few tribes on a PVE server would even be affected by this cap.  And who cares about upcoming patch notes, it's a privilege not a right.  Whatever changes they will make they will make, and we'll see it when the patch comes out.

9 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

Problem isn't lack of death it's claiming.  Very few tribes on a PVE server would even be affected by this cap.  And who cares about upcoming patch notes, it's a privilege not a right.  Whatever changes they will make they will make, and we'll see it when the patch comes out.

i disagree on both counts. the 3 kibble tree branches (dodo, dilo, scorp) should go past the 50 mark on a well established tribe. considering there are 123 species released (yeah, not all are tameable, but still) that should be a warning in itself. plus, patch notes are too late in some cases. remember the redwoods introduction? heck, even the cave redesigns? without a warning a lot of players would have been wiped to some extent. two heads are better than one so when they mention dino caps, people start asking questions that the devs might have not considered. like, is this retroactive? what if it's as stable as building limit? or what happens to your 401st baby? will this be raised after release? if you accept any faith then you probably don't have enough hours wasted on ark :P 

LoL hold up, do ANY of you play PVE???

Tribe limit is curently 200, so how is this Negative at all other than the Lag we will now get for bumping our Egg farms up even more?

I think this is a step in the right direction seeings  they want ppl to Tribe up while only offering the same dino cap for individuals as tribes. Our tribe of 3 almost split up because of the 200 cap. 

XB1 PVE+

16 minutes ago, Lhazi said:

LoL hold up, do ANY of you play PVE???

Tribe limit is curently 200, so how is this Negative at all other than the Lag we will now get for bumping our Egg farms up even more?

I think this is a step in the right direction seeings  they want ppl to Tribe up while only offering the same dino cap for individuals as tribes. Our tribe of 3 almost split up because of the 200 cap. 

XB1 PVE+

16 minutes ago, Shayne1973 said:

I always thought the limit was 200 per person/tribe?

Pretty sure Xbox has lower limits than the PC does.  

400 tamed per tribe is a nightmare on some xbox PvE servers(don't know if the tame increase is for Xbox but lets just assume it was) ...just remember that there is a overall server tame limit,  once this limit is reached no one on the server can tame or raise anything else. If they could somehow raise this overall dino cap per server and help with the lag and dashboarding issues it might not be so bad. So lets just hope they raise overall dino cap and fix some other issues before doing this increase. I also agree with a few of the comments above... What are you gonna do with 400 dinos??  Its ridiculous.

58 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

i disagree on both counts. the 3 kibble tree branches (dodo, dilo, scorp) should go past the 50 mark on a well established tribe. considering there are 123 species released (yeah, not all are tameable, but still) that should be a warning in itself. plus, patch notes are too late in some cases. remember the redwoods introduction? heck, even the cave redesigns? without a warning a lot of players would have been wiped to some extent. two heads are better than one so when they mention dino caps, people start asking questions that the devs might have not considered. like, is this retroactive? what if it's as stable as building limit? or what happens to your 401st baby? will this be raised after release? if you accept any faith then you probably don't have enough hours wasted on ark :P 

For peak performance of an egg farm, 3-6 females of a given species is all you need due to the egg laying interval, and the max number of eggs for a species that can be on the ground in a given area (6 for everything but dodos and titanboas which are both set at 8) There are 39 egg laying species that currently lay eggs that are used in kibble that actually tames things, plus 7 that are not currently used for useful kibble.

That means that for a good kibble farm 156-273 dinos are all you need at this time. Certainly don't need 50 dodos, dilos, or scorps sitting around. (If you meant for the entire line, I appologize,)

Anyway, like in other threads, I don't have any issues on them capping tame limits. My concern is how they plan to handle it. The lack of communication in this is worrying. I mean, here you have a designated community lead, offhandedly saying that there will be a tame cap in steam forums, leaving other members to make the discovery and bring it over here. 

Not all people check 2 forum's at the same time since both forums are like treading through a landmine.

6 hours ago, Shayne1973 said:

Breeding,egg farming or even just variety.

Idk ive done all that and the most ive ever had was 130.

400 would be tough to manage.

You can hit the (Xbox) cap pretty quick if you're a breeder. In a small tribe, merged from two smaller tribes on a player server, my tribemate bred quetzals, I bred ankylosaurs, and we were both JUST getting to the good payoffs when the server wiped

He had maybe 5 or 6 rexes for eggs maybe a dozen quetz, I had 7 or 8 dilos, maybe 20 ankylo around. Doesn't sound like much, but that's >15% of the cap.

And all the other tames were what killed us. Raptors and Carnos, Pteras and Argies, Mesopithecus packs and dimorph swarms. . .

I guess it's that I have played since pretty much launch and am at 5k hours and there were more people on a server back then. You had to wait till someone logged off to get in the server since it was always full. So there was more bases, more dinos, but less lag. Now my tribe is 10 highly active players. we each have our own utility dinos, we have eggers, gigas, quetz, etc as you all know and it really adds up fast. we are very strong as a group but the lag is worsening.  I am not against limits but there needs to be more thought from WC about it.  I am not trying to beat a dead horse but I know how the game has been moving from a play perspective since it was released for early access. 

Archived